Canadian Journalist Shot Dead By Girlfriend In Chiang Mai

Jai Dee

Was there a hint of sarcasm in the way Thaivisa sent this mail alert? That's how it appeared in my mailbox:

Thailand dating

http://dating.thaivisa.com

Canadian shot dead by girlfriend

Read more:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74720

Expat Insurance - Get your quote on-line:

http://insurance.thaivisa.com

Thats a hoot! My morning concern for another violent death in LOS was lightened by this serendipitous

email.

kdf

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had just about concluded before these latest posts that it was a case of "Naked Lunch" revisited -- with the roles reversed, of course.

William Burroughs stated later in his defense that the problem was not his aim, but that the gun shot low.

But now, too many complications . . . Thai girlfriend, ex-wife, Herbalife etc. What a mess. And next we'll hear that the CNN connection was really MI5 or CIA. A hitman? This gets more twisted with each passing moment.

One almost wishes it had been simply a friendly game of William Tell gone bad.

How did she get a gun?

http://www.gun.in.th/

:o

ok guys - ive been here 15+ yeares is it TV which ive only just started getting into or have i missed something for 15 years - its like is this country i thougt i knew that my thai wife has lived with me in seemingly happy for last 4+ years - that our child is fussed over at temples etc

but hang on - i had a row/argument with my thai wife today - much same as u have in uk or usa with your wife and like lots of rows over last 4+ years - ???? do i get a gun before she shoots me or do i reckon it will jsut blow over like all couples rows -

good xxxxx if i bleived everthing in tv id have left 10 years ago but as in film papillon - im still here you bastards - come on stop slagging

Ps: where can i get gun before my wife does

Man it just gets curiouser and curiouser. I am sure this will be a book and possibly a movie.

I could find nothing under Dubie in the Internet Movie Database, which should have info on him if he was involved in documentaries.

Judging from the photos of him--plastic surgery?

Man it just gets curiouser and curiouser. I am sure this will be a book and possibly a movie.

I could find nothing under Dubie in the Internet Movie Database, which should have info on him if he was involved in documentaries.

This film he did for sure...

Souls at Bay

http://www.parmarth.com/updates/aprilmay2003/index.html

These two films, did they happen or was it just talk?

Bali Blast brought to Hollywood

http://baliwww.com/news/bali_travel_news/d...002/12/387.html

He is making a movie about Tsunami down in Phuket right now.

http://human.payap.ac.th/webboard/show.php...gory=eng&No=171

More twists and turns in this saga to come.

ok guys - ive been here 15+ yeares is it TV which ive only just started getting into or have i missed something for 15 years - its like is this country i thougt i knew that my thai wife has lived with me in seemingly happy for last 4+ years - that our child is fussed over at temples etc

but hang on - i had a row/argument with my thai wife today - much same as u have in uk or usa with your wife and like lots of rows over last 4+ years - ???? do i get a gun before she shoots me or do i reckon it will jsut blow over like all couples rows -

good xxxxx if i bleived everthing in tv id have left 10 years ago but as in film papillon - im still here you bastards - come on stop slagging

Ps: where can i get gun before my wife does

Do practice tolerance with simple strategise, Lose to Win. If all want to wins over their spouses end losers thus no winners. Both parties will suffers eventually. Have a nice day. :o

Thailand-Canadian-Killed-.jpg

An unidentified Thai woman (top) mourns over the dead body of a Canadian man, George Patrick Dubie, at a Chiang Mai hospital in Chiang Mai province, northern Thailand Monday. Dubie, 52, had been shot to death by his 48-year old Canadian girlfriend, Margaret Crane, during a heated argument, police said. Crane was detained shortly after the shooting. (AP photo)

George,

Does Thai Visa really have to turn in one of the Thai newspapers with the pictures of the dead? I know after you have been in Thailand, you become Thai. Still I would think most Farang would rather respect the deceased and not show the photos. Perhaps a poll should be taken?

Why is it that always the females go berserk over whatever issue..????

31yo Farang, GAY, with thai guy since 5 1/2 years, living together full-time, no problems AT ALL, EVER. Arguements? Sure, everyone has. Fights? Never. Gun? Nope, none needed. $$? Own accounts for both of us, no problems.

So was he a journalist, or a fantasist. As CNN Bangkok deny all knowledge of him, seems like the latter.

I thought to be a foreign journo here you needed a special entry visa, and be registered with the Ministry of Information.

So was he a journalist, or a fantasist. As CNN Bangkok deny all knowledge of him, seems like the latter.

I thought to be a foreign journo here you needed a special entry visa, and be registered with the Ministry of Information.

The guy (the dead one) looks very familiar. Does anyone one have any idea how long he is understood to have been in Chiangmai.

Perhaps it might be a (or sound to be) a silly question, (but I will ask anyway) Had the guy lost the lower half of one of his arms ? If he hadn't it would eliminate at least one person from my list of "possibles"

This film he did for sure...

Souls at Bay

http://www.parmarth.com/updates/aprilmay2003/index.html

These two films, did they happen or was it just talk?

Bali Blast brought to Hollywood

http://baliwww.com/news/bali_travel_news/d...002/12/387.html

He is making a movie about Tsunami down in Phuket right now.

http://human.payap.ac.th/webboard/show.php...gory=eng&No=171

More twists and turns in this saga to come.

I think the first film may be bogus too as the only reference to it that I could find on Google was from the same site. Passing strange that a film supposedly including all those famous people and involving National Geographic and network presentations does not rate a single Google hit anywhere, at least in the first 3 or 4 pages. Also, nothing turns up on IMDB, which usually includes the most obscure films. Nothing under Linda Gray having appeared or worked on the film either. Something very fishy.

Another curious point. If you Google Jadeavassociates, the company that Jon Onuma aka Jade Yoshino (Jade??) supposedly was affiliated with, all you get are hits for a company selling MAC cosmetic CDs on e-Bay. Company apparently operating out of Hawaii. A very unusual name it seems to me, but cannot discern any connection between it and documentary film making.

Like I said, it gets curiouser and curiouser...

Just did a quick scan of the online Thai Rath article referenced by George and here are the main points I picked up:

The ex-wife met with her husband at the Whole Earth restaurant to discuss family problems. He began insulting her and she left to get in her car. He followed her, slapped her 3-4 times, and then pulled a revolver on her. There was a struggle and she ending up shooting him 3 times. She then got in the car and threw the gun off a bridge on the Mae Ping river. She claims that he raped/molested their child/children.

The cops found her but she could not recall the exact location where she ditched the gun so it has not been recovered. The re-enactment started from the restaurant, during which time she was visibly distressed.

During the re-enactment a close friend of the deceased named Jim (US) told police that the deceased was a special correspondant for CNN, worked with the UN, and was involved with organizations to help Tsunami victims. AP reports that CNN Bangkok denies any knowledge of this guy.

Edited by qualtrough

Tried to edit my previous post mentioning Jon Onuma and Jadeavassociates but could not for some reason.

Check this out from a site dedicated to the disappearance of Kristen Modafferi (http://www.findkristen.com/Index.html). Jon Onuma is suspected of involvement, and was known to associate with Dubie. Note the Hawaii connection. Perhaps he was indeed selling Makeup CDs on eBay from Hawaii??:

BTW, the Kristen site has an update about Dubie being murdered.

He has since 'fled' or 'moved' to Kaneohe, Hawaii and curiously ends up living alone in an million dollar plus home with several acres of land and a great view of the ocean on one side and cascading waterfalls on the other. He was driving a late model gleaming Mercedes Benz convertible. Somehow he hooked up with the homeowner by telling him he was a professional videoographer. (He stole the camera equipment from a woman who claims he sexually assaulted her and threaten to kill her.) This woman googled his name and learned of our website and contacted us.

The home was owned by a man named Daniel Dubie, a man who literally claims to be Jesus and has scammed millions from naive followers. He owned the Kaneohe estate with his wife, Geri Cvitanovich, one of the founding members of Herbalife and a legitimate hardworking millionaire. She has since divorced Dubie. Dubie was arrested in the 1980's by the FBI for kidnapping - although it was a child custody thing - not a random abduction.

Please stop with the hysterical woman comments. I know her I also know the small children that are now left in this mess. Still trying to sort the whole story out and most importantly find out where the children are. Her youngest is 3! Read the part about the reenactment she is saying he came after her. We don't know the story at this point. Have some sympathy people.

Rereading the article from Thai Rath I see I missed something important:

Dubie's ex-wife said they had four sons and two daugthers, and that during her time with him he regularly beat her and raped the two daughters, causing her to divorce him and raise the children by herself. He married a Thai woman from Chiang Mai, but sent money to his ex-wife regularly every month, who moved to Chiang Mai with the children.

This is like a modern day Aggi Cristie novel..... :D

Guy was nuttier than a fruitcake and was an up to date version of Charlie Manson / Jim Jones /dodgy Indian Mystics and those idiots who wanted to fly to heaven with their new Nike trainers.... :D

The poor old Chiang Mai Police will never suss out this lot....... :o

From...Honolulu Star-Bulletin.May 24th, 1983 Page A3

Former ‘Warrior’ Tells How a Cult Hooked Him.....

What makes someone become a follower of a self-proclaimed god?

Most people who go through such an experience are reluctant to talk about it, especially once they learn that the person they thought was a holy man was just a con artist.

But Craig Anthony Ingraham thinks other people should know what he went through. He was the right hand man to George Dubie, who claimed to be the Messiah.

Ingraham charged in a recent interview that Dubie brainwashed, tortured and psychologically manipulated him. He has filed a multi-million dollar suit against the missing guru.

For several years, Ingraham was a true believer in Dubie and his proclamations. His conversion wasn’t a sudden thing.

“At first, he told fascinating stories,” Ingraham said. “I thought that if nothing else, these are great stories.”

“He didn’t have any other groupies or followers at that point,” Ingraham said. “There were several people who did things for him, though.

And there were a couple of girls who were at his beck and call.”

Eventually, the talk turned to spiritual matters and Dubie described how he had undergone extensive training in eastern religions, Ingraham said. Soon, Dubie was performing “miracles,” which he called “changes of reality,”

“Whenever he would do ‘miracles’ or ‘changes of reality’ there would always be room for doubt,” Ingraham said. “I never saw something appear out of nowhere.”

But as a testament of Dubie’s ability to control people, Ingraham said he “still feels that George Dubie has some kind of power that I don’t understand.”

Dubie convinced Ingraham that he could become a “priest” and a “warrior” and learn to manipulate reality, Ingraham agreed to move into Dubie’s house near Diamond Head and undergo the training.

There were several others in the house at the time and all believed that Dubie was some type of spiritual being, Ingraham said. Dubie went by a number of names: Sean Dubie, David Hart, Keoki Dubie, Christian Hart and Frances LaRue.

Before long, however, Ingraham’s “training” was more like a torturous regime, with Dubie treating him like a slave, Ingraham said.

“He poured scalding water on my hand and beat me with a tennis racket,” Ingraham said. “He wouldn’t allow me to go to the hospital for three days, until I had gangrene. I wound up in the hospital for three days.”

Living with Dubie in the Diamond Head house was not a peaceful existence for disciples either, Ingraham said.

Dubie spent most of the time in his room upstairs, but organized religious studies discussions every night that ran until early morning, Ingraham said.

When Dubie scolded disciples for doing something wrong, such as not doing a godly job of “mowing the lawn,” instead of rebelling, the disciples wanted to do better, Ingraham said.

“You wanted to please him because he was Jesus Christ,” Ingraham said.

Ingraham said Dubie sent him out to recruit new followers. One woman Ingraham recruited was Sonja Lysiuk, a 27-year-old Canadian working in Hawaii as a prostitute, later court testimony was to reveal.

Ingraham introduced Lysiuk to Dubie and “she thought he was the greatest thing in the world,” Ingraham said.

Lysiuk began to give Dubie the money she made on the streets, about $1,000.00 a week, But eventually she became homesick and decided she wanted to return to Canada. Dubie insisted that she stay.

He said, “No, no, no. She’s an angel sent here to serve us warriors,”

Ingraham married Lysiuk although there was no love relationship between them, he said, and she continued to work as a prostitute.

In October 1978, Lysiuk was strangled in her Amana Street apartment.

I picked up the paper one morning and it said, “Call Girl Killed,” Ingraham remembered. “It blew my mind.”

Dubie said the death was Ingraham’s fault.

Although Ingraham was investigated about the murder, he eventually was cleared. Police later charged a man who had been Lysiuk’s customer but he was acquitted in a jury trial.

“The group moved to Kauan, and with money he gathered from devotees, Dubie built a ‘temple’ in Princeville,” Ingraham said. Dubie said that things would improve, and for a while they did. The beatings stopped and Dubie promised to build a recording studio so Ingraham could continue his music,” Ingraham said.

But eventually things returned to the way they were, Ingraham said. Dubie golfed and ran the cult while the others worked, Ingraham said. When the beatings also resumed, Ingraham decided to “run away.”

Ingraham hid on the mainland for several months, convinced that Dubie had the power to hunt him down.

“I was a basket case,” Ingraham said. “I was worried about my life because I knew he would stop at nothing to get me back if he wanted me back.”

Internal upheaval within the group and a police investigation of its activities as a theft ring eventually forced Dubie to flee to the Mainland this year. The police said that the group was responsible for a number of thefts on Kauai.

Dubie was charged with five theft counts and a warrant is out for his arrest, according to Deputy Kauai Prosecutor Ryan Jimenez.

But Dubie was released pending investigation of the theft ring charges and disappeared, authorities said.

“If you give people a cause and enough to believe in, they will do anything, he said. “They are told that it is in the name of God. I’m talking about everybody – from the George Dubie’s and the Jimmy Joneses all the way down to Billy Graham. It’s the same hustle. Even the guy on television every morning saying ‘you have to give us your money, God told me that.’ It’s the same game except that one is accepted and one is not.”

And if Ingraham learned anything from his experience, it is that “ultimately, religion is between you and God, he said.

Further investigations into Daniel Dubie’s life revealed that he was arrested in Washington State on kidnapping charges back in the 1980’s. This was a child custody case that went bad, so it wasn’t a random abduction of a young woman, but still, it is just another piece to the puzzle

But there is more.... :D

Was there a hint of sarcasm in the way Thaivisa sent this mail alert? That's how it appeared in my mailbox:

Thailand dating

http://dating.thaivisa.com

Canadian shot dead by girlfriend

Read more:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74720

Expat Insurance - Get your quote on-line:

http://insurance.thaivisa.com

Yes, by all means get insurance. But if you get Life Insurance, don't put your Thai girlfriend as the benificiary. It might get you killed sooner.

If that info is correct then I think this guy got exactly what he had coming to him.

Yeah. If this re-enactment thing was the real deal "and" if the wife, girlfriend, mother of either 5 or 6 children or whatever she was, was telling anything close to the truth we are rid of one evil sucker.

As they say if you leave this world a better place you have done you're bit. He's gone and it's gotta be a better place.

(he must have been a bit pissed though for her to have been able to take the gun off him and for her then to turn it on him and put his lights out)

She should be given a medal and not a prison sentence.

Re-enactment (she has apparently confessed):

pic_8.jpg

Source: Thairath

http://www.thairath.co.th/offline.php?sect...s&content=11484

I know that lady. She told me her name was Jeanna (sp) and was an independent film producer. My girlfriend and I helped her and her family during the floods here last year. She's raising 5-6 children here alone. She struck me as a very nice person, though a bit of a "new age" flake in a harmless and sweet sort of way. She seemed constantly stressed having to take care of her large family, alone, in a foreign environment. I'm going to go check on her kids. They are all very nice and show signs of a nurturing upbringing. Very sad news.

The accused goes by the name (yet another alias) Jeanna Hart.

She was the producer on the only film George Patrick Dubie ( aka Daniel Dubie ) ever actually made, Souls at Bay.

I have serious doubts as to whether even this film exists. The only result on Google is from the Parmarth site, and they have this to say:

"The film is narrated by world renowned actress Linda Gray , and features Ted Turner-head of CNN, who aired some of the footage, and such other supporters as Linda Evans, Lindsey Wagner and Jane Goodall. Latin Grammy Award Nominee Maria Del Rey wrote the heart touching song “World of Peace” for the film where she performs it for the very first time. Souls At Bay premiered in the Hawaii International Film Festival and has been shown on National Television in the United States, Asia TV and will soon be seen on National Geographic."

How could a film featuring those people, premiering at the Hawaii International Film Festival, and shown on national TV in the US and Asia not turn up one result on Google, or the IMDB (Internet Movie Datebase)? Ditto for Linda Gray. No matches for "Maria Del Rey" and "World of Peace". This has bogus written all over it. Has anyone here actually seen this movie?

Edited by qualtrough

In the Thai Rath version I skimmed today there was dialogue to go along with the fight over the gun. The guy supposedly pulled the gun and said he could kill her in Thailand and get away with it. The gal managed to get a hold of the revolver after a short scuffle and the guy said something along the lines of 'if you have it in you, go ahead and shoot....'

And we all know how western women ex-cult member film producers in Thailand are about face.

Som nam nar if that's really what he said.

:o

Well, if this turns out to be true, then I hope someone who DESERVES leniency from the Thai judicial system actually gets it.

And, oh yeah: I love how one of the biggest, fattest piece of scum walking the planet has a Thai girlfriend half his age. Gotta love it :o

Edited by kat