Woman mauled by four 'hungry' pitbull dogs in Prachuap Khirikhan

webfact

A dog in our soi, owned by a policeman, was harassing many people in our neighborhood and moist people were trying to avoid that soi as much as they could.

One day, while doing my walking excersize the dog jumped over the fence and bit me in my leg.

No big damage

But I went to Bangkok Hospital, let the doctor give me a Tetanus shot and take care of the wound.
After that, I went with the bill and the Doctor's attest to the local police and made a complaint.

The next day, I got an envelope with money at the full refund and the dog was taken away.
Never seen the dog back  

Finnaly a good report, sorry you had to get bitten by the dog to get a better end for the neighborhood........without taking matters in your hands, as I would have been inclined to do.  Good for you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel sorry for the woman and the dogs should be put down immediately. The media however loves bandying the word "pitbull" around when talking about any amstaff. bullmastiff, staffordshire terrier, bully X or any number of dogs that aren't pedigree American Pit Bull Terriers. Pit bulls are no dangerous than most other dogs of that size and stature and will only be violent to humans if trained to be. I have owned and bred A.B.P.T's for years and have never had a problem. Having said that though all my dogs are properly fenced in a totally enclosed area and generally tethered as well. It is the irresponsible owner who is at fault and anyone that would keep 4 pit bulls together in the same yard untethered deserves to be locked up.... oh but that won't happen because he's a cop and the poor lady that got mauled will never get a cracker I imagine. TIT

Dogs are like people and "pit bulls" and all dogs of the genus have something in common. They're bred for a purpose.

I had a type which I inherited. Bred from a cross Aussie staffordshire terrier and a ridgeback. A popular offshoot.

The terrier for its tenacity and the ridgeback for its fearlessness.

It was a beautiful dog to people. I could never have harmed anybody. It had no instinct for that anywhere in it.

Other dogs were another thing.

It loved fighting. Not to kill or maim or seriously injure. It seemed to love a dust up.

I even saw it start a large dog fight in a park and then excuse itself to watch from the sidelines. Perverse.

It never attacked little dogs. Only dogs bigger than itself. It was absolutely deadly.

We called it the guided muscle.

We learnt to keep it leashed at all times unless we were totally sure there were no potential targets around.

The problem is, not that people do not know how to train them, but they are what they are. Deadly. That's why we keep guns at home locked up.