Kl Visa run for those interested

Good report and KL isn't a bad place for an overnight either.

In the meantime, over in Vientiane....

attachicon.gifvien002.jpg

No need to ask what the poor people are doing then.

actually may i ask, what are these people doing there? And who take this picture? Because some look a little bit too young to be expat or teacher, or even visa runner!

I got tourist visa 1 months ago, traveled from Surat Thani by flight (and custom officers were not really friendly they told that if i return back w/o proper visa they will give me only 7 days). Landed in KL, spend here few days then traveled to Penang and applied to visa here w/o any problems. Flight back from KL to Surat again.

Edited by istinspring

I got tourist visa 1 months ago, traveled from Surat Thani by flight (and custom officers were not really friendly they told that if i return back w/o proper visa they will give me only 7 days). Landed in KL, spend here few days then traveled to Penang and applied to visa here w/o any problems. Flight back from KL to Surat again.

My friend told me those who were denied in KL banded together and headed to Penang.

Good report and KL isn't a bad place for an overnight either.

In the meantime, over in Vientiane....

attachicon.gifvien002.jpg

No need to ask what the poor people are doing then.

actually may i ask, what are these people doing there? And who take this picture? Because some look a little bit too young to be expat or teacher, or even visa runner!

It was the +350m long conga-line to get into the Thai Embassy in Vientiane to apply for a visa. Apparently there was only 2 counters open and the whole affair took about 10 hours... just to submit the application.

Edited by NanLaew

My friend told me those who were denied in KL banded together and headed to Penang.

Yes, i heard reports that it's difficult in KL, so i decided to apply in Penang.

• Like 1

To get a tourist visa is easy in KL but to get an education visa it is not very easy at all from what I have read. I took an early flight and arrived at the embassy around 11am. The wait time to be served was a whole 30 seconds, had to make them wait while I filled out the form followed by a 20 minute wait while they processed the form and I was then asked to pay.

Kl really is an amazing place, Easy enough to get a tourist visa and so many great places to shop not to mention 5 star hotels at very cheap rates.

Kl is my preferred place for visa runs. Great food choices, excellent clothes shopping for larger western sizes in good brands, and although a little dearer than Thailand there are still plenty of well priced hotel options.

Embassy in KL must be hit and miss for being crowded though - I breezed through last month on a Friday morning with only 8 other people waiting at opening time.

• Like 1

I was in Vientiane two weeks ago to get my wife an Ed visa after being refused anything in KL . I saw the huge lines and grabbed an agent , the only way to go as far as I am concerned . Waiting at the pool was nice . Had a great agent too , delivered to the hotel pool the next day .clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif