Phuket loan shark arrested after assault on female

Lite Beer

Phuket loan shark arrested after assault on female
Eakkapop Thongtub

1407043269_1.jpg

PHUKET: Kathu police arrested a loan shark after he assaulted a woman who could not pay back money he had given her, police reports say.

Mr Watcharin Daduang, 39, was arrested on Thursday (July 31) in front of a tailor shop and charged him with assault and lending money with interest higher than the law allows. He was also found with a gun and ammunition on his person.

A woman who Mr Watcharin had loaned money to was assaulted on Thursday afternoon (July 31).

The woman quickly contacted police after the incident, saying Mr Watcharin had been lending her money and taking 20 per cent interest, for the past few months. When she could not pay, Mr Watcharin physically assaulted her.

This is the second incident of loan sharking this week after Tourist Police and Kathu Police arrested four loan sharking enforcers on Patong Beach this past Friday (August 1).

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-loan-shark-arrested-after-assault-on-female-47667.php

[pn]2014-08-03[/pn]

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Can only hope someone kicks the crap out of him

I wonder whether the pistol has been disabled - firing pin removed or similar. The pistol, rounds, and a magazine are within easy grabbing distance of the thug, and as best I can tell his arms are too far adapt for him to be handcuffed.

Such professional police work.

Edited by scorecard

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I wonder whether the pistol has been disabled - firing pin removed or similar. The pistol, rounds, and a magazine are within easy grabbing distance of the thug, and as best I can tell his arms are too far adapt for him to be handcuffed.

I can't quite figure out what that picture is. That "pistol" is misshapen, there is no pistol in the real world that looks like that. You couldn't possibly hold it in your hand. I don't know what that black stick next to it is. A magazine? Much too narrow for the butt of that plastic pistol (if that's what it is). And the little thingies lined up in front can't possible be ammunition for that thing, they're much too long. Did somebody photoshop a cartoon pistol into an actual photograph?

I can't quite figure out what that picture is. That "pistol" is misshapen, there is no pistol in the real world that looks like that. You couldn't possibly hold it in your hand. I don't know what that black stick next to it is. A magazine? Much too narrow for the butt of that plastic pistol (if that's what it is). And the little thingies lined up in front can't possible be ammunition for that thing, they're much too long. Did somebody photoshop a cartoon pistol into an actual photograph?

What's misshapen about it?  It looks like a normal pistol to me, the slide is locked open,  the grip has grooves on it to accommodate the fingers of a human hand, and the bullets look normal as well.  It's been 25 years since I played with guns, so I don't know the make of it, but it looks like a perfectly usable handgun to me.  What are you talking about? 

• Like 1

Looking at it, I would say it is a Glock 22.

Have used it years ago.

That black stick will fit in nicely to the bottom. And the gun is locked in that position to make sure there are no bullets left in the pistol itself instead of the mag.

• Like 2

What do you think James Bond (not) is gonna do. Reach forward with both hands, load one round into the barrel, hit the slide release and fire one shot backward, then get beaten to death? Or, load 7 rounds into the mag, insert that, release the slide, jump over the table, turn around and kill all 7? Holy crap, you watch too much Thai TV.

Why do you think they are not letting him do the famous Thai finger point - it's in case 007 is quick off the load, aim and fire. :) 

7 thugs and 1 shark whistling.gif

Right on!

Any one of them would be right at home

sitting on that chair!

What is it with Phuket police, and their seeming constant lack of uniforms and even shaving???

Is that how RTP, such as it is, wants to present itself to the public?

Well lets hope they take down Tim Sharky next - the self-proclaimed pimp-cum-loan shark of Pattaya. With the NCPO stepping up their game on visa violations, it's unbelievable he is still able to get away with taking 500 Baht per girl for protection, and brag about it all over the web. 

No sympathy for the woman.

She knew exactly what the terms and conditions were, yet, she still went ahead and took the loan without any idea how she would pay back the interest, never mind the principal.

Really.....what did she expect? She knew who she was getting into bed with.

No concept of self-responsibility.

You are absolutely correct. She played with fire and burnt but so did he. She was a deadbeat who had no intention of honoring the agreement. Create a debt and know that you can get the police to intervene and not pay. Wow better move and hide the family when this guy gets out a jail.

Hope she nearly starved to death before she stopped bouncing from his punch.

She knew exactly what the terms and conditions were, yet, she still went ahead and took the loan without any idea how she would pay back the interest, never mind the principal.

stupid comment. how do you know this for sure?

• Like 1

stupid comment. how do you know this for sure?

Why is it stupid?

1. She would have been told the interest rate before she took the loan.

2. She admitted that she couldn't pay back the money (meaning the interest).

3. If she couldn't pay the interest, what chance of paying the principle?

4. All money lenders will resort to intimidation, otherwise, no one would pay them back. She would have known that.

Edited by KarenBravo

2nd report of loan sharking... how many places have the cops involved?  where to protest ?

I would be happy to lend money, legally and get 10% PER YEAR

All very well if they have collateral, but, most customers of loan sharks don't have any.

If the debtor doesn't have to worry about "consequences", they just run-away, or bare-faced say they won't pay the loan back.

That's why loan sharks always use intimidation as a business plan. If they didn't, they'd be out of business. That's just the way it is.

The 20% is too high. Normal rate is 10% per month.

Edited by KarenBravo

Well, let's take a look at the logistics that would be involved...first, he has to make a grab for both the magazine and a few rounds of ammo.  Then he has to load the magazine.  Next, grab the gun, shove the magazine in, jack a round into the chamber, then point the gun.  All this while surrounded by a half dozen cops.  I don't think they're too worried about this dipstick making his "last stand" right here.

Well, let's take a look at the logistics that would be involved...first, he has to make a grab for both the magazine and a few rounds of ammo.  Then he has to load the magazine.  Next, grab the gun, shove the magazine in, jack a round into the chamber, then point the gun.  All this while surrounded by a half dozen cops.  I don't think they're too worried about this dipstick making his "last stand" right here.

Wrong.  Picks up one round, puts it in the chamber, releases the slide and it's good to take out one policeman, or himself, as a suicide - or, use that one round as a threat, while he tries to escape, with, or without, a hostage. 

From his position, if reasonably trained, that firearm could go from cold, to hot, in around 3 seconds.