Taxi or bus from Bangkok to Pattaya.

benj005

Had a blowup with my girlfriend last night. She wants to take a taxi to Pattaya and it will cost us $1,000 baht one way. So $2,000 baht round trip. I think that's expensive. She says that she needs to take a new comforter and other items with her. She doesn't want to take them on the bus. A bus ride to Pattaya would be much cheaper.

We have taken a taxi before to Pattaya. It's a nice ride, and its more comfortable than taking a bus. I'm looking at the expenses. Were going to her sister's new house in Pattaya, so I'm going to have to get a few gifts plus spend money on food/drink.

I'm currently living in Bangkok. Edited by benj005

bus x 2 people 260

taxi to bus in bangkok 50?

sonthaew in Pattaya x 2 people 50?

a girlfriend who won't shut up because of it  2,000 baht

get a taxi and save yourself some grief.

I will think about what you said.

Thanks.

How are you going to get to the bus?

Edit: looks like I was a little late replying.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

By taxi, but I'm not going to spend $1k baht doing it. :)
Then when the bus reaches pattaya, how do you get to her sisters?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app Edited by longstebe

I was hoping that her cousin would pick us up at the bus stop.

Its not just about the taxi. I am going to have to spend money on a present(s) and food/drink. I'm just trying to keep cost at a respectful figure. :(

yes

James is much richer and more hansum man them Moi.

Me ... I'm an economic realist.

Maybe I'd take the bus.

But, you gf is probably looking at the face she generates by having a rich bf who can afford a taxi to their digs in Pattaya.

Up to you ...  rolleyes.gif

OH ... Last time I went to Pattaya, my gf's Father drove me.

Me, my gf and any of the Family who wanted to tag along ... facepalm.gif

I was hoping that her cousin would pick us up at the bus stop.

Its not just about the taxi. I am going to have to spend money on a present(s) and food/drink. I'm just trying to keep cost at a respectful figure. :(

Is it someones birthday?
Tell them to sod off, you've spent enough getting down there.

yes

James is much richer and more hansum man them Moi.

Me ... I'm an economic realist.

Maybe I'd take the bus.

But, you gf is probably looking at the face she generates by having a rich bf who can afford a taxi to their digs in Pattaya.

Up to you ...  rolleyes.gif

OH ... Last time I went to Pattaya, my gf's Father drove me.

Me, my gf and any of the Family who wanted to tag along ... facepalm.gif

I don't think its about saving face. Not with my girlfriend. I think it has to do with comfort, and the fact that she will be carrying a few items to Pattaya.

Hmm.. Maybe we can take a taxi to Pattaya and the bus back.

[quote name="longstebe" post="8195138" timestamp="1407121296"][quote name="benj005" post="8195128" timestamp="1407121192"][quote name="longstebe" post="8195117" timestamp="1407121060"][quote name="benj005" post="8195099" timestamp="1407120847"][quote name="longstebe" post="8195094" timestamp="1407120778"]How are you going to get to the bus?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app[/quote]By taxi, but I'm not going to spend $1k baht doing it. :)[/quote]Then when the bus reaches pattaya, how do you get to her sisters?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app[/quote]I was hoping that her cousin would pick us up at the bus stop.

Its not just about the taxi. I am going to have to spend money on a present(s) and food/drink. I'm just trying to keep cost at a respectful figure. :([/quote]
Is it someones birthday?
Tell them to sod off, you've spent enough getting down there.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app[/quote]
It's her cousin's new house. She's having a house warming party, and since it's a holiday, family will be there as well. We will be in Pattaya Saturday-Tuesday morning.

I asked my girlfriend how much money I should bring. She got upset that I would even ask her. I told her I'm going to take out $3-5k baht and leave my credit cards home. See if she likes that. :) Edited by benj005
  • Like 1

130 km each way down the motorway with a Thai taxi driver. No thanks.

Took a taxi from pattaya up to Bangkok a few years back and he had a blow out on one of his back tyres. Shat meself.
Bus is the best option.

Just saw Sat-Tue... So 3x 399 = 1,595 + gas.... Ends up being a bit more than taxi each way... But would at least leave you the freedom to slip out ATP the beach or to the store... While she is siting around the house with family all day ... Which may be worth it, if you are not terribly close with her family or just need a break

Just saw Sat-Tue... So 3x 399 = 1,595 + gas.... Ends up being a bit more than taxi each way... But would at least leave you the freedom to slip out ATP the beach or to the store... While she is siting around the house with family all day ... Which may be worth it, if you are not terribly close with her family or just need a break

Maybe, but I'm not that comfortable with going on my own in Pattaya. What if I get into an accident? What if a ladyboy grabs me?

:(

130 km each way down the motorway with a Thai taxi driver. No thanks.

Better than an over turned bus?

No. A coach has a lot more protection. Just take seasickness pills if the driver has had a few,the suspension hasn't been fixed etc.

Maybe, but I'm not that comfortable with going on my own in Pattaya. What if I get into an accident? What if a ladyboy grabs me?

sad.png

Now, that IS sad!

If a ladyboy grabs you, stand up and be counted and be thankful for the experience - after you have checked you still have your wallet w00t.gif