BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
dirtycash

honda steed 400cc or suzuki intruder 1400cc custom chopper ?

Again i will say brand new honda ctx700 with dual clutch auto tranny for 400 k thb. You can sell it easier too and good for hassle free touring.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

back to basics and the honda click then for me whistling.gif

What is your budget for a bike ?

Does it stretch enough for a new Yamaha Bolt (Bt.465,000) ?

Nice lazy 900cc twin would just eat up the highway miles.

iBBjuSLtws0828050820.jpg

wow....nice but my max budget is around 200 k

200k will cover the deposit then pay the rest off @ 9k per month !!!

Well dirtycash, you've had some great advice on this thread. From people with far greater biking experience than me. I came here 16 years ago with a similar idea to you, what I wanted was a Vietnam era Harley to renovate and live the dream. Only ever saw one and even though it was a bag of nails it was way out of my price range. Ok then plan B, bought a Wave brand new and rode the arse off it. Moved up to a Sonic and same thing, probably a mistake, should have gone for the CBR 150, but never mind. Then went for Kawasaki Boss, mana I loved that little bike, only 175 but it was a great little ride. Then moved up? to a Honda Phantom. Which I still have to this day, underpowered, only 200 cc but as I have put 60K on her it has been my most formative machine.Now have a Yamaha Virago XV 525, again lovely little bike, what I really like about her is the powe is there when you need it. Anyway to cut a long story short, if I were in your shoes I would go for a phantom first, 45 or 50,000 will geyt you a good one, ride the arse off it and get some kms under your belt. 2 or 3 months maybe, then identify the bike you really want and go for it. There are some good deals to be had here way below the prices you have been quoted. I have a couple of friends with the Steed 400 and they all regret not going for the 600 and they are drop dead gorgeous bikes too. Just a bit of lateral thinking for you. Thing is if you go for a Phantom, you probably wont lose much money on it, they are also reliable and economical. Good luck.

• Like 2