No need to worry says Bangkok Immigration Commander

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to add, thank you Deputy Commander for clarifying this!

Same here and I hope we can quote him on that when we get stopped biggrin.png

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Carry a copy with your other copy. laugh.png

• Like 2

Yesterday people were posting it was a reasonable request,

and it's always been the law,

so if you don't like it leave.

Now Deputy Commander Voravat,

​is fortunately confirming what we were being slammed about discussing just yesterday.

“Making all foreigners in Thailand carry their original passports with them would be very difficult.”

I'm so glad to see Deputy Commander Voravat has more common judgement that most of the people posting their attacks

against the people who could properly evaluate just how difficult it would have been,

and try to discuss it on TV.

Respects for Deputy Commander Voravat.

One more thing. Colonel Voravat made it a point to say that although the foreigner does not have to carry the passport at all times, they should be able to have someone bring it to them if necessary. He also stated that in most cases, foreigners are not going to be asked for their passports. If there is a problem, if someone gets into an accident, a fight, whatever, then the foreigner can be asked for their passport.

Edited by ScottMallon

I am glad they are starting to communicate. Maybe some way of letting them know that although we appreciate the job they have there is really a need for certainty and consistency in how each office acts. I for one can acccept rules but woulld be much happier and less stressed if it comes to renewal time that if I bring the basic documents that are required by one office I could know that unless there is a problem that is enough. It should not be that Bangkok accepts a certain set and ChiangMai another and Phucket needs something entirely different. It would be nice to know to that all offices will accept mailed 90 day reports, after all that is what the act says.

A good start. We did not need 3 different stories in three days,

While it is good to hear from a senior official, I don't see how it is going to change things much: if a police officer suspects you are on overstay they want to see your passport. If you do not have it with you then you are still going to be held or 'fined'...

• Like 2