How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DavidAlexander said:

Jesus, she even washes my tennis shoes. I was stunned, not just because they looked new, but who the hell washes their tennis shoes?

Sounds good!!

When they clean your backside for you, you know you got a real winner!

Hahaha.

1 hour ago, DavidAlexander said:

Actually it was damn weird...for a while. I'm new here so I don't know if it's common or not. She tells me her her job is to take care of me. She sweeps first thing in the morning, gets up earlier than me to make breakfast, makes the bed, lays out my clothes. I can't put a coffee cup or glass down without it being re-filled. Coming from the US I felt like I'd run into an alien from another planet. But, after much internal struggle, I've come to accept it. :-)

Also, being a maid, maybe a few hours a day, has to beat the hell out of 10 hours in the garlic/rice fields.

Let's look how long it will take that she makes you so happy that you don't want to let her go. And then maybe her mother or a buffalo is sick and the hospital bill has to be paid...

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's look how long it will take that she makes you so happy that you don't want to let her go. And then maybe her mother or a buffalo is sick and the hospital bill has to be paid...

Who cares when you have sparkly clean tennis shoes?

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So what?

Sounds like it may be worth paying it for her.

Better then being pressured into buying some spoiled western B a Mercedes Benz.

There are many many unspoiled/nonwesternized cute girls here that make wonderful mates.

Bar,Gogo,Hiso Starbuck/Facebook types are not them.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am 15 years married and since 12 years my wife is running our company. 

she is my recruiter, finds me jobs, contacts clients, negotiates the day rates, making contracts, books my flights, makes my travel expenses....

...and is writing the invoices ????????????????

27 minutes ago, See Will said:

Wrong,

I have well filled bank accounts, a pension box in gold, land secured via a German law Office and a very wealthy life.

your words are more the ones of a stone table drinker, whore spiller and just can make a living with the hand in the mouth, are you? 

What's your post about how rich you are got to do with wife having control over your life in Thailand?

Just now, theguyfromanotherforum said:

What's your post about how rich you are got to do with wife having control over your life in Thailand?

You haven't seen any Numbers hence the question is still what is considered as rich? I am still working because we both love our job and I like how my wife and I run the show. 

What my wife get I could name it 0% or all, we made it together and we live from it together.. simple as that

I just quoted on a reply in the way it has been approached to me, haven't I? 

At the moment I am on weather standby so TV Forums are a nice "wasting the time entertainment."

The Steward just brought chips and coffee at my table, so i am ready.. ????????

C'mon guys, your bitching could be a bit more of quality and demanding..

Saturday afternoon here and tomorrow I will be CC in an e-mail again. The weekly invoice of my wife getting send..  (Just to be back to topic)  :intheclub:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 7:14 PM, bkk6060 said:

You split the bills?

So you are paying for 50% and more since you ¨buy her lunch¨ everyday.

Sounds like a % to me.

If I make more money and I paid her a percent I would give her more but I don't.  What I give her is based on our bills not on a percent of my income.  When I get old and senile will she have to manage everything so then she will get 100% just like a Thai wife or my British grandmother.

Going back 8 years or so, I used to give my gf 500 Baht a day to cover living expenses , food, haircut whatever .

I also bought her clothes , shoes and usually a daily nice meal out somewhere and drinks most nights , so, it was more like 1000 Baht per day , and she had no bills to pay as I paid rent and everything .

Also , food & clothes for the family in the village  when we went there .

It was manageable 8 years ago .

My personal income dropped by about 25 % , my currency devalued by 20 % and inflation pushed prices up by 10 % and I also had to do visa runs instead of living on visa exempts .

The gf ended up costing me about 80% of my income and everyone else getting new clothes and nice food and I just had old clothes , a pad Thai per day and a few 7/11 beers on a bench in the evening .

The gf eventually left for greener pastures and my disposable income rocketed by 700 %

Haha 30thousend+ a month... I believe if you choose a Thai wife/girlfriend. There are some consequence s like paying ... But in the beginning I supported my now wife
(We both work in my country so we have 1 account) with 10000. She supported with that here mother and helped out here brother living with his family in the house. And once when I whas on holiday and could nit get to funds I found out she saved money from my monthly fee. And gave it to me for the holiday.

Going back 8 years or so, I used to give my gf 500 Baht a day to cover living expenses , food, haircut whatever .
  I also bought her clothes , shoes and usually a daily nice meal out somewhere and drinks most nights , so, it was more like 1000 Baht per day , and she had no bills to pay as I paid rent and everything .
  Also , food & clothes for the family in the village  when we went there .
It was manageable 8 years ago .
My personal income dropped by about 25 % , my currency devalued by 20 % and inflation pushed prices up by 10 % and I also had to do visa runs instead of living on visa exempts .
   The gf ended up costing me about 80% of my income and everyone else getting new clothes and nice food and I just had old clothes , a pad Thai per day and a few 7/11 beers on a bench in the evening .
   The gf eventually left for greener pastures and my disposable income rocketed by 700 %

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nokia 7 plus met Tapatalk

I pay for the rent and food for me and baby and pay her nothing - she works. 

If you married someone that wont contribute, you either married a feeloader or are rich or plain not right in the head. 

Recently my wife and me had a few financial issues . she went out and worked 36 hour shifts to help out , is your 500 baht a day allowance girl gonna do that ? 

If they (partners). Do not bring money to the table. Does of course not always mean they are freeloading. A friend of my has a Thai wife and she does not work.... outdoors. But she takes good care for him and there child and the house .
The house looks fantastic clean and neat
Has his diner ready and so on

If you married someone that wont contribute, you either married a feeloader or are rich or plain not right in the head. 

Recently my wife and me had a few financial issues . she went out and worked 36 hour shifts to help out , is your 500 baht a day allowance girl gonna do that ? 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nokia 7 plus met Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I didnt get married to her , she was just a live-in gf , if she had worked , it would have been working 10-12 hours a day on a meager salary and there would have been no time left for a relationship .

We also lived lived quite  decadent lifestyle , out drinking all night , a few times a week until sunrise , so, no time for a job for her .

29 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Quite a lot of us have enough money to finance the entire household, no need for my gf to work.

Archived