Central Pattaya knife attack leaves American seriously injured

webfact

Central Pattaya knife attack leaves American seriously injured

usa-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Late on Wednesday Night a 52 year old American cyclist was left with serious flesh wounds after he was subjected to a frenzied knife attack by a motorcyclist following a minor road accident involving the pair in Central Pattaya.

The incident occurred in Soi Xzyte off Pattaya Third Road, just after 10.30pm where Khun Prasit aged 29 works as a part-time masseur, when he is not at his full-time job as a butcher.

Mr. Daniel O’Neill from America was reportedly on his bicycle and was struck by Khun Prasit who was conducting a U-turn maneuver so he could drive home after finishing his shift at the massage shop.

His motorbike came into contact with Mr. O’Neill’s bicycle and although no significant damage was caused to the bike or Mr. O’Neill, angry words were exchanges which enraged Khun Prasi.

He produced a knife and attacked the American who was left with a number of slash wounds causing a significant loss of blood.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/137730/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-08-07

• Like 1

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bad is this, the guy was carrying. A knife, ??? Who in there right mind would carry a knife ???

I know a few things annoy us here, but it ain't worth confronting any of them, you just never know.....

Hope the guy makes a full recovery....

tHIS is very bad. why oh why dont the thais act like americans, brits, italians

"When in Rome"... people make mistakes, nothing bad happened and because of this the Thai would have thought it a personal attack from the American. If the opposite had happened and the American had been at fault and put his hands together and said ka toot kap the Thai very most likely would have given the same "polite" gesture and moved on. When in a country that has a "polite particle" in their language for both male and female, even if you are in the right a display of anger is considered very impolite.

• Like 2

(deleted_)

When you pass a sleeping soi dog curled up peacefullly on the side of the road, you are forced to consider and are never 100% sure whether he will pacivelly allow you to pass by unharmed or leap up and chomp your leg.

I'll leave it to you to descramble my metaphor... clap2.gif

• Like 2

I would be annoyed if some idiot making a u turn crashed into me , Thainess at its best

Thainess at its best?

The guy who got upset by the minor traffic incident was the American. Are you saying the american showed Thainess?

How could his getting angry be seen as "Thainess"? He is not Thai, nor is his sudden anger representative of Thainess.

• Like 1

How bad is this, the guy was carrying. A knife, ??? Who in there right mind would carry a knife ???

I know a few things annoy us here, but it ain't worth confronting any of them, you just never know.....

What? You want Thais to start shooting kids in school? And bombing innocent civilians in countries far away? Thais kill and injure a lot less people than Americans.

Dont be a silly boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you understand Irony, joke and pisstake lol

Seeing more and more rage incidents. Yesterday, saw a guy on a motorcycle stop a pickup with two ladies in the middle of the street, very aggressive toward them, shouting and telling them to open the windows.

What is also disturbing is getting a massage from a butcher ..... bah.gif No offence to butchers, but I have seen the hygienic practices that abound here bah.gif .

• Like 1

MUCH more to this story than meets the eye. First, the guy is no serious cyclist. Second, and to a prior post, wearing sunglasses so late..., guessing he's cycling back to a friend's place on a "borrowed" bike after pounding more than a few. Third, not that it's proper on either end but I can only imagine the adrenal rush from the American after being struck followed by words stated that he now regrets. The Thai guy...., let's give him a bit of a break pending better news...., everyone has a breaking point.

No references to pushing shoving or other physical activity but were I on a corner close by I could just about guarantee the American was physical.

My .02

• Like 1

This incident is a product of the area. There are high tensions in Pattaya along with the general fact that its congested with rude loud obnoxious tourists. The American should have just shrugged it off. Why cuss and yell and agitate it. Road rage happens everywhere in the world. I know if this had happened to me in the states I would have road on my way off why blow up at a Thai. You are on a bike. This happens all the time.

I find that calmly saying "Ba ba bor bor" (you crazy bugger!) whilst shaking your head is usually enough to get the message across. In Asia you have to cause the offender to lose face as shouting does not have the intended effect. For example, when you see somebody smoking in a non-smoking area, who is clearly pissing everybody off, it is usually sufficient to say "We don't mind if you committ suicide but please don't take us with you!" The crowd then laughs at the offender who loses face and usually stubs out his cigarette in embarrassment.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I carry a knife with me everyday. Have done for the last 40 odd years. Obviously don't take it on planes with me, but will have one available at my destination place of work. Habitual I suppose.

He is a butcher after all, but the question would be what would he want with one doing massages?

To be clear, I don't carry a knife for self protection or to cause injury to others.

...or human beings...?

Well it happened at 10:30pm and it looks like Daniel still has his shades on there in ER, so maybe he didn't see Prasit coming?

Funny no mention whether or not the American was drunk on his cycle.That could have been a cause for frustration if wandering on the road------- just a point