'Happy' Phuket police officer kills himself

webfact

'Happy' Phuket police officer kills himself
Darawan Naknakhon

1406620535_1-org.jpg
The accommodation block from which the officer jumped, and the tree that cushioned his fall on his first attempt at suicide.

PHUKET: -- A police officer tried to kill himself by jumping out of a third floor window in police accommodation in Talad Yai, Phuket Town at about 3am today (July 29).

On the way down, however, Sub Lt Rapiwat Kongchim, 42, crashed through a tree which slowed his fall, and then landed on a car.

Fellow officers later said they heard the thud of his landing, but thought nothing of it. Lt Rapiwat thenj climbed back up to his room and some officers said they heard him pacing around

At some point he returned downstairs and, at about 7am, his brother officers all came wide awake when they heard a shot. This time Lt Rapiwat had succeeded, shooting himself in the head with his .38 pistol.

He was transported to Vachira Phuket Hospital by Kusondharm Rescue Foundation volunteers, but was declared dead on arrival.

Fellow officers were perplexed; they described him as a happy man. But investigators – who concluded the death did not involve anyone else – said they believed he was suffering from depression, perhaps because of a chronic illness that had put him in hospital a number of times.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/%E2%80%98happy%E2%80%99-phuket-police-officer-kills-himself-47590.php

[pn]2014-07-29[/pn]

• Like 1

Poor guy he must have really wanted to end it. RIP

Depression is an insidous thing.  My son-in law committted suicide last year at the height of happiness  He had Great job happy wonderful wife and two great kids  he doted on , new house and no financial worries.   ( He had suffered from depression for years and we thought he had beaten it.)  So don't be quick to judge.  I hear thumps and thuds  from nearby apartmentsquite often .    I don't go and investigate.  Give the men in brown a break they lost one of their own.

• Like 2

Yes, police being such compassionate people, surely deserve compassion from us, their victims. Have any of you heard of how and why the US Department of Justice has taken over control and daily operations of the Albuquerque Police Department (APD)? Most of the police in Thailand I've had the misfortune to meet have been only slightly better. He will surely RIP if his karma so dictates, but I'll not be investing in the manufacture of celestial barcaloungers any time soon.

With all that is going on in Thailand at least feel for this man being in your home country and being a police officer A job without a lot of friends outside of work he must of needed a kind word or someone anyone just to talk too.RIP Lt.