Update : 3rd waiver confirmed by Krusapa today

Hi,

The lady who applies for our teaching licence rang today to ask about the status of a third application for a waiver. She was told to resubmit the application as new rules are that all get a 3rd licence. He is new to this school, so it isn't a third application for the same school.

Obviously this might change in a moment.....TIT..... but for now, good news. Yes ???????

Good luck everyone.

clap2.gif

• Like 2

I'd like to see a few more reports like this. I have every intention of heading down to Krusapa in person in the next week or two to discuss matters with them first hand. There are a lot of us here with a lot on the line. Families aren't exactly free to support, so paying for a worthless degree doesn't seem like the smartest option. I'm still working on my exit strategy which I may or may not employ depending on the outcome of my visit ....

I'd just gotten my third provisional TL, good for another two years, last week on Monday. Applied for it, picked it up three hours later.They even issue a fourth, when staying longer at a school.

But, I'd strongly reckon to go there in person, it really seems to be a teacher shortage.

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

The reason for a third waiver is probably that the TCT cannot offer enough Thai Ethics and Cultural Courses as they are in a move to change the course and the rules for a teaching license.

End this year or beginning next year there should be more clarity, but don't expect the requirements for a teaching license to be changed. That is required by law.

Where there is some room is in the requirements for a waiver, but that route is by law only meant for people who are studying/trying to get qualified. So that element will also remain in the requirement for a waiver.

The reason for a third waiver is probably that the TCT cannot offer enough Thai Ethics and Cultural Courses as they are in a move to change the course and the rules for a teaching license.

End this year or beginning next year there should be more clarity, but don't expect the requirements for a teaching license to be changed. That is required by law.

Where there is some room is in the requirements for a waiver, but that route is by law only meant for people who are studying/trying to get qualified. So that element will also remain in the requirement for a waiver.

All that you wrote is correct BUT these last few months they were also refusing further waivers EVEN if you were studying. But It would seem that's changed again!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a followup on this thread.

A guy I know, who has had 2x waivers already (At 2x different schools) applied for his 3rd waiver (at a 3rd school) last week, after I sent him a link to this thread and advised that 3rd waivers should be fine.

From what I gather, he then came to Bangkok and applied in person for a waiver. He was apparently then declined, with the reason that 3rd waivers aren't given.

Any suggestions on what he can do and/or why he might have been declined? e.g. Do you think maybe the 3rd waiver is conditional on the same school? Or that maybe the culture course and/or TEFL cert were required for the 3rd waiver? Or maybe he was unlucky / Other posters who received a 3rd waiver were just lucky?

Hmm the guy I know said that they told him:

'mr teacher, why you change school, cannot give you, only two school. mr teacher get education degree, your degree not education'

So it might be because he was at too many different schools, rather than necessarily because he simply had 2x waivers already (Or it might be because it was 2x waivers, depending on how you read into what they said)

'mr teacher, why you change school, cannot give you, only two school. mr teacher get education degree, your degree not education'

So it might be because he was at too many different schools, rather than necessarily because he simply had 2x waivers already (Or it might be because it was 2x waivers, depending on how you read into what they said)

So it looks like the guy hasn't tried to improve his education .. bit sad really! He could have done the 12mth upgrade course and gotten a teaching license by now. Google St Roberts transnational. I believe it's 2 semesters 27,500b per semester. Edited by casualbiker

Oh my god. I've met this guy two weeks ago, at counter 8 for foreign teachers. The guy's wearing gloves, (which he already did two years ago, when I was there the last time) and is such an a hole, that's already unbelievable.

He said the same words to me, but I had my little joker..my degree in social pedagogy. So I told him that social pedagogy would be an educational field.

He then asked an older woman, who as well had no idea what pedagogy means.Then my stuff was given to a younger one, who even tried to help me to get my permanent one.

I could pick my provisional up, the third three hours later given by the gloved guy. No way to ask the younger employee about the possibility to go for a five year license.

And the gloved freak did also jell at me why I changed my school.

"Why you go from school? Why you go away from school? God, what a nightmare.

The guy with the gloves is just mis-understood. He is dealing with Africans and Filipino's all day long. Don't you grasp that would wear on a guy, not only his hands either.

A guy yelling at teachers,which he did in the morning and in the afternoon to me,, with signs everywhere " We love teachers" seems to be way over the top for me.

That guy should be inside of a mental hospital. Not at the counter for foreign English teachers at a department of the Ministry of education in Thailand.

But I do see a coincidence in this guy's behavior and the educational system with the no fail guarantee.-

Please see his gloves, but please don't ask me how I'd gotten them....

post-158336-0-13854400-1408707885_thumb.