Thai Embassy Ho Chi Minh Non-O Visa experience

Getting Non-O for my 2 daughters 8 years old and 14 years old, we decided to get the visa for my 8 year old before the rules changes again and before my daughter turns 15 years old in 3 weeks, I was told by immigration when we left for Bangkok while sorting out their overstays ( NO PENALTIES below 15), she said the rules have changed and they "might" penalize the parents as the parents should be responsible of their children's visa, so we decided to get one for my 8 year old too. Anyway applying for Visa at the Thai embassy Ho Chi Minh is like a walk in the park, we took the first flight to HCM from Bangkok arrived at 9.30 we arrive at the embassy at 11.00, showed all documents and they didn't even bother to look at everything (i forgot to sign my documents, work permit passport etc.) Paid 160 U$ and said to come back tomorrow at 1.30pm, we were out of the embassy by 11.30 just in time for lunch. We got their passports following day with out a problem. The embassy was so the opposite of the other embassies I have been to which were so crowded thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif clap2.gif

• Like 2

Interesting alternative.

First flight with AirAsia from DMK is 7:45h.

Return ticket starting at about 2000 Baht in August.

Whats the price for the visa to Vietnam?

What airline did you fly to Ho Chi Ming (the airport code is still SGN [Saigon])?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yes, that would be a consulate in Ho Chi Minh. The embassy is in Hanoi, like all foreign nations embassies' offices. 

Visa for Vietnam is $15-17 online, which gives you an emailed letter in a couple of days, which you take to the Visa on Arrival window at SGN airport, where your passport will get a full page visa and stamp for an additional $45. Yes, takes up 2 bloody passport pages, Vietnam not tuned into the stamp visa yet (though it is said to be coming, maybe).

I've done many visa runs to HCMC.  The city is great for some fun, and the Thai Consulate staff there have never given me any grief. 

Of course, due to my personal circumstances, that may change in the near future, but HCMC is/was a great visa run for me.

Edited by NamKangMan

Yes, that would be a consulate in Ho Chi Minh. The embassy is in Hanoi, like all foreign nations embassies' offices. 

Visa for Vietnam is $15-17 online, which gives you an emailed letter in a couple of days, which you take to the Visa on Arrival window at SGN airport, where your passport will get a full page visa and stamp for an additional $45. Yes, takes up 2 bloody passport pages, Vietnam not tuned into the stamp visa yet (though it is said to be coming, maybe).

Vietnam used to give a 12 month multi-entry tourist visa, similar to Cambodia's 12 month multi-entry business visa.  It could also be extended from within the country, but they have recently stopped that, unfortunately, and now it's a 3 months multi-entry tourist visa, but it can still be extended within the country.