B Visa for teaching

Ok so I'm about to get my B visa in KL for teaching. Just the initial 3 months whilst my work permit is being processed. I know I can extend this for 1 year without leaving Thailand. What is the cost of this? Also there have been occasions when the WP has taken longer than 3 months is it possible to obtain a 30 day extension on the 3 month Non B? I'm hoping this won't happen but I know the WP process is currently slow

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The visa will cost RM 200. Good luck getting it in KL they are not friendliest location to get visas.

The one year extension costs 1900 baht.

The only extension other than the one year is 7 days for a non immigrant visa entry.

Just wanted to say got my B visa fine in KL and my husband got the dependent O visa no questions asked. Went at 9am first day out by 11 as there was a slight queue went back 14.30 next day in and out 5 mins. Got to Phuket no problems visa stamped with 3 month validity I didn't see anyone have problems and no dodgy agents going via the back door which was good

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just back from applying for a single entry B visa, before applying for a work permit, in Kuala Lumpur and have to say the whole attitude there has changed.

When I have been before (for the same thing) there has been a cursory inspection of the documents before most are returned as unwanted and they then take your money (220 RM incidentally not 200 RM as mentioned in a post above) and come back the next day to collect it.

This time they take ALL the documents and told me to wait, they were all duly inspected and as I didn't have the Ministry of Labour approval letter I was rejected. This is for a new company and when I last did the same thing 3 years ago, this was not needed. I wasn't singled out, absolutely everybody was having their applications inspected thoroughly before they were accepted and having to wait. I saw one other guy have the same issue as me and he asked when the rules had changed as a colleague of his at the same company had only recently got his visa, no problem without the approval letter. They told him it was 'with the new government'. That was after a bit of discussion and laughter from the staff (don't know what about...).

Does anybody out there know if there is anywhere in the region where they are still issuing Non B single entry visa without this letter?

It is something we can get, but it's just a pain to do as there are a lot more hoops to jump through - some of which seem to need the inevitable 'greasing' even when you have everything right. Thanks for your help!