Taxi forced to use a meters now adding fare surcharges in Samui

webfact

I would like if I could push for soi taxis motor bike taxis that just have licenses to work the sois for 10 baht a time like soi 1 Manam sone other bike sois

Could make money all day long going up and down specially with all these villas in the moutains

Forangs could get their thai families busy

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spoke to a guy this morning that just arrived here via a weeks holiday in Phuket. Comes here numerous times a year. Says that despite the new regulations/changes the fares are exactly the same as he's always paid!!whistling.giflaugh.png

Perhaps he was not aware of the changes, same as many tourists will not know any better & get gouged.

Let's here from people on this forum, regular locals & their experiences.

Spoke to a guy this morning that just arrived here via a weeks holiday in Phuket. Comes here numerous times a year. Says that despite the new regulations/changes the fares are exactly the same as he's always paid!!whistling.giflaugh.png

Perhaps he was not aware of the changes, same as many tourists will not know any better & get gouged.

Or airport taxi as that may not change.

"An additional 50 baht service charge is added on top of the total fare. As the community has accepted that this service charge will cover overhead costs.

After an agreement with the Koh Samui City and Tourism Association of Koh Samui, the community will accept the additional 50 baht service charge to the total"

As I don't live on Samui yet many members do, who are part of the community, I'm just wondering who in the Samui community has accepted this additional 50 baht service charge?

I can't imagine any locals, be they Thais or expat readily agreeing, sounds more like it was an agreed to demand.

Mouahahahahah !!!

Complete bullshit !!!

Some so-called taxis-meter do have the 50 bahts overcharge sticker , but ......... They dont HAVE METER INSIDE THE TAXI .....

Enjoy the show ;-)

Next thing will be that they charge their normal 400 bath from airport to Chaweng and then add 2 x 50 bath on top of that and try to convience people that's the way things are working now.

• 2 months later...

I'm a "regular local" but you won't hear from me. I avoid taking a taxi at all cost. I hire a friend of a friend to take me where I want to go. It is always a reasonable price and no hassle.

• 1 month later...