NCPO now involved in the attack on an Australian man in Samui

Lite Beer

Charged with what exactly? Are these two going to claim self defence, two against one? Excessive force by two on one so they have a huge hurdle to jump. Dealt with this type of thing hundreds of times.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure these guys caused some havok before they messed with the wrong guy. Pretty obvious they are here for some "fun" and it seems they haven't learned their lessons.

I do hope the camera man sues them.

"due to the submission of fraudulent evidence and possible corruption from the assailants legal representatives."

Pastry boxes anyone? Once again there seems possible corruption from lawyers. If proved, will they be disbarred?

Wonder if Mr. Chang thought that. as in lots of Asian countries, things could be "smoothed" over easily with the right facilitation? Looks like not this time.

Hope the Aussie cameraman sues as well.

That should hopefully stop Raymond Chang from using his money to get his son off the hook

Maybe. Three words for you, though: Lisa Marie Smith.

Lisa Marie Smith????????????????????? Who did she kick the life out of and who was she???????????????????? What happened to this evil bitch??????

It's very good news to see that some real justice will be achieved if corrupt officials are given the big stick !

Good news for Thai tourism too.

Thailand was once known as the Land of Smiles.

It can regain its reputation for the best Holiday destination in Asia if foreigners feel secure and safe again.

Thailand and its real people are very beautiful good hearted people.

Stamp out corruption and injustice and people will come back again to the Lost Land of Smiles.

• Like 1

Something that the Thai Hi-So have to understand it seems......while money can buy favourable assistance from the authorities, namely cops, influentials, etc.......the new boys in town ain't gonna take it...........

K. Chang can go <deleted> himself!!

I will believe all this if the people responsible actually spend time in jail, not just getting named in another press release.

The fact that they are out on bail is something that we have seen too many times before

• Like 2

Well done NCPO.

The Changs/Wangs are taking the well-trodden route of rich a##holes - hire shady lawyers to bogus-sue the victims, hoping to prolong the process so that the victims will run out of money on court fees.

The NCPO should cut the red tape and finalise the proceedings in 1 week, and throw the book at the crooked lawyers too.

And hit the despicable father hard - with US-levels of compensation.

Actually, the Victim should be issuing Civil proceedings for compensation and Punitive Damages against the perpetrators and the Night Club where this took place.

One of the huge problems with Night Clubs in all major tourist resorts in Developing poor countries is the very low level of security and alcohol/drug control in nightclubs. In several clubs, drugs are sold over the Counter like soft drink and there is no security safety.

Many bouncers are also untrained and very violent .

The Clubs also seem very friendly with local tourist police who often do not charge violent Bouncers at all and do not properly investigate crimes occurring at Club premises .

The entire night Club industry needs to be cleaned up and corrupt police kicked out of the force.

In the end, the assailant boys behaving badly, if their charges against the victim are dismissed, will mostly likely be fined bht1000 each and barred from re-entering Thailand. However, there’s the issue of owing a duty of care to the victim in terms of the cost of hospitalization and facial reconstruction which could amount to Bht500,000.00+ in Samui. No wonder daddy had to fly in.

Edited by MK1

If the ncpo and colonel stit of Samui police station are now working on this case together surely we will see a quick resolution to this circus like event. I would think to have both working together in this case may be something quite new - although I cannot be sure of this. In reality this case could illustrate a real turning point for Samui justice

I would like to know who will be first to offer this family a book deal or a hbo lifetime movie deal - this appears to be playing out as the scripted performance that was predicted, except for ncpos involvement. That aspect was the only aspect that I don't think was foreseen. The fabricated counter charges were of course predicted the only surprise is that it took 6 weeks to work out the stories behind them.

Bravo to this family and their search for justice. the brother has ensured that social media is kept up to date and is playing a key role in maintaining focus on this case. Purdue and Cornell must be asking questions on the quality of student that they accept and hopefully will review their decisions.

Bravo to general stit and the ncpo in working together to help this victim of crime. I do hope this isn't a one off for publicity purposes though.

"one of the suspects fathers attacked the Chanel 7 camera man breaking his microphone, as can be seen on the Chanel 7 video news report. It is unknown weather channel 7 will be pressing charges against the man." Why didn't the police arrest on the spot? If I get into a fight, the police wouldn't send me home and say "We'll contact you later regarding assault you just committed... "