Snap search upholds Phuket prison 'white' status

webfact

Snap search upholds Phuket prison ‘white’ status
Darawan Naknakhon

1407481339_1-org.jpg
Prison officers with the contraband items confiscated from inmates this morning.

PHUKET: -- Phuket Provincial Prison officers and Health Department officials conducted a snap search of all cells this morning (August 8), consicating a number of contraband items and finding one inmate who tested positive for drugs.

Prison director Rapin Nichanon and his guards launched the raid at 5:30am, searching both male and female cells.

They seized two box cutters, a pair of scissors, a file and 10 belts. All of these will be destroyed.

Health Department official also randomly screened 200 of the 2,890 inmates for drug use. One convict was positive in the urine test.

Officials said that the positive test sample came from an inmate who had come into the jail just four days ago, and admitted that he had taken crystal methamphetamine just before the police arrested him.

Mr Rapin said, “To preserve our ‘White Prison’ [trouble free] status” we will continue to conduct snap searches once or twice a month, with no warning.

“If we find evidence that friends or relatives of inmates are bringing contraband into the prison, the inmates will be punished and the outside perpetrators will be arrested and charged under the law.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/snap-search-upholds-phuket-prison-%E2%80%98white%E2%80%99-status-47755.php

[pn]2014-08-08[/pn]

The small pair of scissors in the photo are not for nails, but, it got me thinking.  As someone who has never "done time" - how does an inmate cut their toes nails?

Or, do you just rip them off when they are long enough?

Serious question. 

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

The small pair of scissors in the photo are not for nails, but, it got me thinking.  As someone who has never "done time" - how does an inmate cut their toes nails?

Serious question. 

They got plenty of time to learn the art of nailbiting

Serious question. 

No problem for the fingers, but it would take some serious yoga practice for toenail biting. biggrin.png

Serious question. 

Serious answer!   Ever heard of nail clippers!

Serious question. 

No problem for the fingers, but it would take some serious yoga practice for toenail biting. biggrin.png

After a while of bending over it shouldn't be too difficult! Probably end up with asian style eyes too!

• Like 1

Serious question. 

Serious answer!   Ever heard of nail clippers!

I thought nail clippers were banned on flights now.  If so, wouldn't they be banned in a gaol?

I love the10 belts "exposed" on the table,  good luck they found them, you realise not one belt but 10 of them, scary!  facepalm.gif

Strange they never found one mobile phone, since a lot of the big criminals are still running their operations from inside gaols in Thailand. 

• Like 1

Serious question. 

After a while of bending over it shouldn't be too difficult! Probably end up with asian style eyes too!

Post of the day Mudcrab.  Funny as fuck. smile.png

So, we have Thai prisons trying to become "white" - while their farang inmates are becoming Asian.  biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan

Serious question. 

Who said you gotta do your own toes?

Serious question. 

Who said you gotta do your own toes?

I suppose you could have one of your "gaol girls" do your toenail biting for you. :)

• Like 1

Serious question. 

Prisoners are allowed small nailclippers that have no file attached.

Serious question. 

Prisoners are allowed small nailclippers that have no file attached.

Ok. Thankyou for your reply.