BANGKOK
camerata

Camerata's Guide To The Permanent Residence Process

Will current political events affect PR applications??

I would not have thought so, no link has been made by Gen Sonthi & Co. between what is effectively an internal Thai political matter and PR applicant policy.

Could be wrong, but on the face of it I can't see a relationship between the 2 matters.

Tim

Is there any indication whether the current political situation will affect applications for PR this coming December?

I'd suspect the bureacracy will churn along an put the reviewed applicants on the Ministers desk at the designated time and he will sign them in due course. The civil service here is quite powerful and used to guiding the ministers, as I am sure they will do again next year.

HI

ALL THIS VISA RULES ARE A BIT CONFUSING I UNDERSTAND MORE

CHANGES COMING ON THE 1st OF OCTOBER.

CAN YOU TELL ME. ME AND MY WIFE BOTH ENGLISH WHAT TO MOVE

TO THAILAND.

MY INLAWS BOTH RETIRED AND ENGLISH MOVED THERE 3 YEARS AGO

SO IS IT SAFE TO SAY WE COULD ALSO MOVE THERE.

MY WIFE IS HOPEING TO TEACH SHE IS 46 AND I 48

AND HOW WOULD WE GO ON ABOUT THE VISA SITUATION

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ON THIS MATTER

BUNNJOHN

I think I've been given some BAD INFO on the PR process. I have a few simple questions.

(1) you must live in Thailand a certain length of time before you can apply. T/F ?

(2) if you are DENIED you lose the application fee (191K single or 95K married). T/F ?

Thanks,

LDB :o

HI

ALL THIS VISA RULES ARE A BIT CONFUSING I UNDERSTAND MORE

CHANGES COMING ON THE 1st OF OCTOBER.

CAN YOU TELL ME. ME AND MY WIFE BOTH ENGLISH WHAT TO MOVE

TO THAILAND.

MY INLAWS BOTH RETIRED AND ENGLISH MOVED THERE 3 YEARS AGO

SO IS IT SAFE TO SAY WE COULD ALSO MOVE THERE.

MY WIFE IS HOPEING TO TEACH SHE IS 46 AND I 48

AND HOW WOULD WE GO ON ABOUT THE VISA SITUATION

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ON THIS MATTER

BUNNJOHN

First, take off the 'caps lock'. Caps mean you are yelling; not a nice thing. :o

Second, you need to post under 'thai visa, residency and work permits'.......this particular thread deals with permanent residency and you're not ready to tackle that yet.

I think I've been given some BAD INFO on the PR process. I have a few simple questions.

(1) you must live in Thailand a certain length of time before you can apply. T/F ?

(2) if you are DENIED you lose the application fee (191K single or 95K married). T/F ?

Thanks,

Item 1 - must have lived here on 1-year extensions (continuous - though exiting with a reentry permit does not effect this) for 3 years.

Item 2 - The 191k/95k fee is only if you get accepted, you do lose the 7600 baht application fee.

I would not have thought so, no link has been made by Gen Sonthi & Co. between what is effectively an internal Thai political matter and PR applicant policy.

Could be wrong, but on the face of it I can't see a relationship between the 2 matters.

Tim

I applied for PR when purachai was about to go. the interior ministry changed hands and changed hands again ... the whole PR process was on hold for over two years.

they did not redefine the rules, but it took time.

maybe the political situation has an influence. surely timewise, as the interior minister has to give his final signature. and who knows when we got a permanent interior minister again?

Thanks,

Item 1 - must have lived here on 1-year extensions (continuous - though exiting with a reentry permit does not effect this) for 3 years.

Item 2 - The 191k/95k fee is only if you get accepted, you do lose the 7600 baht application fee.

thx. :D

What if I have a criminal record, then I can never become a PR of Thailand? Will it follow me? Will I become a sub-standard citizen in Thailand like they treat me in the US? I havn't murdered or raped anyone but I would never get a "certificate of NO criminal record". Does PR approval depend on the crimes and the length of time they were commited?

Part of the reason I want to rid myself of the US and its Government is because of the lifelong conviction and treatment by the US Government. Getting a job or pursuing a career, owning or possessing a firearm and overall view by Goverment and society as a whole because of some mistakes and indescretions I made when I was 18/19yo.

Edited by Soon2BXpat33

Aside from teaching, is there any way I can immigrate to Thailand? For starters, I would like to live in Thailand for 6 months and live in USA for 6 months. I certainly make enough working in the US to sustain living in Thailand for 6 months then returning back to USA.

Is there any easy way for me to accomplish this? From what I've read it just seems like all I need to do is overstay and pay at the airport on my way out.

I am 33yo. I don't have a college degree or any specialized trainning. I don't plan on working in Thailand if I do my 6month/6month idea.

This site is LOADED with information and first hand testimony and I have read alot of it. With the new government and visa laws, I just wanted to hear some peoples opinions.

What if I have a criminal record, then I can never become a PR of Thailand? Will it follow me? Will I become a sub-standard citizen in Thailand like they treat me in the US? I havn't murdered or raped anyone but I would never get a "certificate of NO criminal record". Does PR approval depend on the crimes and the length of time they were commited?

Part of the reason I want to rid myself of the US and its Government is because of the lifelong conviction and treatment by the US Government. Getting a job or pursuing a career, owning or possessing a firearm and overall view by Goverment and society as a whole because of some mistakes and indescretions I made when I was 18/19yo.

Due to felony convictions in the USA you will NOT be able to get a VISA to Thailand at all <to the best of my knowledge>

Tim

I applied for PR when purachai was about to go. the interior ministry changed hands and changed hands again ... the whole PR process was on hold for over two years.

they did not redefine the rules, but it took time.

maybe the political situation has an influence. surely timewise, as the interior minister has to give his final signature. and who knows when we got a permanent interior minister again?

Good point, until there's an interior minister there can be no signing off on PR aps. I don't think it would be necessary that the interior minister be 'permanent', as surely an interim minister could sign as well.

Due to felony convictions in the USA you will NOT be able to get a VISA to Thailand at all <to the best of my knowledge>

have a conviction, forget it! A friend tried and shown the door (UK friend).

Thanks,

Yes, you must live in Thailand have a continuous Non B Immigrant visa for at least 3 years, BUT please remember that some have held these visa for 10 or more years so the competition is very high.

If you are denied the applicaiton, you loose the application fee of 7,000 baht (or thereabouts) for the paperwork. The 191,000 is for the book itself. Check with your lawyer is better l think.

What if I have a criminal record, then I can never become a PR of Thailand?

Unless the criminal record expires, it's unlikely you'll be able to apply for PR. In some countries, minor offences older than 10 years aren't shown on a criminal record certificate.