Taxi or bus from Bangkok to Pattaya.

benj005

bus x 2 people 260

taxi to bus in bangkok 50?

sonthaew in Pattaya x 2 people 50?

a girlfriend who won't shut up because of it  2,000 baht

get a taxi and save yourself some grief.

if i were op i would ask about the sisters  house.    did the sister save all her life to acquire it?  or did some generous man help out?

lol.

bus x 2 people 260

taxi to bus in bangkok 50?

sonthaew in Pattaya x 2 people 50?

a girlfriend who won't shut up because of it  2,000 baht

get a taxi and save yourself some grief.

if i were op i would ask about the sisters  house.    did the sister save all her life to acquire it?  or did some generous man help out?

lol.
She actually has a decent job. I don't know what she does. I do know that she works for a large firm in Japan for months at a time. Edited by benj005

you should ask.....why would japan need a thaigirl  does she have special skills japan girls dont have?  months @ a time-sounds fishy.    She one of those high tech engineers?  Thai girl who go overseas months @ a time raises big red flags.   JUST SAYIN........................thai girls...you know!

You gf could be wanting what her sis has.

Anyways-solution to your problem.   You pay you go by bus-best deal in bkk.   She pay-you go by taxee.

• Like 1

Girlfriend needs to bring some stuff to Pattaya, taxi would be a lot more convenient.. it's 1000 baht there and 1000 baht back... mate, seriously you are being cheapskate, and this is coming from me who admits to being tight!!
  • Like 1

I used to drive my own car to Pattaya, but when I discovered the coach, 130 baht (about) and that they now drive sensibly, leave Bangkok every half hour or so, it was a no brainer.
Taxi fares at both ends greater than the coach fare! Crazy.
Driving there was ok going, but after a night or two in Pattaya, driving back was hell.
Taxi is not an option for me, I do not know who is driving once the open motorway looms .
There are usually three pedals in a taxi, all need to be pushed down to their limit whenever used!

Right!

Last time I got a mini bus, had about 2cm leg room, the driver drove like a psychopath, and we was surrounded by Russians shouting out Russian all the way, it was the worst journey ever.... plus as other have pointed out you have to mess around getting taxi`s and missioning to the bus station so all in all its worth the extra for me.

For 1000bhat you wouldn't even get a taxi in London for 2 miles for that, think of it that way might make you feel better.

Then again, if you've been rinsing money too much recently, hop on a bus and grin and bear it. Either way, you don't need to ask on here about if your birds right or wrong only you decide that, if your spending too much then put your foot down.

Right!

Last time I got a mini bus, had about 2cm leg room, the driver drove like a psychopath, and we was surrounded by Russians shouting out Russian all the way, it was the worst journey ever.... plus as other have pointed out you have to mess around getting taxi`s and missioning to the bus station so all in all its worth the extra for me.

For 1000bhat you wouldn't even get a taxi in London for 2 miles for that, think of it that way might make you feel better.

Then again, if you've been rinsing money too much recently, hop on a bus and grin and bear it. Either way, you don't need to ask on here about if your birds right or wrong only you decide that, if your spending too much then put your foot down.

Of course taxis are cheaper in Thailand. I've taken 3-4 hour rides from Bangkok to Korat to see my girlfriend's mother and it was always 1000 baht one way. That's $32 USD. Compare that to a taxi ride I took back home in America. I took a 15 minute taxi ride to get some items. The cost was $24. If I need to take the taxi I guess I will remind myself of the trip I took in America.

I wanted to take a train but my girlfriend told me they don't have a train that runs from Bangkok to Pattaya.  :(

you should ask.....why would japan need a thaigirl  does she have special skills japan girls dont have?  months @ a time-sounds fishy.    She one of those high tech engineers?  Thai girl who go overseas months @ a time raises big red flags.   JUST SAYIN........................thai girls...you know!

You gf could be wanting what her sis has.

Anyways-solution to your problem.   You pay you go by bus-best deal in bkk.   She pay-you go by taxee.

She works for an international company.  I don't know what she does .  

We have Thai college students who come to America to work at McDonalds. Anybody can work at a fast food place, so why are they hiring college kids from Thailand?  

Take the taxi to the bus stop in BKK and pick up three cheap Charlie's and offer them a ride in your taxi and squish your gf in-between. That will cut your cost and teach her the Golden Rule...The person with the gold makes the rules.

Give her the taxi fare and tell her to be on her way; simple. The cost of the journey wouldn't concern me so much as having to spend all that time with the rabble. Might be better all round to just dump her. ;) Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 1

So benj ... what did you eventually do?

Today's the day. Were leaving in a few hours by Taxi. But I told her we are going back by bus.

Do they hitchhike in Thailand? smile.png

Good Luck with that ...  thumbsup.gif

(at many different levels)