Farang Pad Thai vendor charms local Thais

His wife owns a restaurant so maybe he has a wp. Wp can be very liberal in there wording. He can be a manager involved in all aspects of the business including advertising and promoting the restaurant. Thats the approach i would take if i were him.

Correct, wife opens sole proprietorship and has two employees, herself and her sister.

No problem getting work permit.

As married to Thai there is only need for 2 employees.

no. Cooking pad thai is a restricted occupation. he cannot get a work permit for this work.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KuhnPaen, on 04 Aug 2014 - 09:32, said:

So,he dated a Thai, learned to cook from her, and he takes the credit? just because my Thai gf taught me how to make really good pad see ew, I would never claim it was my recipe.

Like the rooster taking credit for the sunrise, IMO.

Maybe he has changed a few things, I make chicken green curry, but put potatoes, peas, onion and baby corn in, which replaces the Thai vegetables... and guess what the Thai family, including inlaws, love it better than the Thai version. So, can I take credit...you bet I do.

they say they love it...then they most likely talk about what an awful cook you are behind your back. we are collectively nothing more than performing monkeys to them when we do something "ingenious". Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

• Like 1

His wife owns a restaurant so maybe he has a wp. Wp can be very liberal in there wording. He can be a manager involved in all aspects of the business including advertising and promoting the restaurant. Thats the approach i would take if i were him.

Correct, wife opens sole proprietorship and has two employees, herself and her sister.

no. Cooking pad thai is a restricted occupation. he cannot get a work permit for this work.

Looking here an old link http://www.thaivisa.com/330-0.html i dont see it? Do you have a updated link?

Didn't think that cooking is a prohibited profession in Thailand.

http://www.thaivisa.com/330-0.html

No, it is not a prohibited profession. There are many falang cooks in Thailand, but if he doesn't have a "Work Permit" then his cooking will end and this happy story will end up doing the reverse of what was intended.

Well, "manual labor, shop attendance and street vending" are all prohibited, so I'm not sure...

In Pattaya a friend of mine got arrested by immigration for "illegally working" in Thailand, by simply sitting down a sofa inside the cafe' his lady works on and because he was telling customers going in or out, things like "hello" , "goodmorning", "bye", etc....

He had to pay 30.000 to get released which was a bargain compared on the fine they wanted him to pay.

Then they told him he could not sit down inside that coffee-shop again or they would come back and arrest him without any other discount been made........so he had to follow what this police's captain told him.

Welcome to Thailand chaps! (i hope i don't get arrested now, i just welcomed you!!! what a massive crime that is....)

Well, it was very obviously a corrupt captain, looking to raise some cash. I would have fought that all the way to the higher courts. I would have made sure I did everything in my power to make sure that captain lost his job. Now that the military is in power we do have some recourse, as there are ways to report vermin like that. Fight them tooth and nail, and things may begin to change. That incident is nothing short of ridiculous, foolish, petty, abusive, and unnecessary.

Spidermike

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

KuhnPaen, on 05 Aug 2014 - 01:34, said:KuhnPaen, on 05 Aug 2014 - 01:34, said:
Rorri, on 04 Aug 2014 - 13:31, said:Rorri, on 04 Aug 2014 - 13:31, said:
KuhnPaen, on 04 Aug 2014 - 09:32, said:KuhnPaen, on 04 Aug 2014 - 09:32, said:KuhnPaen, on 04 Aug 2014 - 09:32, said:

So,he dated a Thai, learned to cook from her, and he takes the credit? just because my Thai gf taught me how to make really good pad see ew, I would never claim it was my recipe.

Like the rooster taking credit for the sunrise, IMO.

Maybe he has changed a few things, I make chicken green curry, but put potatoes, peas, onion and baby corn in, which replaces the Thai vegetables... and guess what the Thai family, including inlaws, love it better than the Thai version. So, can I take credit...you bet I do.

they say they love it...then they most likely talk about what an awful cook you are behind your back. we are collectively nothing more than performing monkeys to them when we do something "ingenious". Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

I'd prefer to be in denial than a tosser. You do not know these people but you talk as though you do... get a life you fool.

Edited by Rorri
  • Like 1
jacky54, on 05 Aug 2014 - 09:10, said:

can we keep the personal abuse out of this please?

No "abuse" (to speak insultingly, harshly, and unjustly to or about; revile; malign) intended, but if you make a foolish comment then by definition you are a fool.

Stories like this get foreigners landed in jail. The guy is breaking so many laws it is not funny. There is no way you can get a work permit for this work. This is a deportable and blacklistable crime. All he needs is the wrong labour, immigration, police officer to walk by or even a disgruntled competitor or family member and he is out. Please do not get any romantic crazy notions in your heads. If he has Thai citizenship he is safe.

Exactly my same thought.

Foreigners unaware of the local laws will fall into this trap so easily, then more money to be made for these sewages and a good (fake) image for the country.

Then, at a time of their convenience, the Pad-Thaier will very likely serve the same destiny or worse, either in a silent way or been described as a very bad law's breaker, TIT.

I sincerely hope he got thai's citizenshit, as that's the only way to avoid breaking local laws and fall prey to any of these hypocrites vultures.

• Like 1

Oh get a life you pathetic people,

(No work permit) (will get deported)(can't even wash your car) really. It's boring.

There is anything wrong in making others aware of the very real dangers they are in, once they put foot in this land?

Do you enjoy when others get into troubles?

How disgustings the "thaier then thai" can really be?

No limits i guess.

In Pattaya a friend of mine got arrested by immigration for "illegally working" in Thailand, by simply sitting down a sofa inside the cafe' his lady works on and because he was telling customers going in or out, things like "hello" , "goodmorning", "bye", etc....

He had to pay 30.000 to get released which was a bargain compared on the fine they wanted him to pay.

Then they told him he could not sit down inside that coffee-shop again or they would come back and arrest him without any other discount been made........so he had to follow what this police's captain told him.

Welcome to Thailand chaps! (i hope i don't get arrested now, i just welcomed you!!! what a massive crime that is....)

Well, it was very obviously a corrupt captain, looking to raise some cash. I would have fought that all the way to the higher courts. I would have made sure I did everything in my power to make sure that captain lost his job. Now that the military is in power we do have some recourse, as there are ways to report vermin like that. Fight them tooth and nail, and things may begin to change. That incident is nothing short of ridiculous, foolish, petty, abusive, and unnecessary.

Spidermike

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Well, for how much i dislike what happened, i believe the BIB was simply applying the laws.

Obviously there are people that take advantage of them and others that understands how wrong some of the rules can be so they don't.

It's not the first time there are reports of these occurrences and very likely it will not be the last until the laws becomes what they supposed to be created for, and not to exist to simply make life even worse because someone can get some cash from it.

• Like 1

I know plenty of foreign chefs here on Samui, every big resort has one.

Chef is not an restricted occupation.