Succesful Non-B Multiple Entry Visa - Manila (poorly informed on TV)

Okay, for starters i was poorly informed by Thai visa that i had to restart my whole process again:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/740576-get-non-immigrant-b-again/

1. I had a tourist visa.

2. I have a work permit valid till the 12th of August.
3. People indicated that this would mean i would need to do the whole process again as a tourist visa is not applicable with a work permit.

I did my homework thoroughly - i was in constant contact with the embassy for weeks. Be thorough!!

And brought:

Work Permit (which was returned to me)
Contract
Invitation Letter
Work permit & Passport of my boss
Company business documents, company tax documents and my own tax documents.

I showed up, no people - bright and early handed all my documents, was in and out in 20 minutes.

You have to wait 3 days for processing, but i went and picked up today. No hard questions. Nothing - a breeze. Multiple Entry Non-B.

(y) Winner.

I understand, this forum is not for lawyers and given as assistance which i appreciate.

The story to all westerners: be thorough, contact the embassy relentlessly dot your i's and cross your t's and dont panic.

It will be fine.

There is a lot of fluff in TV; jaded, disgruntled old male farangs who have been living on the cheap and dodgy road while in the LOS.

Then there are those who have played by the rules and accept LOS for what it is, not what it "should" be or what we would like it to be, and we adapt.

Then there are those on TV who are still not aware where they are, and why and what they are doing here...

• Like 2

There is a lot of fluff in TV; jaded, disgruntled old male farangs who have been living on the cheap and dodgy road while in the LOS.

Then there are those who have played by the rules and accept LOS for what it is, not what it "should" be or what we would like it to be, and we adapt.

Then there are those on TV who are still not aware where they are, and why and what they are doing here...

Hey Max ... I read the OP.

I read your post.

What is the connection?

Yours is just a jaded and bitter comment about people who you claim are jaded and bitter.

The irony ... rolleyes.gif

A complementary copy of 'How to win Friends and Influence People' is on it's way to you.

• Like 2

As in business, do your homework, get the "Facts", talk to the "Right" people.

What ever you hear check it and check it agian.

Proper preperation and Knowing the rules, works all the time.

Over 40 years in The Kingdom and never, not one problem with my paper work.

Easy to be legal, just follow the rules, have your ducks in a row.

The Thai's never give you a problem when things are done correctly and neatly.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to know just how many Thai Visa members are resident, working or retierd IN The Kingdom of Thailand.

Could be a credibility check tool.

Agreed - I sometimes get the feeling have these people don't even live here.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

He got it on a non-B, but left the country and came back with a tourist visa or visa exempt.

That the visa/permission to stay is no longer valid does not invalidate the WP itself. You only cannot work, as for that you need the correct visa. But the WP remains valid for the case you get a new visa.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I read your post.

What is the connection?

Yours is just a jaded and bitter comment about people who you claim are jaded and bitter.

The irony ... alt=rolleyes.gif>

A complementary copy of 'How to win Friends and Influence People' is on it's way to you.

David 48...Please note the middle comment in my post:

"Then there are those who have played by the rules and accept LOS for what it is, not what it "should" be or what we would like it to be, and we adapt"...this statement characterizes my approach to living in the LOS. It's hardly a "jaded and bitter comment" as you assert.

The connection of my post to the OP's ??? The OP stated he obtained bad info from TV regarding obtaining his visa. My comment merely gives an overview of the types of people I see posting on TV.

I suggest you save the paper and do not send me a copy "How to win friends and influence people", and instead use your resources so you can attend a class on how to accurately and thoroughly read and comprehend...cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I read your post.

What is the connection?

A complementary copy of 'How to win Friends and Influence People' is on it's way to you..

Max

Max

Max

Some people can not be helped, it appears that you are amongst that allotment.

You assert that ... There is a lot of fluff in TV; jaded, disgruntled old male farangs who have been living on the cheap and dodgy road while in the LOS.

and

... I'm sure that the majority of the members here appreciate how you see them.

But save the elitist, those who know best, just for yourself ... Then there are those who have played by the rules and accept LOS for what it is, not what it "should" be or what we would like it to be, and we adapt.

Nice try and sugar-coating what you wrote ... close but no cigar.gif

• Like 1

I read your post.

What is the connection?

A complementary copy of 'How to win Friends and Influence People' is on it's way to you..

Max

Max

Max

Some people can not be helped, it appears that you are amongst that allotment.

You assert that ... There is a lot of fluff in TV; jaded, disgruntled old male farangs who have been living on the cheap and dodgy road while in the LOS.

and

... I'm sure that the majority of the members here appreciate how you see them.

But save the elitist, those who know best, just for yourself ... Then there are those who have played by the rules and accept LOS for what it is, not what it "should" be or what we would like it to be, and we adapt.

Nice try and sugar-coating what you wrote ... close but no cigar.gif

Max sounds like a "Jaded, disgruntled old farang" period......facepalm.gif ..........coffee1.gif

• 5 months later...

Any updates on getting a Non-B in Manila? The embassy website has almost no useful information and does not detail the documentary requirements. According to Jinky11's post, they're asking for a prior work permit, which makes it like KL, except Manila also needs a contract. I need to know if the work permit requirement is correct, or they are willing to waive it for IEAT/BOI companies, as KL did before the more recent tightening of the rules. If they require a prior work permit, I will send my worker to Singapore. Just got two non-B's in S'pore, but it's not the most friendly environment, as the clerks tend to ask lots of questions.

At the nearby embassies and consulates you need a letter of approval for a work permit application or a work permit to get a single entry non-o visa.

I was asking about a non-B. Singapore does not require a letter of approval or WP-3 form. KL does not require a letter of approval or WP-3 form, if you have a copy of the ID page of a prior work permit. I deal with a lot of foreign workers. I get 2-3 Non-B's per month. Just trying to find out the non-B requirements for Manila, but will call when they open tomorrow.

At the nearby embassies and consulates you need a letter of approval for a work permit application or a work permit to get a single entry non-o visa.

I was asking about a non-B. Singapore does not require a letter of approval or WP-3 form. KL does not require a letter of approval or WP-3 form, if you have a copy of the ID page of a prior work permit. I deal with a lot of foreign workers. I get 2-3 Non-B's per month. Just trying to find out the non-B requirements for Manila, but will call when they open tomorrow.

Typo on of the O instead of B fixed.

They will not accept a WP3 alone now only a work permit approval letter at Penang, KL, Vientiane, Savannakhet and PP.

I don't understand why they cannot get a work permit application done if they plan on working here.

Typo on of the O instead of B fixed.

They will not accept a WP3 alone now only a work permit approval letter at Penang, KL, Vientiane, Savannakhet and PP.

I don't understand why they cannot get a work permit application done if they plan on working here.

My info on KL is up to date as of Dec 1. My info on Singapore is up to date as of Jan 20. If you have a more recent update from KL let me know.

The letter of approval is a time-waster. It adds at least 2-3 weeks to getting the worker into Thailand. Also, some of the documentary requirements can add additional time, for instance, if you need certified translations of reference letters or the applicant needs time to obtain their educational certificates. In fact, these problems can add up to 2 months to the process (I recently had this kind of delay for an applicant in Helsinki, Finland).

Here are the documentary requirements received from the Thai Royal Embassy in Manila:

NON IMMIGRANT (Business) “B” VISA – working/employment
1. Letter of request from the employer
2. Signatory of the letter of request
If: Thai national – Copy of Thai government ID
If: Foreigner – Copy of passport and Thai visa page, copy of work permit with validity
3. Business Registration of the company in Thailand
4. Employment Contract
5. Recent Tax Declaration of the company (por thor 50)
6. WP3/ Labor Certification (0307) or Copy of work permit
7. Valid passport/ travel document (at least 6 months)
8. 2 passport or 2 x 2 size photos
9. Accomplished application form
10. Airline ticket reservation
Visa Fee: PHP2900 Single Entry, PHP 7100 Multiple Entry
Processing time: 2 working days (on case by case basis, based on Thailand Policy of visa and immigration)
Submission of application: 9:30- 12 noon only, M-F
For visa application forms visit www.thaiembassymnl.ph and click consular services.
Mr. Brice Nicholas Reyes Arante
Assistant Consular Officer
The Royal Thai Embassy - Manila
107 Thailand (Rada) St., Legaspi Village, Makati City
Telephone No.: 810-3833 loc. 102-103
Fax No.: 817-4262
Therefore, the requirements are similar to KL but also require proof of flight and copy of employment contract.