Canadian Journalist Shot Dead By Girlfriend In Chiang Mai

Jai Dee

I'll give it a shot.

There are many people who are taking a deeper look at themselves and involved in some sort of process that can facilitate personal growth. Thats a good thing. All of these processes are very comfortable places to be. Each process has a fundamental message that someone discovered worked for them and can work for you if you do what I did. The "followers" then learn the message and with it the lingo. They likely are enlightened about something and experence some personal growth. There are common "truths" that just resonate with people. After your own "enlightenment" education you want to share your experence with others so you use the language to enlighten others. Unfortunatly if you stay with all the nice folks in the group you deprive yourself of the opportunity to test yourself to see if you really are different. It's a very comfortable place to be. Everyone is nice to eachother and hugs and kisses all around. What I find amusing is that these people become so comfortable that all the baggage that brought them there in the first place is still there but they have just found a new way to ignore it. It's like the dry drunk. There not drinking and they know all the lingo and have the bumper stickers, but thats about it.

It's kind of like the "geographical cure" If you are unhappy where you are than just move to another place and you'll be so distracted with all the new details you won't think about your troubles. At least for awhile anyway.

IMO PC is the business of always trying to present yourself as a diluted down version of your self. If you look at polititions these days they even have coaches who are responsable for keeping them "on message" and keeping there foot out of there mouths. Thats all fine, but how do you know what they stand for and how passionate they might be about something.

Some of the people here say what they think. I like that. I hear them and I know where they stand on an issue. If I say "I think she should fry" it leaves no doubt.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give it a shot.

EEKS no pun intended I hope..............

Is this another outcome of a fundamental difference in the way that males/females tend to process information?

In my experience, men in general just are, or are taught/conditioned by social pressure to be decisive, get to the root of the problem, solve it, and move on.

To me, the simple “she should fry” answer is also a dangerous distraction from the reality that there is a lot of stuff going on that needs to be considered and dealt with that truly does add up to real life. We all have to deal with this and I think “traditionally” women do it for men and men do the tough work of making decisions for women.

The quick straight-up answer then can be a distracting way of hiding from bigger complex problems that may actually not be neatly solvable. Hopefully by looking at the big picture, complex issues at least can become managed effectively and constructively handled or more avoidable. Maybe in the end the result is the same, but in taking time to go through a complete consideration of all the angles some other outcomes may result that although they can not alter the tragedy at hand they do have some lasting benefit.

A “feminine” style may be more prone to really consider every possible ramification thereby appearing indecisive or obsessive. I agree that there is also an intoxicating, paralyzing, real stuck-in-the-process trap that some fall into while in supporting one another, like the victim-bonding all men suck mode. Personally, I have no patience for this pink poison cr*p that avoids all responsibility and accountability. But I do value real communication that takes the time necessary to sort things out, grow and learn.

I think that both masculine and feminine approaches can have real strengths and real problems. Adult people of either gender do have the potential ability to see this and I think that to the extent that we can integrate the strengths of both, we can become full dimensioned people.

I guess to me, the way the GPD/Jeana story appears is really tragic because it smacks of the explosive outcome of a collsion of worst of both.