Anger mounts as Gaza toll rises

webfact

ggold post # 57

well you could always go to Gaza and offer the Palestinians a helping Hand!xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p

Much the same as you could go to Israel and offer a helping hand taking those other ardent Zionist supporters with you.

what and leave you to post nonsense on TV without a reply!cheesy.gif 

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Israel is showing it's true colors.
Imagine the outcry if an Israeli school was blown up! This is now pathetic!
UG, JT and co, bring on your excuses! ('Terror tunnels', 'Rockets' 'wipe off map' 'only democracy' 'anti-termite' etc etc etc...)

Only thing Pathetic is the Terrorist launching attacks from a School in the first place......then hiding behind Women and Children when the attacks are answered.

As far as I know, there have only been 3 instances among the 80+ UN schools where the UNRWA workers have found some rockets that someone stashed there. One time the rockets disappeared, the other two the workers got UN weapons removal experts to take care of them.

Do you have a link that reports this "launching from the schools" as you say?

If my memory serves me correctly, in two of the articles detailing the school room rockets, they were reported as being turned over to the "local police".

If my memory will continue helping out...Gaza's "local police" are Hamas members.  

When did "local police" turn into UN weapons removal experts?

UG, JT and co, bring on your excuses! ('Terror tunnels', 'Rockets' 'wipe off map' 'only democracy' 'anti-termite' etc etc etc...)

Only thing Pathetic is the Terrorist launching attacks from a School in the first place......then hiding behind Women and Children when the attacks are answered.

As far as I know, there have only been 3 instances among the 80+ UN schools where the UNRWA workers have found some rockets that someone stashed there. One time the rockets disappeared, the other two the workers got UN weapons removal experts to take care of them.

I would like to see a link to your claim that "One time the rockets disappeared, the other two the workers got UN weapons removal experts to take care of them." Or are we making it up as we go along?

• Like 1

These Israeli actions are a disgrace to the human race. And those that support these actions are also a disgrace. For such a "developed country" they sure do act like a pack of backward pack animals. All prayers to the deceased in these attacks and to the oppressed Palestinians.

..better be a 'disgrace' than dead.
Indeed. It is also very revealing how sundry one issue activists are frothing at the mouth with carefully choreographed outrage yet were completely absent as 200,000 were killed in Syria, tens of thousands were murdered by jihadis in Nigeria, over a million in North Sudan and ISIS slaughters Christians in Iraq whilst carrying out compulsory FGM on the women there.

But no an apparent stray Israeli shell fired at terrorists using UN facilities as a human shield is far more important in the grand scheme of things.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 2

If my memory serves me correctly, in two of the articles detailing the school room rockets, they were reported as being turned over to the "local police".

If my memory will continue helping out...Gaza's "local police" are Hamas members.  

The day they were put on the payroll.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

http://www.smh.com.au/world/un-refugee-agency-says-more-rockets-found-at-one-of-its-gaza-schools-20140730-zyg2f.html

"Mr Gunness said the agency had called in a UN munitions expert to dispose of the rockets and make the school premises safe, but fighting in the area had so far prevented access to the site"

http://www.smh.com.au/world/un-refugee-agency-says-more-rockets-found-at-one-of-its-gaza-schools-20140730-zyg2f.html

"Mr Gunness said the agency had called in a UN munitions expert to dispose of the rockets and make the school premises safe, but fighting in the area had so far prevented access to the site"

so If Hamas haven't taken them back the rockets are still in the school. That doesn't mean they have been disposed of, which I think is what you are trying to claim? The first lot they asked hamas to take them away. They were also not disposed of by UN Munitions experts.

It simply means that Israelis don't go out of their way to make SURE that civilians are killed when Hamas rockets them, as Hamas ENSURES its civilians definitely ARE KILLED by Israeli strikes which will predictably & obviously target the Hamas launch sites.   ....which are always schools, mosques, hospitals, and densely populated areas.   Israel tries to leaflet/e-mail/phone these targets, and the civilians stick around anyway.   A very effective media-manipulation tactic by Hamas that appeals to mobs the world over. 

How anyone can come to any OTHER conclusion than that Hamas (and those civilians willingly supporting them) is/are completely responsible for these civilian deaths is insane.

OK, now the other guy is supposed to repeat the "that's just Netanyahu propaganda" talking point (accepted and parroted by terrorist sympathizers and Jew-haters the world over), and that's pretty much how the debate ends...   The rest is just repetition, occasionally accompanied by some lame attempt to win on word-count.

"The civilians stick around anyway"

Where are they supposed to go? The UN came out yesterday and said in no uncertain terms, THERE ARE NO SAFE PLACES IN GAZA.

Duh - where the Hamas rocket launchers AREN'T!!   (Now I'm not claiming that Hamas makes that easy, or even always an option at all, but you'd have to take that up with their trigger-pullers...)

Oh, the UN came out & said....   Well!        clap2.gif clap2.gifclap2.gif  

It simply means that Israelis don't go out of their way to make SURE that civilians are killed when Hamas rockets them, as Hamas ENSURES its civilians definitely ARE KILLED by Israeli strikes which will predictably & obviously target the Hamas launch sites.   ....which are always schools, mosques, hospitals, and densely populated areas.   Israel tries to leaflet/e-mail/phone these targets, and the civilians stick around anyway.   A very effective media-manipulation tactic by Hamas that appeals to mobs the world over. 

How anyone can come to any OTHER conclusion than that Hamas (and those civilians willingly supporting them) is/are completely responsible for these civilian deaths is insane.

OK, now the other guy is supposed to repeat the "that's just Netanyahu propaganda" talking point (accepted and parroted by terrorist sympathizers and Jew-haters the world over), and that's pretty much how the debate ends...   The rest is just repetition, occasionally accompanied by some lame attempt to win on word-count.

Where are they supposed to go? The UN came out yesterday and said in no uncertain terms, THERE ARE NO SAFE PLACES IN GAZA.

Duh - where the Hamas rocket launchers AREN'T!!   (Now I'm not claiming that Hamas makes that easy, or even always an option at all, but you'd have to take that up with their trigger-pullers...)

Last night 3,000 were sleeping in a refugee center, sent there under IDF instructions as a safe place. The IDF were given the coordinates 17 times, and they still shelled it anyway knowing full well that innocent civilians would be killed.

As Ban Ki Moon said "Nothing is more shameful than attacking sleeping children"

• Like 1

More US hand wringing. Neck wringing would prove much more effective. Ignore the Jewish vote, and the Jewish financiers, Mr Obama, and go on the foreign policy offensive.

Yes it's about time Obama earned his peace prize. It would be so easy at the next UN resolution for the US just to abstain and not to be the sole country in the world to use its veto in defense of Israel.

Might bring Israel to its senses.

Last night 3,000 were sleeping in a refugee center, sent there under IDF instructions as a safe place. The IDF were given the coordinates 17 times, and they still shelled it anyway knowing full well that innocent civilians would be killed.

As usual - half-truths & one-sidedness.  A center housing 3000, in which 8 were injured (no one killed).   Now think a minute. 3000 people concentrated in one single school.  If IDF were intending mass casualties in this school, do you really think the casualties there would have amounted to only 8 injured?  Do you?  Really?  A UNRWA spokesman, one Adnan Abu Hasna, was quoted as saying the school itself was not targeted, but rather "nearby the school".  Moreover, IDF has said its soldiers were retaliating for Hamas fire coming from the vicinity of the school, but admits, ADMITS, that it is investigating the possibility of "errant fire".  So there it is:  the good and the bad.  You just don't get this business about Hamas using schools, hospitals, etc., not only to store their weapons (and that includes Mr. Moon's UN schools, BTW...  What a partisan know-nothing THAT guy is...), but to act as human shields, do you?   You know by using these "sleeping children" in this way, and ignoring the role played by Hamas in placing them in this continuing jeopardy, you're using them just like Hamas is - cynically, and for their PR value.  Rhetorical pawns.  Pretty disgusting.

Edited by hawker9000
  • Like 1

The original claim you made was:

"One time the rockets disappeared, the other two the workers got UN weapons removal experts to take care of them."

Is the SMH article you have now provided discussing the missing rockets or those supposedly taken care of by the UN weapons removal experts?

Whichever site you were talking about, your original post was incorrect.

The simple fact remains that Hamas has used, and very likely continues using, schools and non-combatant locations as storage facilities for their weapons caches.

• Like 1

As usual - half-truths & one-sidedness.  A center housing 3000, in which 8 were injured (no one killed).   Now think a minute. 3000 people concentrated in one single school.  If IDF were intending mass casualties in this school, do you really think the casualties there would have amounted to only 8 injured?  Do you?  Really?  A UNRWA spokesman, one Adnan Abu Hasna, was quoted as saying the school itself was not targeted, but rather "nearby the school".  Moreover, IDF has said its soldiers were retaliating for Hamas fire coming from the vicinity of the school, but admits, ADMITS, that it is investigating the possibility of "errant fire".  So there it is:  the good and the bad.  You just don't get this business about Hamas using schools, hospitals, etc., not only to store their weapons (and that includes Mr. Moon's UN schools, BTW...  What a partisan know-nothing THAT guy is...), but to act as human shields, do you?   You know by using these "sleeping children" in this way, and ignoring the role played by Hamas in placing them in this continuing jeopardy, you're using them just like Hamas is - cynically, and for their PR value.  Rhetorical pawns.  Pretty disgusting.

8 injured? Hogwash.

Guardian says 15 killed, 90 injured

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/30/gaza-another-un-school-hit-in-further-night-of-fierce-bombardment

BBC: 15 dead, "dozens" injured

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28558433

Telegraph: 19 dead

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/11000191/Gaza-conflict-Israel-announces-ceasefire-after-shelling-UN-school-in-pictures.html

So come on, lets see your link to "8 injured"

"One time the rockets disappeared, the other two the workers got UN weapons removal experts to take care of them."

Is the SMH article you have now provided discussing the missing rockets or those supposedly taken care of by the UN weapons removal experts?

The simple fact remains that Hamas has used, and very likely continues using, schools and non-combatant locations as storage facilities for their weapons caches.

I don't dispute that Hamas stored rockets in 3 schools - its a fact, the UNRWA found them there.

I dispute that they have FIRED THEM FROM SCHOOLS THAT ARE BEING USED BY THE UN.

Do you honestly believe it is reasonable to shoot tank shells at a UN school housing people who have fled the fighting, simply because the workers at 3 OTHER schools have found rockets? Should they not report the findings at all?

For many years I have felt there are two sides to this story and the Israeli's are not that innocent, but while America has a large Jewish population that can swing any election America has always taken the Israeli side and vetoed any form of UN sanctions to force Israeli to negotiate with the Palestinians, instead it seems the Israeli's have an agenda to eradicate the Palestinians, is this not dissimilar to what happened in Warsaw in 1940? to which every decent person condemns to this day. 

Here is your "large Jewish population that can swing any election" in the US:  2,11 % 

​I find the attempt to compare the Warsaw Ghetto (built with the only intend to systematically murder all jewish people within that ghetto) with a regrettable war situation appalling.

• Like 1

More US hand wringing. Neck wringing would prove much more effective. Ignore the Jewish vote, and the Jewish financiers, Mr Obama, and go on the foreign policy offensive.

Yes it's about time Obama earned his peace prize. It would be so easy at the next UN resolution for the US just to abstain and not to be the sole country in the world to use its veto in defense of Israel.

Might bring Israel to its senses.

Yes, that would be fantastic and the world would have reason to celebrate.  But AIPAC's tentacles are too far reaching.

I don't dispute that Hamas stored rockets in 3 schools - its a fact, the UNRWA found them there.

I dispute that they have FIRED THEM FROM SCHOOLS THAT ARE BEING USED BY THE UN.

Do you honestly believe it is reasonable to shoot tank shells at a UN school housing people who have fled the fighting, simply because the workers at 3 OTHER schools have found rockets? Should they not report the findings at all?

Nice try, but I won't fall for the old..."answer a question with a question" trick.

Even using all caps won't do it.

You were wrong when you said two of the UN school caches had been taken care of by UN weapons experts.

8 injured? Hogwash.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/30/gaza-another-un-school-hit-in-further-night-of-fierce-bombardment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/11000191/Gaza-conflict-Israel-announces-ceasefire-after-shelling-UN-school-in-pictures.html

Well, here's my link: http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/gaza-live-un-official-cries-on-camera-as-he-talks-about-palestinian-children_951436.html

The information in your links may be more current than mine, not sure - 'does sound like it might be, though it wouldn't be the first time Hamas & the Palestinians have exaggerated their claims.  'Doesn't change the circumstances of the shelling though. Hamas is killing these people with its human shield tactics, and you're just aiding & abetting this practice, dumbly sucking up their media manipulation and dutifully repeating the half-truths.   If there actually are 15 dead and dozens injured instead of 8 injured, it's Hamas with all that blood on its hands, and to a large extent Iran for supplying them with their weapons and making their attacks on Israel possible in the first place, to which Israel has now finally & predictably (& lethally, unhappily) responded.  The people of Gaza are not without some of the blame themselves, for electing and supporting Hamas, an organization dedicated to the destruction of Israel, and perhaps even in the deliberate siting of Hamas launchers & other weapons among them.

You keep repeating the big lie that Israel is deliberately killing these Palestinian civilians, when you know better.  The UN also knows better.  Even Obama & Kerry know better.  Most surprising of all is this apparent perception that Israelis, who DEFINITELY know better (!) are going to roll over & pretend that they don't... 

Edited by hawker9000

Well, here's my link: http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/gaza-live-un-official-cries-on-camera-as-he-talks-about-palestinian-children_951436.html

The information in your links may be more current than mine, not sure - 'does sound like it might be, though it wouldn't be the first time Hamas & the Palestinians have exaggerated their claims.  'Doesn't change the circumstances of the shelling though. Hamas is killing these people with its human shield tactics, and you're just aiding & abetting this practice, dumbly sucking up their media manipulation and dutifully repeating the half-truths.   If there actually are 15 dead and dozens injured instead of 8 injured, it's Hamas with all that blood on its hands, and to a large extent Iran for supplying them with their weapons and making their attacks on Israel possible in the first place, to which Israel has now finally & predictably (& lethally, unhappily) responded.  The people of Gaza are not without some of the blame themselves, for electing and supporting Hamas, an organization dedicated to the destruction of Israel, and perhaps even in the deliberate siting of Hamas launchers & other weapons among them.

You keep repeating the big lie that Israel is deliberately killing these Palestinian civilians, when you know better.  The UN also knows better.  Even Obama & Kerry know better.  Most surprising of all is this apparent perception that Israelis, who DEFINITELY know better (!) are going to roll over & pretend that they don't... 

I clicked on your link. This is what I found

"In a strong condemnation of the Israeli shelling on a UN school in Gaza that killed 16 civilians, UN chief Ban Ki-moon said that it was an outrageous and unjustifiable act as 'nothing is more shameful than attacking sleeping children”, adding that UN shelters should be safe zones, not combat zones."

So where did the "8 injured" come from?

Now you are probably going to just ignore that question because I suspect even you don't know, so I will ask you to explain how the people in the school are being used as human shields? Are the UN using them as human shields to protect their school? Remember the three times they found rockets before were at abandoned schools, NOT the school that was hit by tank shells.

So lets hear it. The people who followed Israel's command to evacuate to UN schools, who were then subsequently bombed by Israel in the schools, how are they human shields?

• Like 1

ISRAEL IS TRYING TO COLONISE THE REST OF PALESTINE,  BEFORE WW2 IT WAS A CALM NATION,  IT WAS ISRAEL THAT , WITH THE HELP OF ENGLAND  AND THE USA THAT PUSHED INTO AND FORCIBLY TOOK PROPERTY,  AND TODAY THEY ARE TRYING TO PUSH OUT THE  PALESTINE PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR OWN COUNTRY!  

good god man, save your caps lock to make CERTAIN PARTS of what you are trying to say stand out...not the whole damn thing!

you dont just enter a conversation and start yelling do you?

8 injured? Hogwash.

More rabid Israeli propaganda.

Israel has never given a sh*t about taking land, destroying houses and other buildings, and deliberately targeting civilians with bombs. The Bangkok Post is reporting that they bombed a market today, killing a number of shoppers and when the rescuers went to retrieve the dead & wounded, another bomb was dropped on them.

But everything is 'Hamas' fault'. Not even a whisper of sympathy for the civilians killed apparently because they were 'wrong' in voting for Hamas (& no doubt for having the misfortune to live in a prisoner-of-war style enclave.

Just to repeat - all evidence is that Israeli is targeting civilians as a Nazi-style collective punishment for being a lesser type of human to the 'chosen ones'.