Anger mounts as Gaza toll rises

webfact

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not brothers but the same person. Another who thinks that Israel can do no wrong but blame anyone who has the gall to criticise the deliberate killing of civilians even if they blame both sides.

Wrong. Suggesting modern Israel is equivalent to Nazi Germany is anti-semitic by definition. Also demonizing Jews by distorting the meaning of the "Chosen People" thing is also CLASSIC anti-semitism. Why not make your points without resorting to that kind of racism? 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

The Palestinians have no one to blame but themselves for allowing Hamas to control their government and country. Giving credibility to Hamas is like putting a fox in a hen house and then complaining about the carnage done to the chickens.  Far too many bleeding liberals and armchair warriors voicing opinions without experience ,facts and understanding.

Just to repeat - all evidence is that Israeli is targeting civilians as a Nazi-style collective punishment for being a lesser type of human to the 'chosen ones'. Every time someone indulges in this inflammatory attack that modern Israel is equivalent to Nazi Germany, they are indeed expressing hate speech. Fine ... criticize Israeli policies ... many are worthy of criticism, many Jews and Israelis find plenty to criticize in Israeli policies. But this Nazi labeling game you play, again, it is without any doubt hate speech. Not to mention the way Jew haters now and throughout history totally distort the "chosen people" thing. I realize with all the bad PR Israel is getting now which in my opinion was a big part of the Hamas tactics (as they know they can't win anything with their military), the haters all over the world, and here on this forum, now feel more justified to spew their hate speech which was obviously already there. They feel their poison will be more tolerated now and find more support. But if so, is it not fair for this hate speech to be called out for what it obviously is?

Just because someone 'hates' someone else's opinion or perspective, doesn't necessarily make it hate speech.

It's actually called "free speech".   thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Wrong. Suggesting modern Israel is equivalent to Nazi Germany is anti-semitic by definition. Also demonizing Jews by distorting the meaning of the "Chosen People" thing is also CLASSIC anti-semitism. Why not make your points without resorting to that kind of racism? 

1.  By whose definition?

2. Who has made any reference to the term "chosen people" on this thread?  Except you, of course.

3. How can there be racism when no one is discussing a particular race?

Edited by up-country_sinclair

Just to repeat - all evidence is that Israeli is targeting civilians as a Nazi-style collective punishment for being a lesser type of human to the 'chosen ones'.

That is not evidence. Every time someone indulges in this inflammatory attack that modern Israel is equivalent to Nazi Germany, they are indeed expressing hate speech. Fine ... criticize Israeli policies ... many are worthy of criticism, many Jews and Israelis find plenty to criticize in Israeli policies. But this Nazi labeling game you play, again, it is without any doubt hate speech. Not to mention the way Jew haters now and throughout history totally distort the "chosen people" thing. I realize with all the bad PR Israel is getting now which in my opinion was a big part of the Hamas tactics (as they know they can't win anything with their military), the haters all over the world, and here on this forum, now feel more justified to spew their hate speech which was obviously already there. They feel their poison will be more tolerated now and find more support. But if so, is it not fair for this hate speech to be called out for what it obviously is?

First - don't snip my post to use an out of context sentence - or don't you need to follow TV rules?

The poison is plain from some of the Israeli defenders on the Gaza threads, particularly one who you constantly support. You once posted a reply to me saying that both sides are at fault, which I agreed with.

Now you seem to be carried away with the propaganda & anti-human opinions of the Israeli atrocity defenders.

Ther is plenty of evidence to demonstrate how the treatment of Palestinians is on a much lower plane to average Israeli civilians. Detention without trial, the 'lucky ones' facing military (kangaroo) court trials, shooting stone throwers, destroying family houses of accused 'terrorists', and the list goes on. Apartheid over again.

While you and your ilk use the worst kind of derogatory crap to lie in describing the Palestinian plight, I will continue to throw like-for-like back at you.

The Palestinians have no one to blame but themselves for allowing Hamas to control their government and country. Giving credibility to Hamas is like putting a fox in a hen house and then complaining about the carnage done to the chickens.  Far too many bleeding liberals and armchair warriors voicing opinions without experience ,facts and understanding.

Go spend a few days living in Gaza then tell me how you feel.

You may be very intelligent for all I know, but on this, you have no idea.

1.  By whose definition?

2. Who has made any reference to the term "chosen people" on this thread?  Except you, of course.

Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.

2. The poster I was referring to. Read it again.

3. Antisemitism is a form of racism. 

• Like 2

You know damn well that there are plenty of right-wing 'Christian' supporters of Israel and also thinking Jews who are appaled at Israel's conduct.

And you know damn well know that there are tons more that support Israel's right to exist and right to self defense and are appalled at Hamas rockets and other terrorist attacks on civilians.

• Like 1

First - don't snip my post to use an out of context sentence - or don't you need to follow TV rules?

Snippets are allowed and even encouraged for brevity and when you only want to respond to a part of a longer post.

It's OK. Not everyone knows this. Now you do too.

If you have any questions about this long standing policy, please contact the management. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Another lie that always comes out when Israel - not Jews - is criticised.

To repeat - it is Israel that deserves to be demonised and in particular its fascist leadership who target the lesser-human Palestinians - that's where the comparison with the Nazis and their propaganda is pointed and deservedly so.

You know damn well that there are plenty of right-wing 'Christian' supporters of Israel and also thinking Jews who are appaled at Israel's conduct. They even get labelled as anti-semitic by the AIPAC & equivalent lobbies.

There's no point in having a reasonable discussion when all you get is anti semite thrown back.

You have been labelled, just like Palestine has.

I feel blessed knowing my child will be safe tonight.

• Like 2

I rather spend my time in the democratic country next door that did not elect a violent terrorist group to govern and represent them politically.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

If it smells like a pig and grunts like a pig it likely is a pig.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 1

White male would be dead minutes after setting foot in Gaza......what a ridiculous statement.

• Like 2

You know damn well that there are plenty of right-wing 'Christian' supporters of Israel and also thinking Jews who are appaled at Israel's conduct.

And you know damn well know that there are tons more that support Israel's right to exist and right to self defense and are appalled at Hamas rockets and other terrorist attacks on civilians.

I see you too have adopted the dishonest posting of clipping others' posts to suit your reply to out-of-context sentences. Are you not willing or able to follow TV rules?

Yes, I know many agree with Israel's right to exist (including me) but many don't tell lies about 'defence' and continue to post the propaganda that tries to portray Palestinians as some kind of sub-species that has less right to exist (which is about all they do in Gaza) than the 'superior' Israelis.

That is just racist and you seem to be a blinkered supporter.

1.  By whose definition?

Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.

2. The poster I was referring to. Read it again.

3. Antisemitism is a form of racism. 

1.  So according to the European Forum on Antisemitism, drawing this comparison is antisemitic.     coffee1.gif

2.  Yes, I missed that. 

3.  No, it isn't.   Jews are not a race, they are followers of a religion.   Even though the European Forum on Antisemitism surely disagree.  whistling.gif

By the way, I'd never heard of the European Forum on Antisemitism before.  So I looked at their "about us" page on the link you provided:

"The European Forum on Antisemitism is a resource for Jewish community representatives"

"The European Forum on Antisemitism (EFA) was founded in Berlin on March 13th, 2008, at a conference of more than 50 Jewish leaders"

coffee1.gif

I see you too have adopted the dishonest posting of clipping others' posts to suit your reply to out-of-context sentences. Are you not willing or able to follow TV rules?

I AM following the rules and I have not changed your meaning in any way. Don't post foolish statements, if you do not want to be called out on them. YOU are the one who does not seem to know what the rules are. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif Edited by Ulysses G.

There is no need to resort to antisemitic speech in order to express any critical opinions about Israeli government policy. If you don't want the "label" how about backing off from the hate speech? 

No one has resorted to antisemitic speech - your second attempt to issue this lie. Anti-Israeli - yes.

There has been nothing else but  hate posts from you and some of your rabid 'liking' friends which has needed a response in the same tone that you & they adopt.

Som nam na

• Like 2

I rather spend my time in the democratic country next door that did not elect a violent terrorist group to govern and represent them politically.

I agree 100% with what you're saying and appreciate the way you think.

But, sadly the children that don't know any better, get caught up in these politically based heinous war games, have no say.

It's not like we can just pack up and change sides is it? It's not that easy to just move to another country especially when you feel so de humanized through mental abuse like the Palestinian population. Children deserve adults to protect them, not destroy them.

Crime against humanity of this magnitude in this day and age really is despicable. Will us humans never learn?

How the Israeli government sleep at night I could never fathom it's repulsive behaviour by adults that should know better.

Imagine the possibilities if they all said enough is enough. Shook hand, became friends and tried to work together.

It will never happen in my lifetime, and if this opinion makes me an anti-semite, than so be it.

• Like 2

There is no need to resort to antisemitic speech in order to express any critical opinions about Israeli government policy. If you don't want the "label" how about backing off from the hate speech?

No one has resorted to antisemitic speech - your second attempt to issue this lie. Anti-Israeli - yes.

Wrong again. There have been numerous posts that were anti-Semitic. Most of them were reported and deleted.

Imagine the possibilities if they all said enough is enough. Shook hand, became friends and tried to work together.

Indeed. Israel has done so with Egypt and Jordan. They have tried to make peace with the Palestinians repeatedly for something like 100 years and have always been rebuffed.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Wrong again. There have been numerous posts that were anti-Semitic. Most of them were reported and deleted.

A request to the mods:  Could you confirm that any posts on this thread were deleted for being antisemitic before 18:57 on 31 July?  Thanks.

White male would be dead minutes after setting foot in Gaza......what a ridiculous statement.

Let me re write it for your good self since it seems to have gone over your head like an Israeli rocket.

How would you feel if you, your wife and your children were Palestinian being bombed every night?

How much would you take before enough was enough?

guess who supplies the bombs to Israel? and guess who gives Israel all the support they need to be a brutal terrorist state? who is the ultimate terrorist in all this?

Here' a Quarter......call someone who cares Edited by Thaiready

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

The above is for Jingthing & Ulysses who don't seem to understand it but typically accuse others of the same.

The last sentence applies