How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife get 100% of my income every month. She is boss of our finances and she administer perfectly. Seems that many have got the wrong wife. If you don't trust your wife, why did you marry?

Fatfather

Sex without a condom. I still don't trust her but the odds are better than a stranger working in a bar.

My wife get 100% of my income every month. She is boss of our finances and she administer perfectly. Seems that many have got the wrong wife. If you don't trust your wife, why did you marry?

Fatfather

Sex without a condom.
A baby is no reason to marry

Fatfather

Sex without a condom.
A baby is no reason to marry

I didn't say anything about a baby. I was fixed 20 years ago. I am talking about staying healthy.

Fatfather

Sex without a condom. I still don't trust her but the odds are better than a stranger working in a bar.

you dont trust your own wife? wow

You can understand why your story is extremely dubious. Guys that can afford to throw away $5000 per month are not generally interested in bar girls. Assume this chap works offshore

Nearly every man is interested in bar girls, even Hugh Heffner.

Suggesting rich men don't sleep with skanks is madness.

Fatfather

you dont trust your own wife? wow

I trusted the first three and almost ended up in the poor house. I'm not living in the South of France in a large villa sipping Bordeaux ya know. Now if you want to trust your wife, take a look at divorce statistics and settlement averages and ....... up to you.

You can understand why your story is extremely dubious. Guys that can afford to throw away $5000 per month are not generally interested in bar girls. Assume this chap works offshore

Nearly every man is interested in bar girls, even Hugh Heffner.

Suggesting rich men don't sleep with skanks is madness.

EVEN hugh hefner?? lol

What 30,000 can get you in Isan. A couple, no children, house paid for, car paid for. One rai of lawn and garden, two paid gardeners, one paid house keeper, Swimming pool, 4000 electric, 2000 water bill. Eats out mostly at farang resturants.

There is a local girl here that gets 50,000/month from her boyfriend. Plays cards endlessly. Thai women seem to have a problem saying "no" to family members who want something. I know a guy who came home to find half the livingroom furniture gone. His wife gave it to her brother. As she told him "We can just buy some more!"

I think we have all seen this kind of situation before. It's a train wreck starting to happen. When the girl is in the village and can't live on 20k a month it only gets worse. She really could live on 5k a month and save. Good luck to the OP, he is gonna need it.

after reading some of these posts one really wonders if these are wives people have or employee's ?

Tell me, what's the difference, between giving your Thai partner X amount every month for housekeeping and expenses, or your wife/girlfriend in your home country the same thing? If I was the breadwinner in Australia and my wife was a stay at home hausefrau, wouldn't I be expected to support her and the household?

Yes the last few months she has been pushing me up to 20,000 with numerous reasons as to why she needs more.

Think partly because her mother / sister want her to go to 'work' and she has started complaining about how much 'bad' girls in her village get.

One girl is getting 50,000 (from a farrang who wants to take her abroad) she says (despite being fat and having a Thai husband who she lives with) and

lots of stories about how she doesn't ask for big money 30,000 or 40,000.

Then lots of stories about what farrang boyfriends / husbands have done for other girls in her village.

I fear she may be turning into that monster!

Looks like you've got a real catch there.

Good luck.

after reading some of these posts one really wonders if these are wives people have or employee's ?

Tell me, what's the difference, between giving your Thai partner X amount every month for housekeeping and expenses, or your wife/girlfriend in your home country the same thing? If I was the breadwinner in Australia and my wife was a stay at home hausefrau, wouldn't I be expected to support her and the household?

There isnt, dont get me wrong I wasnt commenting on the concept of "housing keeping" money, I do the same myself, but more the tone of some of the posts, strikes me that they appear to be talking about an "employee" rather than their spouses.

I think from more info from the OP that he might need to consider putting his foot down hard. The fact she's getting shitty when he won't give her 20k says a lot to me.

The family are probably pushing for more money, as they are lazy shites and see this as an opportunity yo exploit the OPs naivety. I'd be looking at a suitable exit plan if had to put up with that sort if <deleted>, to be honest.

"One girl is getting 50,000"....don't believe a word of it!

Not only do I believe it, I saw it myself. Some guys pull a girl from a bar who is making 50 to 100k a month and must pay big money to rent them. Not boyfriend/girlfriend but Sponsor and who$e . If they stop paying they go back to work .... True love ! Hahaha

I had a girl friend who tried to play a game with me telling me I did not take care of her. She said her friend got this and that.... She was out on the street the next day. If you are not willing to loose something you will never really have it. You must be firm !

OP, kids are expensive even up country. unless you want to have them living a poor life you will need to spend a little money. Having said that you need to keep the spending in check or it will get out of hand. Get receipts for everything like hospital visits etc. This will help a little.

One think I learned however is that most of these girls will spend everything you give them no matter how much it is.... No idea about saving for rainy day. Good luck !

This is the problem when men have a difficult time with being alone. Sex isn't a big deal for me anymore. I'm not a teenager. As for companionship? Eh.. I like my alone time.

Call me selfish but I can live perfectly fine on my own. I don't need a girl to cook and clean for me. I've been doing it my whole life.

20000 baht in Issan! That's even too much for Bangkok buddy. Your supporting your girlfriend and child which is fair and right...but paying for child no 1 and the mother in law too!?. 10,000 is more than enough to live comfortably in Issan...Is your wife paying rent?.if shes not and she wants 20k she's taking you for a ride!

Not paying any rent, last month she said she needed 4,000 extra to pay for 2 tutors for number 1 child, this month says she has to pay for taking number 1 to hospital as he has had some behavioral problems. Last month she had to pay for our child for hospital treatment.

This month she says she has got through 9,000 in 1 week! I asked how she said 1,600 on hospital for number 1 and then has to give 3,000 towards a notebook for number 1 (says her sister will put 10,000 towards this).

I think the last few months she has got greedy, I should also add I was last in LOS in April when I gave her a one off 50,000 she was suppose to get the floor tiled in her mums house where she stays. Says this would be good for my son to stop insects etc.., coming in in rainy season.

Instead she spent it on her mothers 'farm' says this was a one off investment and her mum will put the land in her name.

Gambling debts. Hers or her families. It will never end.

Here we go...

How many of you people would like to live on 10 or 15 thousand baht a month...with a child??? Thai people do it, with support from their families. The amount you give depends on whether the mom lives alone with the child or if she lives with several family members (that should be working). My son (similar situation in the Philippines) gets 12000 baht a month. It is enough...he lives with an extended family and two others pitch in money. He goes to a private school and the house he lives in is rent free. Transportation, food, school tuition/supplies, clothing upkeep, and some medical add up to exactly 12000 baht. (16000 pesos). I am fortunate he is now 16....and can work in two more years. (US Citizen).

Even though my wife has her own income stream from her work, I continue to give her 5k baht a month to help with her mothers living expenses, it pays for the electric and some bits and pieces and I've done that for nearly ten years - I also pay for our accommodation, food and living expenses etc.

Around three years ago I was bemoaning the low interest rates on offer and tried to explain how that was causing my investments to effectively loose money. The end product from those throw away comments was that Mrs CM started to pay for her own food and expenses although I didn't realize she was doing that straight away. When I eventually cottoned on, I asked her what she was doing and her reply was that she didn't want to be the cause of me loosing or not saving money!

Even to this day it's been sometimes uncomfortable for me to try and reassure her that despite the economic downturn, we are very very much, OK and then some.

Heads up out there, all Thai women are not the same as the stereotype model you hear about in bars.

You better get back to Thailand and sort this out.. It's not going to end well.

Many problems and the fact that she is comparing her situation to the other bad girls getting xxxx baht says a lot.

You are being taken advantage of like it or not. Either by her oor her family and she cannot say no.. Take your pick. Could be both.

Either move to thaialnd or get her out this will never work as it is now.

I have have a mate who went to the hometown of his wife and spending more in 1 weekend then 2-3 months in Bangkok. Crazy

Archived