Young Phuket man arrested with pen gun

webfact

Young Phuket man arrested with pen gun
Darawan Naknakhon

1407300352_1-org.jpg
Prakasit with his pen gun, after his arrest.

PHUKET: -- Prakasit Sinprasop, 22, riding on the back of a motorbike, was arrested yesterday afternoon (August 5) after officers discovered he was carrying a pen gun.

Police searched Prakasit and the driver of the bike after they noticed them “behaving suspiciously” at a police checkpoint at the Sakoo-Cherng Talay.

They found and seized the pen gun, a .38-calibre bullet and a pocket knife from Prakasit.

Prakasit admitted that all the item belonged to him, saying that he carried them for his own protection.

Unimpressed, police charged him with illegal possession of firearm and carrying a gun in a public area without a permit.

Pen guns are small weapons carrying a single bullet and, as the name suggests, disguised to look like a pen. In Thailand, many are homemade.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/young-phuket-man-arrested-with-pen-gun-47722.php

[pn]2014-08-06[/pn]

Is it me, or just about every arrest reported in the media in the last few weeks involves the possession of a firearm/s?

Didn't know you were arrested for possession of a firearm NKM!   biggrin.png

Edited by iSabai

Is it me, or just about every arrest reported in the media in the last few weeks involves the possession of a firearm/s?

No Mate, its not you.

A lot of media articles are for arrests with some form of gun.

There are a few ideas.Too many to list.

One is that so many Thais are armed that they are caught up in simple road block checks.....!

I think that if this is true we on TVF should be worried. Make sure you are safe and don't get too pissed unless you are in your home with the doors locked.

Actually I think this is the best option.

Take it quiet and easy in public and do you blasting and raging at home.

Regards