Australia's CH7 broadcast clip of assault suspects father attacking camera man at Samui court

webfact

Australia's channel 7 broadcast clip of assault suspects father attacking camera man at Samui provincial court.

Channel-7-attack.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- On Thursday the 24th of July the two suspects in the Jack Hansel-Bartel case arrived at the Samui Provincial Court. Raymond Chang and Ryan Wang were charged with assaulting Jack Hansel-Bartel in the Green Mango nightclub in Chaweng on the 9th of July.

Jack Hansel-Bartel, from South Australia, was enjoying an end of school celebration in Koh Samui when he was brutally attacked. The attack left him with severe facial injuries that required emergency plastic surgery and there will be more surgeries to come over the next 12 – 18 months.

The suspects, previously unknown to Jack, came to the court to sign in as part of their bail conditions, however on the way into the building one of the suspects fathers attacked the Chanel 7 camera man breaking his microphone, as can be seen on the Chanel 7 video news report. It is unknown weather channel 7 will be pressing charges against the man.

The Samui provincial court on Thursday confiscated the suspect’s passports after social media posts suggested the boys were taking part in non-essential travel, a contravention of their bail requirements.

VIDEO: http://www.samuitimes.com/australias-channel-7-broadcast-clip-assault-suspects-father-attacking-camera-man-samui-provincial-court/

xstimes.jpg.pagespeed.ic.EXTclkoej2.webp 
-- Samui Times 2014-07-30

and i bet not one of these tourists had and kind of Visa...Immigration if you are reading ..think long and hard about your new ^old^ rules clampdown on reporting and NON IMM policy changes  ...but pigs will fly first or is another u-turn on the way after yesterdays internet frenzy

and i bet not one of these tourists had and kind of Visa...Immigration if you are reading ..think long and hard about your new ^old^ rules clampdown on reporting and NON IMM policy changes  ...but pigs will fly first or is another u-turn on the way after yesterdays internet frenzy

Perhaps I missed it, but what difference would visas have made?

• Like 1

One thing I have noticed about many parts of Asia and Asian culture, call out a truth about someone, highlight their actions or hold somebody responsible for their actions, and there will likely be a violent explosion. :(

Almost like a spoiled 4 yr old child might do.

• Like 1

wang and chang, i nearly spat my coffee

Chinese/Americans probably 2nd generation as dad has a strong American accent.

and a cowboy hat too!

Why do rich people and their offspring like this think they can do what they like, assault people and then hold the law in contempt?

Hope the Thai courts make an example of these thugs and one's wealthy low behavior dad.

• Like 1

Well I hope we get posted on progress (and this doesn't just die a death like so many stories do in Thailand - never to be heard again) - be great if the guys responsible get taught a little lesson. Hope daddy Red neck (no racial pun intended) also learns a lessons that in the modern world you can't punch out a camera crew (even if they are from Ch7).

Well I hope we get posted on progress (and this doesn't just die a death like so many stories do in Thailand - never to be heard again) - be great if the guys responsible get taught a little lesson. Hope daddy Red neck (no racial pun intended) also learns a lessons that in the modern world you can't punch out a camera crew (even if they are from Ch7).

Watching the video on YouTube, it is quite clear that was the intention. I would not be surprised to read that a brave Scotsman was integral in ensuring that this did not happen.