Phuket: Man killed in motorcycle collision

Lite Beer

Phuket: Man killed in motorcycle collision

Darawan Naknakhon

1407558894_1.jpg

Aftermath of the fatal accident.

PHUKET: A 45 year-old man was killed in a motorcycle crash after cutting in front of a van last night (August 8) at 9pm.

Pol Lt. Gen Chaliew Taywho rushed to the scene to investigate the accident on Rasadanuson Road near the entrance of Rassada Fire Department.

Upon arrival, police and Kusoldham rescue team found the victim, Winai Luksanawilas, lying next to the van with his motorcycle smashed to pieces nearby.

According to witnesses, Wainai was driving at a high speed when he cut in front of the van attempting to make a sudden turn towards the fire department.

The driver of the van was not injured although his van was left badly damaged. Police have taken him to the station for further questioning.

Following the fatal collision, the victim's body was taken to Vachira Hospital morgue.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-killed-in-motorcycle-collision-on-rasadanuson-road-47763.php

[pn]2014-08-09[/pn]

Yes, the driver is in trouble with red plates after sunset. Quite some damage to the minibus by the m/bike. High speed hit.

He may get a 300 or 500 Baht fine, but that will be it.

Insurance is valid without problems.

Gosh this is the third article I have read today about folks being killed due to high speed driving and careless bad habits, driving here in Thailand is a nightmare, not pleasant at all...

Hence the reason I drive a crap car.... But gets me from A to B ...
  • Like 1

Yes, the driver is in trouble with red plates after sunset. Quite some damage to the minibus by the m/bike. High speed hit.

"... the driver is in trouble with red plates after sunset".           In view of the more relevant and serious part of this report I think the red plate element is hardly an issue.

• Like 1

Thinning the herd.

Fate works it way again.

Don't worry, if this is your day to die, no matter what you do, you will die... so do whatever you want to do.  Otherwise, if not, do whatever you want to do.crazy.gif

We see a commonality here..... huummmm.violin.gif

"Upon arrival, police and Kusoldham rescue team found the victim, Winai Luksanawilas, lying next to the van with his motorcycle smashed to pieces nearby.

According to witnesses, Wainai was driving at a high speed when he cut in front of the van attempting to make a sudden turn towards the fire department."

Please avoid driving at high speeds, in the case of collision, your name may drop a letter due to the huge impact. You have been warned! w00t.gif

So with regards to the accident, who is right and who is wrong? The article seems to put the driver at a negative stance, by using victim for the MC, and police taking the driver for questioning.

It was my idea and the witnesses statement, the MC is wrong? No?

I don't understand, a car make a turn and the motorbike smash to it, how can the damage be on the right side of the car  ???

The car makes the u-turn, so exposing it's right hand side. If the motorbike would try to outpace the car and pass it on the righthand side but fail, it would hit the right frontside of the car.

• Like 1

I don't understand, a car make a turn and the motorbike smash to it, how can the damage be on the right side of the car  ???

The car makes the u-turn, so exposing it's right hand side. If the motorbike would try to outpace the car and pass it on the righthand side but fail, it would hit the right frontside of the car.

What u-turn?? The bike turned in front of the van which was going straight ahead..

The damage to the van in second pic on Phuket News clearly shows that it received a front right side impact

What u-turn?? The bike turned in front of the van which was going straight ahead..

The damage to the van in second pic on Phuket News clearly shows that it received a front right side impact

Ask the poster, I was just responding to his post.

Ask the poster, I was just responding to his post.

I was responding to the poster and you..you gave an explanation of what didn't happen happened ..why didn't you query what he said?