Farang Pad Thai vendor charms local Thais

webfact

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people here immediately worry about this working permit etc. thing.

Maybe because even if this guy it's a complete stranger for the very large majority of people, some people actually care about others and are aware of the real dangers other fellow foreigners can fall into.

So as long as this guy does a 'na rak' thing and is a decent guy he will not be bothered

That's totally untrue and deceiving! Are you insinuating that all the people being scammed/arrested here, were all acting in an "indecent" way??? Are you trying to kidding us or what? Get real please!!!

So I am pretty sure the happy Swiss will be happy cooking Thai dishes for many more years, even with a simple retirement visa. No problem

Yes sure! Just continue to tell people to break the law as nothing will happen, all the people being locked up are just pure imagination, there are no prison for foreigners in Thailand......unbelievable!!!

It's people like you that bring others less informed individual into troubles for all the wrong reasons.

• Like 1

Well the French guy in Bangkok china town has been a street vendor for over 2 years, in the news paper and his stall is situated 20 meters from a police hangout. Clearly he has thai citizenship and or residency and is allowed to do what he does

He has neither and is not allowed to do what he does, up to him if he wants to put his life here at risk. He only has to piss some Thai off and his feet will not touch the ground, then nobody who thought the novelty falang was somehow cute will give a hoot. I have seen hundreds of falangs working here illegally, rather them than me.

Nice story but Tony Smith can probably expect a visit from the Labour dept any day now!!

Secondly, this guy is Swiss, with a name like Tony Smith. Excuse my ignorance but it doesn't sound very Swiss.

Also, the comment...... "I have never seen any other foreigner with such talent."....what a strange thing to say.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but is that not like saying "I've never seen a foreigner who can cook," insinuating that only Thai people can

I wonder how many of the worlds Michelin star chefs are Thai compared with how many are 'foreigners'?

Has he been granted citizenship .? Mant people running their mouth off no person asking this

what I know if a thai can do the job and not the farang in Thailand.he has the job even taking rubbish out or washing up the dishes.In Thailand were a business is.work permit needed for lifting up a glass.my friend had a bar in chiang mai,he could do nothing in his bar take money restock a fridge.pick up a glass to take to the bar for cleaning.nothing unless it was behind the shutter and no one saw him doing it.his money his bar with his lady friend,his visa was a business visa,but not a work permit visa

Edited by bristolgeoff

Is Pad Thai a complicated affair? My wife whips it up in no time at all, and hopes to secure a spot in front of a nearby 7/11. With the right quality, and the right attitude, a good location can bring in some repeat customers. It does seem that there are different takes on the dish. This man obviously possesses a proper work permit, I do wish him luck and happiness.

what I know if a thai can do the job and not the farang in Thailand.he has the job even taking rubbish out or washing up the dishes.In Thailand were a business is.work permit needed for lifting up a glass.my friend had a bar in chiang mai,he could do nothing in his bar take money restock a fridge.pick up a glass to take to the bar for cleaning.nothing unless it was behind the shutter and no one saw him doing it.his money his bar with his lady friend,his visa was a business visa,but not a work permit visa

Your spot on.

A friend of mine had a bar in Pattaya Buddha help him, he got a reduced fine of only 20.000bt for just picking up an ashtray they wanted 50th.

He was then told if he was seen doing anything like that again it would be 100th after that it's your on your way out of Thailand no question asked.

Problem solved now he has like most lost all his monies and back in Blighty full time.

• 2 months later...