NCPO now involved in the attack on an Australian man in Samui

Lite Beer

I'm not so concerned about the monetary costs.

To the rich, it's nothing. Like handing out paper towels to a stranger.

Hope these two can experience jail time, even 1 night will teach them a lesson.

+1 for punishment other than money

Or what I like to hire... "the invisible hand" giggle.gif

• Like 1

Thanks to the SAS students who have come forward recently with information regarding the two attackers. The info on the new home and the relocation to the US was a big help to us. Good to know that some of the SAS crew has a conscience. Without them, we wouldn't have half the information we have today.

This case has two sides to the story. Although I am not connected to either of the sides of this case and am simply a curious reader like many of you, I do believe that people should consider how Ryan Wang and Raymond Chang feel. If it were myself, I would feel remorse but would not think that jail is the answer. Remember that this occurred at a night club where these teens were consuming alcohol. This is simply a drunken club fight against teenagers who do not know better. Ryan and Raymond are not innocent in this situation, but Jack is not either. The two boys from China would not randomly punch a boy, do you not think that Jack would have provoked them in some way?

I just want to remind the people on this forum, as well as others reading, that this is simply one side of the story. I am fully aware that the Australian teen must undergo serious surgery and I am completely sympathetic, however it does not give people the right to say that Raymond Chang is a bad person. If you were a father of a teen that was being charged, it would clearly be a stressful time for him and his family. What he said in the video is justified; what does give the news caster a right to film him and his son?

Jack's family is also very connected in Thailand and Australia, giving them a large advantage in this case. In my opinion, this would not even be this large of a deal if the family was not connected. I believe that the two Chinese boys should pay the medical bill since they caused the harm, however attempting to put them in jail is a bit dramatic.

I am sorry if this post makes people feel uncomfortable since the previous posts seem to all be pro-Jack. I just want to bring somewhat of a counter opinion to this case to remind people that every story has another side.

• Like 1

ilove bangkok11,

If it had been a bar room punch up that had gone a bit over the top, I could understand your desire to remind is that there are always 2 (or more) sides to any story. Possibly even the news guy shoved his microphone into the old man's face with the intention of provoking a response. Who knows?

BUT, these 2 lads gave the Ozzie kid a serious going over. He wears a mask as he awaits another year or more of surgery! And of course we can't see the psychological scars. And the picture of those two guys does suggest some 'roids at work. So, sorry, no sympathy. And fines mean nothing if you have plenty of cash, as has been pointed out. I would love to see a prison sentence, however brief. But I doubt it will happen, even with the support of the NCPO.

PS I am still so impressed with the NCPO. I now tune in each Friday night to see what new stuff they have uncovered or turned their attention to. If you ever want a country lifted up by its bootlaces, these are the guys to do it.

Ryan and Raymond are not innocent in this situation, but Jack is not either. The two boys from China would not randomly punch a boy, do you not think that Jack would have provoked them in some way?

I just want to remind the people on this forum, as well as others reading, that this is simply one side of the story.

I agree there may be 2 sides to the story. In this case, there may even be 3 sides.

When I lived in China, a couple of buddies owned local expat bars- which were also the only expat restaurants. They circulated among themselves pictures of Chinese "princelings" who would go to the expat bars with their friends for the sole purpose of picking fights with random foreigners. They were sons of high ranking local politicians and local tycoons, so they were pretty much untouchable by the police. So the bar owners had an informal agreement to call all their friends over whenever these guys would show up at each others' bars. During prime time, they could generally muster a dozen guys or more. The princelings figured out they were going to lose any fight they started- by sheer numbers, and eventually went on to another form of entertainment.

So the 3rd part of this story would be the history of the 2 Chinese guys back home. My suspicion is that this isn't their first rodeo.

Edited by impulse

This case has two sides to the story. Although I am not connected to either of the sides of this case and am simply a curious reader like many of you, I do believe that people should consider how Ryan Wang and Raymond Chang feel. If it were myself, I would feel remorse but would not think that jail is the answer. Remember that this occurred at a night club where these teens were consuming alcohol. This is simply a drunken club fight against teenagers who do not know better. Ryan and Raymond are not innocent in this situation, but Jack is not either. The two boys from China would not randomly punch a boy, do you not think that Jack would have provoked them in some way?

I just want to remind the people on this forum, as well as others reading, that this is simply one side of the story. I am fully aware that the Australian teen must undergo serious surgery and I am completely sympathetic, however it does not give people the right to say that Raymond Chang is a bad person. If you were a father of a teen that was being charged, it would clearly be a stressful time for him and his family. What he said in the video is justified; what does give the news caster a right to film him and his son?

Jack's family is also very connected in Thailand and Australia, giving them a large advantage in this case. In my opinion, this would not even be this large of a deal if the family was not connected. I believe that the two Chinese boys should pay the medical bill since they caused the harm, however attempting to put them in jail is a bit dramatic.

I am sorry if this post makes people feel uncomfortable since the previous posts seem to all be pro-Jack. I just want to bring somewhat of a counter opinion to this case to remind people that every story has another side.

Why should this post make any body feel uncomfortable. You are merely spouting off assuming without any wherewithal to back it up that Jack provoked these two Chinese Americans. What right does the newscaster? (I assume you men cameraman) have to film a news event? Jack/s family connected? Where are you getting all this rubbish from? Sounds like you are just having a lonely day.

• Like 1

Jack's family is connected within the Australian embassy in Thailand, therefore having a great impact on the policemen in Thailand to do something for her. If this happened in any other country, it certainly would not be this big of a deal. Police would blow it off because let's face it this is a common thing that happens. The Chinese-Americans were protecting another teenage girl that Jack was harassing. If you don't think protecting women from men taking advantage of them is justified then clearly you need to do some rethinking. Rubbish? All of the information that I have previously stated is factual, whereas the things coming from some of these articles are from a biased source and a mother who cannot dare to face the fact that her son is not in fact, perfect.

Why should this post make any body feel uncomfortable. You are merely spouting off assuming without any wherewithal to back it up that Jack provoked these two Chinese Americans. What right does the newscaster? (I assume you men cameraman) have to film a news event? Jack/s family connected? Where are you getting all this rubbish from? Sounds like you are just having a lonely day.

• Like 1

Roids? Really? The two boys could be athletes, or could simply just enjoy living a healthy life by going to the gym from time to time. It is inconsiderate to make assumptions about people who you do not even know. I do not either, but I am trying to make some sense out of these two boys. The boy was drunk and probably does not even remember what happened that night. Everyone has been mentioning the amount of money that the Chang's have, but nothing about the Wang's. It is possible that Raymond Chang is very wealthy, but do not assume the same of Ryan Wang just because he is acquainted with Raymond. None of the articles have stated that Ryan is just as wealthy, and since there is no proof to that you cannot assume that this will breeze by for them.

ilove bangkok11,

If it had been a bar room punch up that had gone a bit over the top, I could understand your desire to remind is that there are always 2 (or more) sides to any story. Possibly even the news guy shoved his microphone into the old man's face with the intention of provoking a response. Who knows?

BUT, these 2 lads gave the Ozzie kid a serious going over. He wears a mask as he awaits another year or more of surgery! And of course we can't see the psychological scars. And the picture of those two guys does suggest some 'roids at work. So, sorry, no sympathy. And fines mean nothing if you have plenty of cash, as has been pointed out. I would love to see a prison sentence, however brief. But I doubt it will happen, even with the support of the NCPO.

PS I am still so impressed with the NCPO. I now tune in each Friday night to see what new stuff they have uncovered or turned their attention to. If you ever want a country lifted up by its bootlaces, these are the guys to do it.

Roids? Really? The two boys could be athletes, or could simply just enjoy living a healthy life by going to the gym from time to time. It is inconsiderate to make assumptions about people who you do not even know. I do not either, but I am trying to make some sense out of these two boys. The boy was drunk and probably does not even remember what happened that night. Everyone has been mentioning the amount of money that the Chang's have, but nothing about the Wang's. It is possible that Raymond Chang is very wealthy, but do not assume the same of Ryan Wang just because he is acquainted with Raymond. None of the articles have stated that Ryan is just as wealthy, and since there is no proof to that you cannot assume that this will breeze by for them.

ilove bangkok11,

So what evidence do you have to say the 'boy was drunk'?. What evidence do you have to say the Hansel-Bartel's are 'connected' to the Australian Embassy, and if so why such inaction by the Australian Embassy? And what has Wang's wealth or lack of got to do with it. His parents obviously had to pay to send him to Shanghai American School, but in any case Chang senior is representing both his son and Wang. Well except for one occasion where it is alleged he offered 5 mill on the proviso that JHB withdraw the case against his son - leaving Wang to face it all. The mother has refused all 'conditional' financial offers. She merely wants to see justice done in a system where it can be perverted. Is that so very odd? The roids suggestion does not come from the Aussie family btw - who stick rigidly to the evidence they have been given. This story is only one-sided in respect of the Aussie family doing nothing illegal to pervert the system.

Edited by Gang Warily
  • Like 1

The mother wants blood. Blood is different than justice. Justice would be justified. And this is simply not. The mother also stated in a public letter that was published on an Andrew Drummond article admitting that her son was "incredibly intoxicated." The family is also connected to the Australian Embassy, as stated in almost every article surrounding this case. Although it may not be blatantly stated, who WOULDN'T try and use their connections to get what they believe they deserve. I also was never saying that the roids suggestion came from the family, I was replying to a different user as you can see. I do not actually believe the family has been sticking to the facts they were given, as they say it was 3 punches while it actually was only 2. The boys aren't devils. This story is completely one sided, and has been one sided since it began. I have full sympathy towards BOTH parties.

ilove bangkok11,

So what evidence do you have to say the 'boy was drunk'?. What evidence do you have to say the Hansel-Bartel's are 'connected' to the Australian Embassy, and if so why such inaction by the Australian Embassy? And what has Wang's wealth or lack of got to do with it. His parents obviously had to pay to send him to Shanghai American School, but in any case Chang senior is representing both his son and Wang. Well except for one occasion where it is alleged he offered 5 mill on the proviso that JHB withdraw the case against his son - leaving Wang to face it all. The mother has refused all 'conditional' financial offers. She merely wants to see justice done in a system where it can be perverted. Is that so very odd? The roids suggestion does not come from the Aussie family btw - who stick rigidly to the evidence they have been given. This story is only one-sided in respect of the Aussie family doing nothing illegal to pervert the system.

The mother has NEVER STATED to Andrew Drummond that her son was 'incredibly intoxicated'. The evidence is totally to the contrary. The family is not connected to the Australian Embassy. Knowing a friend of a friend who works there is 'no connected'. At any rate the Embassy have said the usual we can do 'sweet fa'. Three punches? Two punches? Actually the story has been consistent. How do you manage to make up so much stuff in so few words? There is no evidence of any fight. There is evidence of an ambush.

The mother wants blood. Blood is different than justice. Justice would be justified. And this is simply not. The mother also stated in a public letter that was published on an Andrew Drummond article admitting that her son was "incredibly intoxicated." The family is also connected to the Australian Embassy, as stated in almost every article surrounding this case. Although it may not be blatantly stated, who WOULDN'T try and use their connections to get what they believe they deserve. I also was never saying that the roids suggestion came from the family, I was replying to a different user as you can see. I do not actually believe the family has been sticking to the facts they were given, as they say it was 3 punches while it actually was only 2. The boys aren't devils. This story is completely one sided, and has been one sided since it began. I have full sympathy towards BOTH parties.

ilove bangkok11,

^

The 'heavily intoxicated' and 'punches thrown by Jack' portion of the letter is from the attackers' account of what happened (from the police report they filed)- the mother calls those charges 'laughable' in her letter, and only mentioned them to show the character of the Chinese boys and the father who's become involved.

The whole event has now become a farce, with alleged aggressors counter suing. It's obvious to anyone who has been reading the events that money and pressure from Chang Senior has come into play. The nature of the injuries hardly suggest that this was just one punch in a disagreement, more of a sustained attack. Have seen nothing in any of the reports that suggest that the victim has done anything wrong, or was aggressive in any matter. Being the victim of an unprovoked attack such as this will leave lasting psychological scars as well as the physical injuries that he has received. Every respect for the family who are doing everything they can to ensure justice, although get the feeling that the alleged aggressors won't be coming back anytime soon.

• Like 1