Severs Delerium Tremens and ICU and survival odds

firegirl

Makes not one iota of difference if you understand the treatment or not.

As far as I am concerned you have doctors who are trained in this and advice from some who have information.

Start thinking about your self.

That's about the size of it, let the physicians take care of him the best they know how.

I havent been on this thread since August. I am happy to report my boyfriend has been sober since his hospital stay with the DTs. He has a long road ahead still but he sees how great life is sober and heakthy. I want to thank everyone if you for responding to my original post when I really needed the support. I hope all of you are healthy and happy, thank you all again!!

I really think the best form of support for him is AA. I don't have any experience with it in Thailand, but it has created miracles for many many people who were hopeless alcoholics all over the world. AA would be his best source of support, with your help, of course.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Makes not one iota of difference if you understand the treatment or not.

As far as I am concerned you have doctors who are trained in this and advice from some who have information.

Start thinking about your self.

That's about the size of it, let the physicians take care of him the best they know how.

I only know 2 doctors that have the slightest clue about alcoholism in this country and I've met many in the alcohol field.

• 2 weeks later...

I havent been on this thread since August. I am happy to report my boyfriend has been sober since his hospital stay with the DTs. He has a long road ahead still but he sees how great life is sober and heakthy. I want to thank everyone if you for responding to my original post when I really needed the support. I hope all of you are healthy and happy, thank you all again!!

Great news. There's always hope. AA sustains the best life I could imagine. For me, I would not be alive without AA - let alone have a wonderful life.

Hope things continue well in sobriety.

I got out of music as a career by the time I got sober, but got back in for a bit in Seattle during Nirvanna etc.

I stayed sober but was on a sound spiritual footing by then.

My best friend is still a pro musician and is not a drinker. It happens!

Edited by ding
  • Like 2