Facility opened in Myanmar to handle private jets

DagonKhan

Facility opened in Myanmar to handle private jets
30240306-01_big.jpg

A charter-flight jet parks at Yangon International Airport.

The Myanmar MJets Business Aviation Centre (MMBAC) was unveiled at Yangon International Airport yesterday to take advantage of the rising demand for chartered flights and private jets in the country.

The centre will not only fill a gap but elevate Myanmar's aviation industry into the next chapter of development and modernisation, said Ohn Myint, founder and chief executive of Wah Wah, a family-run enterprise that has a 50-per-cent stake in the business.

Continues here:- http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Facility-opened-in-Myanmar-to-handle-private-jets-30240306.html

• Like 1

Nice one, I can see there being a lot of demand for this kind of thing in the future.  We're also looking at getting private jet access into Kawthaung again later this year.

We used to be able to do it, but haven't been lucky in the past 2 years

My Gulfstream G650 is not available until 2015.  Will have to wait to try their new facility out. tongue.png

Seems Myanmar is becoming a bit of a rich man's spot.  Some of the prices for rent and housing is scary expensive.

• Like 1

My Gulfstream G650 is not available until 2015.  Will have to wait to try their new facility out. tongue.png

Seems Myanmar is becoming a bit of a rich man's spot.  Some of the prices for rent and housing is scary expensive.

Can't say I'm type rated on any Gulfstreams, but I'll happily fly it for you anyway.  Can't be that different to the last aircraft I flew giggle.gif   

Some of the prices for rent and housing is scary expensive.

People can find good accommodation at a better price if they are prepared to move a little further away, no different to any other city anywhere else in the world. Problem is that many are not prepared to do that. But yes, if you're going to compare like for like with somewhere like Bangkok, then Yangon is expensive, but cheaper than Luanda in Angola...tongue.png

• Like 1

Mjets establishes base in Yangon

TTR Weekly, YANGON, 14 August 2014: MJETS Business Aviation Centre recently introduced  services at Yangon International Airport, mainly  private jet flights chartered by company CEOs visiting the country.

It is a joint venture between a Myanmar family trading firm and MJets founder, William Heinecke and business partners. Mjets is a Bangkok-based private jet firm that owns fleet of executive jets that it charters out to companies throughout Asia.

The Yangon centre hopes to capitalise on the growing demand for private jets flying to Myanmar. They are often used for emergency evacuation purposes when people are too sick to go by land or by commercial aircraft. 

The evacuation flights usually go to the nearest destination with internationally recognised hospitals. Bangkok is one of the destinations.