Cash help for tourists hurt in Phuket

webfact

Now how long will it be before a not so nice farrang team up with low lifes and abuse this system also with fake assault cases....hmmmmm

I'm not sure how you'd game the system if the grants are being used to pay for medical services rendered. 
However, I could see the 'rape' scenario being easily gamed, which totally sucks for individuals in real rape cases.  In actual rapes, I think the compensation is really low, but then the potential to game the system is exponentially high.  Tough call.

while Patong Hospital also offered a B1,690 grant.

Very generous indeed. Maybe it was just to help him have a meal?

It reminds me of  the paltry sum of 5,000 baht given to the badly injured survivors of the Phuket plane crash some years back.

Are these people in the real world? Better not to give such an insulting sum.

Now how long will it be before a not so nice farrang team up with low lifes and abuse this system also with fake assault cases....hmmmmm

You serious???

Get beaten up....have a few weeks in hospital....have a major organ removed.

And all for the jackpot of 100k and hey don't forget that super generous sum of 1,690.

Yep....I'll have a magic time with the 101,690 baht and it'll sure go towards clearing my Thai hospitals bills of a few hundred thousand.

Then I will have my hospital;l bills in my own country and repeated medical visits for how many years?

Sounds a good deal to me.

• Like 1

I wouldn't let my dog stay in the state hospitals I've seen in Thailand.

Which breed is your dog and from where do you import his food from?

If he gets indigestion, where do you fly him to?

A super lucky fella, your Dog is!

tongue.png

Rape victimes will get 450
Write that in any Western press 100% of readers will believe it's a printing mistake !

Especially if they think it's 450Bt!!!! Why cant you say 2,000Bt like the report says

I do not need personal policing, mods are enough thank you

I have already answered post 17 and 21,  it was 450€ (euro) the euro sign € from my Ipad was not recognize once on TV,  why I do not know, even thought I did edit again the post when I realized € was missing to no avail, then I switch to my computer, so could hardly say I don't give a d... 

$665 bucks USD plus or minus for rape victims..  Jesus wept.  facepalm.gif 

What do western gov'ts give tourists who are raped as compensation?

Check out the link for National Association of Crime Victim Compensation Boards at this link: http://www.nacvcb.org/

That should answer your question at least as regard to the US.