Central Pattaya knife attack leaves American seriously injured

webfact

I don't know if it was referred to in a previous post but was the force from the impact enough to cause the cyclist fall off?

I can't help thinking this event could have all played out so differently if the cyclist had not been aggressive about it.

Even if he hadn't fallen off it would have paid him to play the victim rather than be confrontational. Thai’s don't understand the mechanics of a bicycle -most have zero interest in them at all. So the cyclist could have made a big drama that a vital part of bicycle had been damaged and that it would need repair hinting that he wanted some compensation. And if that didn't work the cyclist could have insisted on the motorcyclist waiting while he called the police while in the meantime taking a photograph of the licence plate of the motorbike and asking for his full name and address etc.

I doubt very much if acting that way would have resulted in a stabbing as long as the cyclist didnt lose his cool.

From another post, "Do you know the facts? No. Have you already concocted a story, fabricated 'facts', and blamed the victim? Yes."

I think you have.

1. You don't know the victim was aggressive. 2. How would the victim have insisted the guy stabbing him wait for the police? 3. Ask a guy with a knife for his full name and address?

Stick to the facts. Tell us what you know? The OP, "Mr. Daniel O’Neill from America was reportedly on his bicycle and was struck by Khun Prasit who was conducting a U-turn maneuver... angry words were exchanges which enraged Khun Prasi... He produced a knife and attacked the American"

Where does it say the victim was aggressive? You made that up.

Edited by thailiketoo

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it was referred to in a previous post but was the force from the impact enough to cause the cyclist fall off?

I can't help thinking this event could have all played out so differently if the cyclist had not been aggressive about it.

Even if he hadn't fallen off it would have paid him to play the victim rather than be confrontational. Thai’s don't understand the mechanics of a bicycle -most have zero interest in them at all. So the cyclist could have made a big drama that a vital part of bicycle had been damaged and that it would need repair hinting that he wanted some compensation. And if that didn't work the cyclist could have insisted on the motorcyclist waiting while he called the police while in the meantime taking a photograph of the licence plate of the motorbike and asking for his full name and address etc.

I doubt very much if acting that way would have resulted in a stabbing as long as the cyclist didnt lose his cool.

How long have you been In Thailand?, it says in your profile a couple of years,during that period have you been asleep.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If you conduct an illegal maneuver and don't pull it off and at the same time cause a collision, you should accept a bit of criticism. However with the Thai male, there is no right or wrong, only "you cannot complain me" I'll resort to ultra violence. So Thai's are above reproach, they are so perfect that they cannot be criticised?

This is a real social problem here in addition, some of their driving skills out there are horrendous.

Hope the assailant goes to prison for a long time .Perhaps he can rekindle his massage skills inside. Nasty piece of work.

Yes unfortunately its just not Thais that have that attitude its general across Asia it seems there like that.(exception maybe Singapore)(There little Lyon symbol with "Let Courtesy Show Wherever You Go") I use to have a car and a motor cycle when i lived in Malaysia but sold both in the end and preferred to take the bus,(much safer and a lot less stressful) they have no road courtesy at all,they run the lights cut into your lane from the left, don't use signals and if you show any anger or annoyance to there bad road manners,they want to kill you has its all about saving there face.

If you conduct an illegal maneuver and don't pull it off and at the same time cause a collision, you should accept a bit of criticism. However with the Thai male, there is no right or wrong, only "you cannot complain me" I'll resort to ultra violence. So Thai's are above reproach, they are so perfect that they cannot be criticised?

This is a real social problem here in addition, some of their driving skills out there are horrendous.

Hope the assailant goes to prison for a long time .Perhaps he can rekindle his massage skills inside. Nasty piece of work.

Yes unfortunately its just not Thais that have that attitude its general across Asia it seems there like that.(exception maybe Singapore)(There little Lyon symbol with "Let Courtesy Show Wherever You Go") I use to have a car and a motor cycle when i lived in Malaysia but sold both in the end and preferred to take the bus,(much safer and a lot less stressful) they have no road courtesy at all,they run the lights cut into your lane from the left, don't use signals and if you show any anger or annoyance to there bad road manners,they want to kill you has its all about saving there face.

I have driven in many Western countries that are plagued by road rage and one assumes in Houston it is not about saving face. I would suggest it is about those who are mentally ill all over the world and Asia has no monopoly on those.

• Like 1

I just noticed this incident being linked in here.

I was recently in short holiday in Patts as i moved back to europe.

True story:

At time of this incident i was in Witherspoon next to Oasis and so was Mr O´Neill.

And was NOT acting as a normal punter.

A: before entering he was talking to himself in buakhao.

B.after entering did not order any kind of drink.(owner looked happy)

C.started talking with closest falang(place was almost empty at the time) and wanted to take him and some girls in to the beach,remember clock was over ten.

D.He was not drunk in my opinion,i suspect drugs or meds.

E.After finally leaving everyone started to talk that thank god he left and voila,2min later he gets stabbed.

True story:

At time of this incident i was in Witherspoon next to Oasis and so was Mr O´Neill.

C.started talking with closest falang(place was almost empty at the time) and wanted to take him and some girls in to the beach,remember clock was over ten.

E.After finally leaving everyone started to talk that thank god he left and voila,2min later he gets stabbed.

In other words he was a total nut job.

True story:

He may have been a nut job, or not, they main point you should be addressing is did it warrant a stabbing,

personally I think not.

True story:

He may have been a nut job, or not, they main point you should be addressing is did it warrant a stabbing,

personally I think not.

As there was no damage to him or his bike I would have said "mai pen rai krap, mai mee ben har" and moved on. He took it upon himself to get into a verbal confrontation, he made the wrong choice and outcome was distrastrous. He made the wrong choice.

True story:

For me yes,he was a timebomb,owner of bar moved closer to he's back and was checking him 100% of time.

As a younger man i used to part-time as bouncer,he was those people who you do not let in.

And im not surprised that thai man used knife,he is fairly big fellow,when he was in bar i thought what i can do if he lose it in there.

In Australia you frequently see news reports of people being rammed, having their cars physically smashed by people when they can't get away, followed and assaulted in their own homes, even shot at. Many have just made a small mistake and sometimes they don't even know what they have done to enrage these people. Humans are basically the same everywhere. Now there must be some reason why so many foreigners want to holiday and live in Thailand. If they want to behave how they do in there own country, and complain why Thai people are "so different", then why don't they just stay home. All problems solved.

Lets include the usa in this too. The funny thing is you don't really see too many ppl here going oh Americans or ozzies have such small man complexes but yet they would describe Thais or rather non farang in such a way. I read before that te majority of ppl in the usa for example are in jail for violent offenses that started out as a small thing just like the incident in this thread. Some accident and then one party produces a weapon and the other party gets seriously injured. This type of thing is very common in western countries. So I suppose farangs have small man complexes