Removal of Beach Chairs on Hua Hin Beaches

glamont002

Say goodbye to your sun chair, umbrella and cold drink because there is new sheriff in town.

Whenever I hear this kind of complaining, I chock it up to pure selfishness. I want what I want. I don't care about the ecological impact of what I do.

They're insane for taking away my sun chair!!! What about the tourists? The horror!

The people renting you a chair were operating a business illegally on public land. They were paying the people whose job it was to protect the land (who were turning around and selling it).

I have no empathy for them or you. This is the best thing that ever happened to Thailand. They should be taking out all those structures that have illegally encroached the beaches all along the coast. There are plenty of them in Hua Hin that should and will be coming down. Good riddance. Finally, someone put a stop to the encroachment, the illegal businesses and the corruption.

Sorry buddy. The only thing on the King's beach... sand. Insane, right? biggrin.png

Yeah !! And then they need to further enforce laws and go after all the foreigners holding land illegally with nominees, (and don't forget those who gave their spouses the money to buy land, 'cause that's illegal, too.) And don't stop there, the lady-boy/ girlie bars all need to be shut down, the prostitute buying foreigners arrested, deported and forced to register as sex criminals. [facetious smiley]

Being highly sarcastic, I know but really if the unenforced laws and corruption are to be tackled, might want to be careful what you wish for..

Edited by EBlair48

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it highly amusing those posts arguing passionately for " good corruption " - the kind that benefits their creature comforts.

To tackle all corruption - slash and burn and start with a clean slate (beach) for a few months while the displaced vendors find a new job or go home.

Then introduce regulated minimal "services" on a transparent basis (with continuing military oversight if necessary) with the licence fees going to lifeguard services, beach cleaning and parking access.

P.S.

If they can do it on Phuket they can do it anywhere.

As they follow the money more corrupt officials are being exposed higher up the money tree without a pathway to buy their way out

Sorry if I am misreading your post, but no officials on Phuket are being charged for allowing the encroachment. A vice mayor in Kata Beach has been charged with some taxi related charges and that is it.

Coinciding with the first week of summer, a study published today underscores the importance of getting adequate amounts of sunlight for its vitamin D-boosting benefits. The research, published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, shows that those with the lowest vitamin D levels have more than double the risk of dying from heart disease and other causes over an eight-year period compared with those with the highest vitamin D levels. The researchers cite "decreased outdoor activity" as one reason that people may become deficient in vitamin D. Another recent study found an increased risk of heart attacks in those with low vitamin D levels.

In the winter, it's impossible to produce vitamin D from the sun if you live north of Atlanta because the sun never gets high enough in the sky for its ultraviolet B rays to penetrate the atmosphere. But summer is a great time to stock up on the nutrient. When the sun's UV-B rays hit the skin, a reaction takes place that enables skin cells to manufacture vitamin D. If you're fair skinned, experts say going outside for 10 minutes in the midday sun—in shorts and a tank top with no sunscreen—will give you enough radiation to produce about 10,000 international units of the vitamin. Dark-skinned individuals and the elderly also produce less vitamin D, and many folks don't get enough of the nutrient from dietary sources like fatty fish and fortified milk.

The government's dietary recommendations are 200 IUs a day up to age 50, 400 IUs to age 70, and 600 IUs over 70. But many experts believe that these recommendations are far too low to maintain healthful vitamin D levels. They advocate for supplementation in the winter of about 2,000 IUs per day and a dose of daily sunshine in the summer.

The sunshine vitamin may protect against a host of diseases, including osteoporosis, heart disease, and cancers of the breast, prostate, and colon. What's more, sunlight has other hidden benefits—like protecting against depression, insomnia, and an overactive immune system.

Given all the upsides of basking at least briefly in the summer sun, many experts now worry that public-health messages warning about skin cancer have gone overboard in getting people to cover up and seek the shade. U.S.News got in touch with Robyn Lucas, an epidemiologist at Australian National University who led a study published in the February issue of the International Journal of Epidemiology. Her finding: Far more lives are lost to diseases caused by a lack of sunlight than to those caused by too much.post-202056-14084563258552_thumb.jpg

Coinciding with the first week of summer, a study published today underscores the importance of getting adequate amounts of sunlight for its vitamin D-boosting benefits. The research, published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, shows that those with the lowest vitamin D levels have more than double the risk of dying from heart disease and other causes over an eight-year period compared with those with the highest vitamin D levels. The researchers cite "decreased outdoor activity" as one reason that people may become deficient in vitamin D. Another recent study found an increased risk of heart attacks in those with low vitamin D levels.

In the winter, it's impossible to produce vitamin D from the sun if you live north of Atlanta because the sun never gets high enough in the sky for its ultraviolet B rays to penetrate the atmosphere. But summer is a great time to stock up on the nutrient. When the sun's UV-B rays hit the skin, a reaction takes place that enables skin cells to manufacture vitamin D. If you're fair skinned, experts say going outside for 10 minutes in the midday sun—in shorts and a tank top with no sunscreen—will give you enough radiation to produce about 10,000 international units of the vitamin. Dark-skinned individuals and the elderly also produce less vitamin D, and many folks don't get enough of the nutrient from dietary sources like fatty fish and fortified milk.

The government's dietary recommendations are 200 IUs a day up to age 50, 400 IUs to age 70, and 600 IUs over 70. But many experts believe that these recommendations are far too low to maintain healthful vitamin D levels. They advocate for supplementation in the winter of about 2,000 IUs per day and a dose of daily sunshine in the summer.

The sunshine vitamin may protect against a host of diseases, including osteoporosis, heart disease, and cancers of the breast, prostate, and colon. What's more, sunlight has other hidden benefits—like protecting against depression, insomnia, and an overactive immune system.

Given all the upsides of basking at least briefly in the summer sun, many experts now worry that public-health messages warning about skin cancer have gone overboard in getting people to cover up and seek the shade. U.S.News got in touch with Robyn Lucas, an epidemiologist at Australian National University who led a study published in the February issue of the International Journal of Epidemiology. Her finding: Far more lives are lost to diseases caused by a lack of sunlight than to those caused by too much.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1408456325.158580.jpg

Yeah right, blah blah blah. Do you really need some government to instruct you for how to live your life? Do you really believe all the bullshit they spout, most of it politically or economically motivated, which changes and contradicts itself by the day? If so you've already lost the plot.
Lighten up, kill your television, tune out the BS, and enjoy life. Your government wants to keep you paranoid so you don't feel bad about paying stupid taxes on everything. And don't doubt they're devising plans to be taxing sunlight as a vitamin D tax soon enough!

ISabia , I not believe anyone but do get my blood tested yearly for this important vitamin / hormone d3 and suggest you do also and not leave it to chance ? Instead of telling your story perhaps investigate and be grateful you live in a country that any hospital can check your blood for this vitamin easy and so cheap . If one is below 30 ( and most are ) taking a d3 supplement or getting more sun can bring it up and you can test again after lifestyle change and supplements . Many cognitive diseases are linked to this deficiency that are easily resolved with simple BloodWork . Enjoy your day and the sun just avoid harmful midday rays but morning and afternoon sun extremely healthy and so is a beach free of clutter and hustlers ?post-202056-14084765385258_thumb.jpg