Appliances and furniture

phinick

Have been building a house in Sisaket, and will be retiring to there soon. I suppose that I will need to go to Ubon to purchase the items to fill out the house, and would prefer not to have to wander all over Sisaket and Ubon if someone might have had some good experiences, and would recommend any stores. I have a house that is walls only, and need everything for the inside.

Thank you, and I hope someone has some serious recommendations.

post-150679-0-69864500-1407002203_thumb.

post-150679-0-95241400-1407002213_thumb.

post-150679-0-73545100-1407002221_thumb.

Hi and welcome to SSK. I found the large furniture store on the right as you approach the Ubon ring road ( coming from SSK direction) to be very good and they also deliver to SSK. They hold a huge stock and some items are very good quality. Sorry cannot remember name, but it will be hard to miss as it's just after the Army road block and opposite large Caltex petrol station.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The name is TSF furniture. It is the best place in town for high quality furniture. Like Sealy posturepedic beds and LazyBoy recliners. Dont fall for the hardware store furniture. For appliances try Home Pro. They are off the ring road ( turn left just pass TSF) and just after Central mall. You will also pass home hub And thai watsadu going that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Warin - Ubon. Same same but different :)

But I must agree with Dilligad and Marty. TSF is a great and huge furniture store that sell modern and / or good quality products. Their setup is very similar to that of IKEA.

They will not have hardware like tools, cement, granit, toilets, stoves / microwaves, TV's etc

What they do have: Pictures, Lamps, Decoration, Wallpaper, Tables/Chairs, Office desks/chairs/furniture, bedroom set, mattresses, sofas, Recliners, dining tables/sets, children bedrooms.

I also heard they have a small coffeeshop with some great tasting coffee whistling.gif

For more hardware specific things, I would visit Ubon Watsadu, which is also fairly near TSF Furniture. It is located near the Nakonchai Air Bus station and I think still considered Warin.

I think if you visit these two places, you will be able to fully furnish your house the way you like it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never been to Ubon so not commenting on the shops that have been mentioned but just thought you may want to consider looking in Bangkok if you are spending any time there.

All the big stores there will deliver anywhere in Thailand. I liked and bought all the furniture i neeeded for a four bedroom house from SB Furniture in the MBK Center and had it all delivered to Koh Samui the following week.

It was a great service and worth considering if you cant find what you want locally.

HL

Not been to TSF yet. Prior to TSF's arrival Index was the place to kit out a house, if you wanted to go one up from the watsadu warehouse cr"p. I would also describe that as IKEA-like, though everything is delivered in one piece or kits and they make it up for you. I cannot comment on relative quality between TSF and Index - make your own mind up. I see Index furniture in some hotels and it looks nice, but I wonder what it will look like in 10 years time.

Of the things I have bought in Index mostly 5 years ago I am happy with the styling - light and modern - of everything. The storage furniture (wardrobes, cupboards, dressing tables looks like it will last 20 years quite easily. The bed frames are fine too. The matresses will need replacing after about 7 years from new (but they were 10k to 15k mattresses for a King, not cheap but not high quality/high expense. The sofa cushioning has taken a real battering and should really be replaced now. Babies and kids probably do that to anything fabric mind.

Index do charge for delivery. I would not therefore assume that TSF is more economical - you pay delivery one way or another. A few cupboards and beds will cost you say 800 baht to Sisaket (I'm extrapolating from being in the slightly further away Kantharalak/SriRattana area. Delivery is free above an amount something like 30 or 40k so if you are buying a lot you benefit that way. If price is a prime issue then ask them for their promotional deals.

Index is on the main Ubon drag, Tha Chayangkhul. That's the main road that runs south from the Ubon Ring Road North (Amnat Charoen junction) down past Sunnee Plaza and Tesco, past the western end of the airport runway, down to the City Candle Park and ultimately over the Mun river to Warin (masquerading under a different name by the time it passes the park). From Sisaket turn let at the Ubon ring road lights, go northeast 8.5k to the next lights passing Central - those lights are the Yasothon (Highway 23) junction. Carry on along the ring road and turn right at the next set of lights after 2.3km at the Amnat junction onto Tha Chayangkhul. Index is 1.5km down on your left somewhere round Soi Chaynagkhun 20. Big sign, can't miss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

TSF has four stores in Ubon city but the one mentioned above is their biggest. The others are in the city; one near Makro, another opposite Sunee Hotel and the original one right in the centre of town near the main city park. Homepro is pretty good for appliances. They also sell paint, doors, and water filters. Houses these days in Isaan seem to require a water tank, filter and pump because the city water supply in most parts is not clean, trickles out and sometimes is off for a day or more.