Looking for a modern room/studio less than 6000 baht/month

Hi all,

i'm gonna be spending at least 3 months in Bangkok and i'm looking for a room or a studio (or a small flat) i can rent for less than 6000 baht per month.

I need the accomodation to have a good security and of course a reliable internet connection.

Any advices where to go?

There's a website called Prakard. Forum rules prohibit me from posting the link, but if you search on Google you will find that website. There are hundreds of apartments on there for rent.

Edited by IsaanUSA
  • Like 1

For apartments at such a low rent, check 9apartment (com). You can choose by area and then sort them by price. I am not allowed to post a link, but i hope moderators allow me to post the hint what to google for

• Like 1

In 2011 I live in BK for 5 months. First I rented a room in MinBuri, at the Tara Garden Hotel on Soi Ramkanhaeng, and later in a new service/apartment building on the same street. Nice places with AC, frig, wifi, parking, etc. At that time costing 5000thb/month. It is a busy small street with many good restaurants and markets, leading to the entry gate of the Perfect Place complex...Very well known in the area, and with a nice Club House everybody can join. Many more hotels and service/apartments buildings around offering monthly rentals.

• Like 2

In 2011 I live in BK for 5 months. First I rented a room in MinBuri, at the Tara Garden Hotel on Soi Ramkanhaeng, and later in a new service/apartment building on the same street. Nice places with AC, frig, wifi, parking, etc. At that time costing 5000thb/month. It is a busy small street with many good restaurants and markets, leading to the entry gate of the Perfect Place complex...Very well known in the area, and with a nice Club House everybody can join. Many more hotels and service/apartments buildings around offering monthly rentals.

Could you tell me the name of this new serviced apartment?

• 1 month later...

Bangkok is as cheap as anywhere up north. Don't believe the hype about it being "expensive". 3k should get you something decent in Bangkok and that includes wifi and aircon. I try to never spend more than 3k a month for accomodation while I'm in Thailand. Thais don't so why should you and I?

• 2 weeks later...

zierf1, thanks for the reply. For the 3000 baht per month, is it walking distance to MRT/BTS/ARL? If not, what do you normally budget for transport daily? I assume you take a motorbike taxi to the MRT/BTS/ARL? What section of Bangkok is that in?

Thanks

• 1 month later...