Which cooking oil to use?

KVJ

How can you say Olive Oil is too expensive when its you and your families health?

Olive oil is the best way to cook, it scrubs the arteries and keeps a healthy heart.

For each 1 L bottle of olive oil I don't buy here, I can buy 2 bottles back home. So, you see, I am actually getting more of the desired effect smile.png

How did you work that out? If your here in Thailand eating food with cheap cooking oil in it, you are actually slowly killing yourself. Good luck with your stupid plan. Please report your blood pressure and cholesterol results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

There are many cooking oils which provide nutrition and vitamins to health. Sunflower Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Canopy Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Peanut Oil, Soyabean Oil, Canola Oil, Flaxseed Oil, and Almond Oil all these oils are best cooking oils, they provide essential nutrients and vitamins to the body which helps to reduce cholesterol level, helps to reduce blood pressure, maintain our skin and hair healthy.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2014 at 7:51 AM, Lite Beer said:

Light Olive Oil if you can afford it.

From what I have read Canola Oil is the next best option and not too expensive.

http://authoritynutrition.com/canola-oil-good-or-bad/

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/canola-oil

Actually, canola oil = rapeseed oil is better than olive oil. And olive oil is not good for frying as mentioned above.  Furthermore, the olive oil you can get in Thailand is very poor quality. 

Canola oil is easily available in Thailand  (BigC, Lotus, Tops).

Coconut oil is very unhealthy. 

Palm oil is basically a slow acting poison.

Edited by uhuh

the selection of the oil to use for cooking has a lot to do with the food that yer preparing...for recipes that call for a 'neutral' flavored oil (like most curries) I always go with safflower, a bit more expensive but available everywhere...other preparations call for olive oil (regular, not extra virgin that doesn't handle the heat well, better for dressings and the like) and then there is sesame oil which is popular in a lot of asian cuisine but ye gotta be careful not to use too much as then the entire thing tastes of sesame, best used in a mixture...not sure about he nutritional benefit of sesame oil...

when in doubt use butter, always a good result...

• Like 1