Anger mounts as Gaza toll rises

webfact

Gaza conflict: US and UN condemn school shelling

WASHINGTON: -- The US and UN have condemned the shelling of a school housing displaced civilians in Gaza.

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said the attack, which killed 16, was "outrageous". Israel said that its military was responding to mortar rounds launched from near the school.

More than 100 people died in Gaza on Wednesday, Palestinian officials said.

The shelling of a market near Gaza City killed 17, while booby traps claimed the lives of three Israeli soldiers.

Palestinian doctors said an Israeli air strike had also killed seven people in Khan Younis.

The Gaza health ministry said 106 people had been killed on Wednesday, bringing the overall death toll to 1,336. Most have been civilians.

Some 58 Israelis have been killed, 56 soldiers and two civilians. A Thai worker in Israel has also died.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28573674

[bbc]2014-07-31[/bbc]

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Israel is showing it's true colors.
Imagine the outcry if an Israeli school was blown up! This is now pathetic!
UG, JT and co, bring on your excuses! ('Terror tunnels', 'Rockets' 'wipe off map' 'only democracy' 'anti-termite' etc etc etc...)

No excuses, I just leave you with one thought, if Israel wasn't humanitarian in it's operations,

there will be 10,000 dead and Gaza would be flat by now, much like the Russian did to Chechnya,

the Sri Lankan to the Tamil people, and Assad doing to his own people, do I need to go on?

• Like 1

These Israeli actions are a disgrace to the human race. And those that support these actions are also a disgrace. For such a "developed country" they sure do act like a pack of backward pack animals. All prayers to the deceased in these attacks and to the oppressed Palestinians.

So I take it you're not a big fan of Israel and it's legitimate cause to survive and live peacefully

in their own country huh? I don't see you criticizing the Isis army or Assad of Syria for mass

slaughtering of innocent people, why is that pray tell? bit of racism going on there huh?

guess who supplies the bombs to Israel? and guess who gives Israel all the support they need to be a brutal terrorist state? who is the ultimate terrorist in all this?

Guess who supply the rockets, munitions and armaments to the Hamas for money that should have

better spent improving Palestinians' lives,? I tell you, the arch enemy of the world, Iran, as well as

the Qataris who has more money than sense...

Hamas have offered an indefinite truce and recognition of Israel in its 1967 borders

You need to work on your reading skills if you are going to link to articles that directly contradict your dishonest talking points. This guy claimed to be willing to accept a Palestinian state that followed the 1967 borders. He did not agree to "recognize Israel" in return or even stop attacking them - other than temporarily.

"The Hamas leader in Gaza, Ismail Haniyeh, said on Saturday his government was willing to accept a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders."

Well, if the Palestinian state is within the 1967 borders, it ain't inside Israel's borders is it? Ergo, mutually recognized border. Get it?

• Like 1

People seem to forget the reason why Hamas starting firing rockets into Israel 

What a load of nonsense. Hamas has never stopped firing rockets into Israel.. 

I think you will find that your 2008 and 2012 rockets peaks coincided with previous Israeli invasions of Gaza..they are a response to Israeli aggression causing 1000s of Gazan casualties, again mainly innocent civilians.

If Hamas has never stopped firing rockets in retaliation, Israel has never stopped killing Palestinians.

Edited by Scott

Hamas have offered an indefinite truce and recognition of Israel in its 1967 borders

You need to work on your reading skills if you are going to link to articles that directly contradict your dishonest talking points. This guy claimed to be willing to accept a Palestinian state that followed the 1967 borders. He did not agree to "recognize Israel" in return or even stop attacking them - other than temporarily.

"The Hamas leader in Gaza, Ismail Haniyeh, said on Saturday his government was willing to accept a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders."

Well, if the Palestinian state is within the 1967 borders, it ain't inside Israel's borders is it? Ergo, mutually recognized border. Get it?

Not sure where you got this information from you'd be the only one in the world with this information even Haniyeh his self will be surprise to hear that.. do you have a link please...

Not sure where you got this information from you'd be the only one in the world with this information even Haniyeh his self will be surprise to hear that.. do you have a link please...

Haniyeh: Hamas willing to accept Palestinian state with 1967 borders

http://www.haaretz.com/news/haniyeh-hamas-willing-to-accept-palestinian-state-with-1967-borders-1.256915

Only in your imagination. rolleyes.gif All that would mean is more land for Hamas to continue to launch attacks on Israel - who he is not even pretending to recognize.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Israel is showing it's true colors.
Imagine the outcry if an Israeli school was blown up! This is now pathetic!
UG, JT and co, bring on your excuses! ('Terror tunnels', 'Rockets' 'wipe off map' 'only democracy' 'anti-termite' etc etc etc...)

No excuses, I just leave you with one thought, if Israel wasn't humanitarian in it's operations,

there will be 10,000 dead and Gaza would be flat by now, much like the Russian did to Chechnya,

the Sri Lankan to the Tamil people, and Assad doing to his own people, do I need to go on?

Gonna go that low huh?

The Russians, Sri Lankans, etc, dont claim to be "the most moral army in the world"

The Russians, Sri Lankans, etc, don't receive the most aid per capita than any other nation in the world from the most powerful country in the world

• Like 1

People seem to forget the reason why Hamas starting firing rockets into Israel (I'm not supporting Hamas but the innocents killed). Netanyahu used the kidnapping of three Jewish boys in Gaza to have a soft invasion to "look" for the boys which he claimed were kidnapped by Hamas. The poor boys were already dead which he knew as the murder was recorded via mobile phone. He then used a soft invasion to arrest hundreds of Palestinians, kill 11 Palestinians, and bulldoze the homes of those accused even though they hadn't been tried yet. Hamas, predictably started firing rockets after 2 years of relative peace which gave Bibi Netanyahu exactly what he wanted, and excuse for a full invasion to not wipe out Hamas. The Israeli government not only wants to rid Gaza of Hamas (which is a terrorist organization but duly elected as the government), but will do anything in it's power to either force the Palestinians out of the territories that have been pushed into or exterminate them. They make talk about a two state solution to keep the Americans happy but will never settle for a Palestinian state.

Spot on.

• Like 1

Hang on mo, what dose it mean Palestinians  state within 1967 borders?... shouldn't that read willing to accept an Israeli state within 1967 borders? Isn't the whole thing about pushing Israel back in to 1967 borders? That statement is not what you think.

• Like 1

LoL @ UG using images sourced directly from the IDF Spokeperson's twitter!

Why don't you show the number of deaths from these rocket attacks and then tell me if 5000 dead and injured innocent civilians (oh wait i forgot you ascribe to the OBL school of thought that there are no innocents) is a proportional response?

Here I'll post it for you;

2007 - 2807 rocket attacks, 2 killed.

2008 - 3716 rocket attacks, 8 killed.

2009 - 858 rocket attacks, 0 killed.

2010 - 365 rocket attacks, 1 killed.

Iron Dome is installed

2011 - 680 rocket attacks, 2 killed.

2012 - 2273 rocket attacks, 6 killed.

2013 - 44 rocket attacks (what?), 0 killed

2014 - 705 rocket attacks, 1 killed

• Like 1

People seem to forget the reason why Hamas starting firing rockets into Israel (I'm not supporting Hamas but the innocents killed). Netanyahu used the kidnapping of three Jewish boys in Gaza to have a soft invasion to "look" for the boys which he claimed were kidnapped by Hamas. The poor boys were already dead which he knew as the murder was recorded via mobile phone. He then used a soft invasion to arrest hundreds of Palestinians, kill 11 Palestinians, and bulldoze the homes of those accused even though they hadn't been tried yet. Hamas, predictably started firing rockets after 2 years of relative peace which gave Bibi Netanyahu exactly what he wanted, and excuse for a full invasion to not wipe out Hamas. The Israeli government not only wants to rid Gaza of Hamas (which is a terrorist organization but duly elected as the government), but will do anything in it's power to either force the Palestinians out of the territories that have been pushed into or exterminate them. They make talk about a two state solution to keep the Americans happy but will never settle for a Palestinian state.

Spot on.

), but will do anything in it's power to either force the Palestinians out of the territories that have been pushed into or exterminate them.

To exterminate them? that's a bit rich, where did you get that from? if Israel wanted to " exterminate" the Palestinians, believe me, they would be exterminated long, long time ago, yes, the 2 states solutions is only viable when one state doesn't what want to destroy the other and until such time where all precautions and safe guarding will in in place that this will not happened, the carnage will continue... 

• Like 1

Only in your imagination. rolleyes.gif All that would mean is more land for Hamas to continue to launch attacks on Israel - who he is not even pretending to recognize.

So let me get this straight:  you are saying that Hamas offers peace and recognition of Israel but hypothetically they don’t really mean it. Amazing illogic? I just hope there are wiser heads somewhere within Israeli politics than your response to a peace offer?  

Well, there’s only one way to find out....give peace a chance.

The present round of violence is certainly not going to achieve peace, rather a new generation of bitter freedom fighters.

• Like 1

LoL @ UG using images sourced directly from the IDF Spokeperson's twitter!

Why don't you show the number of deaths from these rocket attacks and then tell me if 5000 dead and injured innocent civilians (oh wait i forgot you ascribe to the OBL school of thought that there are no innocents) is a proportional response?

Here I'll post it for you;

2007 - 2807 rocket attacks, 2 killed.

2008 - 3716 rocket attacks, 8 killed.

2009 - 858 rocket attacks, 0 killed.

2010 - 365 rocket attacks, 1 killed.

Iron Dome is installed

2011 - 680 rocket attacks, 2 killed.

2012 - 2273 rocket attacks, 6 killed.

2013 - 44 rocket attacks (what?), 0 killed

2014 - 705 rocket attacks, 1 killed

So now you blame Israel for having more dead because the terrorist can shoot a rocket for shit?

the intention was there to kill, maim and destroy and wreak havoc, the execution was, luckily, crappy...

So let me get this straight:  you are saying that Hamas offers peace and recognition of Israel but hypothetically they don’t really mean it. A

You have done this many times before. Denying the obvious. Read your own link. They DID NOT offer to "recognize Israel". They offered a temporary truce and NOTHING MORE. 

• Like 1