Lao woman arrested at Mukdahan border check-point carrying Bt30 million cash

webfact

she must be a customer at one of the 2 banks being investigated for wishy-washy business.solly not today.

Or she brought MR. T's money to his sister.

Why would she need to do that when brother & sister are together in England right now? Even so, why would Yinluck need Thai baht in Laos?  

This could be drug money but it could also be a simple case of attempted theft.

Wouldn't surprise me is she was bolting the course with her bosses money, he checked his account money not there, her phone was turned off and it was him who called the police.

Can't see how anyone else would know she was taking the money home.

Of course it as drug money some small time pusher probably stuck her in, in exchange for leniency.

It's called dishonour among theives. Which was shortned to honour by the crime bosses to fool the idiots into taking the wrap.

Edited by Tanlic

The army wasn't trusting the BIB anywhere 30m baht on their own.  That is one hell of a traffic stop payment.   Two possibilities here.  She should have split into several packs so it didn't all get lost at once.   Maybe she did split it and this is only a part of her stash.  Sounds like a bank tip-off to me..

Likely the proceeds of a drug, luxury timber, human or high-value wildlife trade, all standard business models in Lao that violate international regulations and Agreements that the country is party to but ironically attract official government tax.  

For example, the links between Lao, Thailand and South Africa involving rhino horn trade and human trafficking is fascinating and the subject of a recent book by Julian Rademayer.  The trade could not happen without the Thai and Lao middlemen, and this woman may be one of them.

Probable best guess so far.

she must be a customer at one of the 2 banks being investigated for wishy-washy business.solly not today.

YOU very likely could be 100% correct...................   I hope you are right and they confiscate it all...................... I think now 'too late' for tea-money (it will go into the Govt. hands and be shared by the 'higher-ups'.................

Sounds to me like another police photo op to make us think that the cops do anything except take tea money....it's a bit like the mountains of yaba they keep finding, each one looks suspiciously like the last 'find'...I suspect it is the same drugs being photographed over and over again.

What seems to be the problem? She probably had been working as a made for a couple of months and got good salary, I don't see any problem with that.

Or maybe she was a mule for the Laos drug syndicate.coffee1.gif

BT30.000.000 is US$20,000--------- what sort of rate of exchange is that?????

You read all?

"Police then charged her of trying to take out - more than US$20,000 from the country without permission."

"But the authorities did not believe Ms Matapon and informed her that under Thai law a person could take

- not more than

Bt500,000 out of Thailand each time."

No exchange rate mentioned. blink.png 

Dear rich Laotian woman,

Oh never mind, it's not you who lost the cash.  Can you forward this to the rich wife of the family that had to move 30 million baht for them?  Thanks.  Tell her I am single, well can be single.  I'm kidding, I cannot be bought for a measly 30 million baht!!!   I'm kidding again, of course I can be.  Sin sot for my family is 29 million baht, but don't worry they will give it back to you after the appropriate time.  Can you buy me a few homes in America, and sorry I can't put her name on the title.  but tell her I love her very much and not to worry.  

oh, and my parents are very sick.  in hospital now, need money asap

and my son wants a laptop....   

Give the poor girl a break, she has clearly been working in Thailand and is simply taking her life savings home to help grandma

we tried so hard to make everything cool

she wouldn't make that much in PUSSY-LAND.wub.png

told a  mate and got stitched up, should have kept her gob shut.

Damn that selfie! How could she resist though - her 'friends' will love it!

Check her FB account, it will be there - complete with stupid puckered lips and retarded peace sign. laugh.png

Edited by ParadiseLost

Why would she need to do that when brother & sister are together in England right now? Even so, why would Yinluck need Thai baht in Laos?  

In Laos 3 currencies are accepted as legal tender, you can open a bank account in USD, KIP or BAHT, or pay for you local coffee in any of these currencies, its accepted everywhere.. Very handy indeed

See - we told all you Thais that the money would flood out of Thailand along with us foreigners when you cracked down on multiple visa-exempt entries.

Som nam na Thailandtongue.png

But "new" foreigners will always continue buying houses, cars and other useful items for their beloved bar girls. 

Edited by lostinisaan

Think about all the cash that successfully has been transported out of the country so far, before the military finds it.

I doubt anybody is transporting Thai Baht out of the country.

Have you ever heard of money laundering?