Looking at Opportunities in Myanmar

khounteen

I am planning to come to Myanmar to have a look around for opportunities. This will be my first time to Myanmar. Where can I find an English speaking local guide with a car to show us around the place and are there any recommended law firms or accountants to help with questions in setting up a company? What are the costs like?

i was just there last week, ( Mandalay & Bagan) ; plenty of english speaking guides,

dont know much about lawyers but do have two friends that live in Yangoon, ( one teaches at the international school, other works with Carlsberg.

In my opinion; its a gold mine and the skys the limit, but no idea the amount of red tape you need go thru.

i was just there last week, ( Mandalay & Bagan) ; plenty of english speaking guides,

dont know much about lawyers but do have two friends that live in Yangoon, ( one teaches at the international school, other works with Carlsberg.

In my opinion; its a gold mine and the skys the limit, but no idea the amount of red tape you need go thru.

Aha, Carlsberg would make things very foggy, haha...

90% of all the local tour companies are small businesses. Why don't you contact one of them as they will inevitably have both transport and someone who speaks English. Just tell them what you want and get them to arrange it, I'm pretty confident that as long as they get paid they don't care if they're driving you around industrial estates or tourist attractions!

• Like 1

An old friend once said "The best way to leave Myanmar with one million dollars - is to arrive with two...."

An old friend of who said this? I've heard this about almost every country I know over the last decade or so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...