Phuket park officials receive death threats

webfact

"Anger at the destruction of illegal restaurants…”
Imperious arrogance defined.

“This whole issue is about money.”
thumbsup.gif wai.gif 

“...it seems like he is from the Thung-Yai group of assassins…”

You know, those guys that we all know are assassins and we even gave them a territory?
Smart move. Don’t put all your assassins in one basket...

This is why I hope the Army remains on Phuket for a long, long time, and even when a Government is elected, I hope the Army sets up an oversight committee that remains on Phuket. 

What has happened here in the past, should not be allowed to happen again.

I also like the idea of the army being in control for a 'while'. But we would have to be naive to think that whoever is in control would not be tempted by the large number of heavy brown envelopes being offered.

Thai society is corrupt, from the top job, down to the local policeman.

I hope whoever is currently in contol takes all "the large number of heavy brown envelopes being offered" but despite this, then goes ahead and administers the Thai Law and really lets Phuket's "influential people" know who's boss.  biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

Well I guess it just goes to show the amount of money involved.  A decision on whether to take your cut or get bumped off would not be difficult to make if these people are game enough to threaten government officials when we are under martial law..

Maybe this man should be made governor.

• Like 2

There's something not quite right with this story!  A member of the Park Chief's staff took the death threat call from an 'unidentified' man. The Park Chief then asked around and it 'seems like' the 'unidentified' man is from a group of known assassins. Surely someone would have to have identified the caller to be able to establish his link with the group of assasins??? Mabe his is just another in the long line of inaccurate 'News Reports'?

Is that the way they leave a royal marine park after they demolished the illegal buildings???

Just leave all the wood and bricks in a big heap spread all over the beach, Mai pen rai !!!!  Mai Plu duay !!facepalm.gif

Arai Wa!!!!!

So the nice restaurant owners are showing their true face...

''But if we could regulate them in some way because I like to have my fruit shakes brought to me on the beach''

To those who write comments like my very sarcastic remark above, do you now understand who you are dealing with. You want some of your hard earned going to these people of influence.

Now that hired guns are trying influence change, better to eliminate the threat of death threats by shutting down the Thalang District Office Administration inclusive of the Cherngtalay Municipality (Or- Bor-Tor) since both these organizations have failed in their role of managing these areas effectively while at the same time having the privilege of impunity.

By amalgamating all these districts into one on the island may also eliminate or minimize threat of greed and corruption against those who wish to maintain control over these organizations.

Perhaps more so this is just wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by MK1

This is why I hope the Army remains on Phuket for a long, long time, and even when a Government is elected, I hope the Army sets up an oversight committee that remains on Phuket. 

I also like the idea of the army being in control for a 'while'. But we would have to be naive to think that whoever is in control would not be tempted by the large number of heavy brown envelopes being offered.

I hope whoever is currently in contol takes all "the large number of heavy brown envelopes being offered" but despite this, then goes ahead and administers the Thai Law and really lets Phuket's "influential people" know who's boss.  biggrin.png

Why is everyone picking on Thai society every bloody government and local councils in nearly every country in world are corrupt and I commend the Thai Army for the clean up operation and no bullshit attitude. Good work Lads keep it up. 

Why is everyone picking on Thai society every bloody government and local councils in nearly every country in world are corrupt and I commend the Thai Army for the clean up operation and no bullshit attitude. Good work Lads keep it up. 

"every bloody government and local councils in nearly every country in world are corrupt" - sure, but they are legally corrupt.  In Thailand, they are illegally corrupt.  biggrin.png

Influential people? Like small restauranteurs? Cause those are the only ones I see being closed down by Park authorities while the real " influential people" seem to be operating with impunity.

Oh so it's the small restauranteurs that are hiring the hit men? Do try to stay on topic.  

coffee1.gif

Now that hired guns are trying influence change, better to eliminate the threat of death threats by shutting down the Thalang District Office Administration inclusive of the Cherngtalay Municipality (Or- Bor-Tor) since both these organizations have failed in their role of managing these areas effectively while at the same time having the privilege of impunity.

By amalgamating all these districts into one on the island may also eliminate or minimize threat of greed and corruption against those who wish to maintain control over these organizations.

Perhaps more so this is just wishful thinking on my part.

Yeah, we keep seeing Mary Ann everywhere, This guy over saw both Surin and Bang Tao beach encroachment,  millions and millions of baht must have gone... er somewhere, yet he seems to be playing for the other team now, (wonder how much his team uniform cost..)

• Like 1