BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
dereklev

Virus In Korat

Pnusted can you keep me posted when you hear more around Srisaket, I have family and kids, 15 km east (Ban Nong Kheang) from the city. :o

Diddlysquat

Thanks and yes he didnt speak to her about that at all, it was something referring to mosqitos and ill try to write it here later in thailish of course.

kailuetchoch or something similar, isnt easy to write when you almost cannot prononce it.

The kids are ok and coffin abit running noses, same as all kids down the road.

Today shopping at surin tesco, bigc and makro i feel sorry for my self and my creditcards.

Cheers

Pnusted can you keep me posted when you hear more around Srisaket

The deaths were around Prang Khu 2/3 weeks ago. Since then there has been a heightened awareness in the villages from health workers. The only potentially related death I am aware of since is of an old lady who appeared to have been suffering from a fever.

I am currently visiting Sisaket Hospital every day and will keep my ears open.

pnustedt and farangnoi

The main worry around your area at the moment appears to be Dengue. The province has the second highest number of cases; I believe currently around 700.

Diddlysquat

Thanks and yes he didnt speak to her about that at all, it was something referring to mosqitos and ill try to write it here later in thailish of course.

kailuetchoch or something similar, isnt easy to write when you almost cannot prononce it.

The kids are ok and coffin abit running noses, same as all kids down the road.

Today shopping at surin tesco, bigc and makro i feel sorry for my self and my creditcards.

Cheers

Glad to hear the kids are ok goofy.

Maybe he was warning her of Dengue Fever which is always a problem in the rainy season and supposedly the mosquitoes are more active this year.

I know what you mean about feeling sorry for yourself and your credit cards! :D !

Please don't take this in the wrong way as I know English is not your native language...

It is coughing that your kids are doing.

Coffin is what people are buried in.... :o:D

It all suggested that you know as much as your login name suggests!!

If a paediatrician I trust and respect confirms there is a virral outbreak and they are treating it as an Enterovirus then that is good enough for me.

I could not care less whether you believe what I say or not.

Dereklev,

You are correct. I do know diddlyquat about this matter. So help me.

Did your sons Doctor say there had been a number of deaths from an unknkonown virus in Korat city hospitals.

If YES, can you give his name and location so I can speak to the school my relatives attend so if they don't believe me I can refer them to the doctor?

Put yourself in my shoes. Do I go to a school privincipal and say a farang on a web forum says his pediatrician says such and such and I want you to act now. I wonder what reaction I would get.

The deaths were around Prang Khu 2/3 weeks ago. Since then there has been a heightened awareness in the villages from health workers. The only potentially related death I am aware of since is of an old lady who appeared to have been suffering from a fever.

This is what puzzles me. There have been a high number of deaths from Dengue this season and it is public knowledge. Potentially heads could roll because the government has committed the health ministry and local officials to start programmes to control it (a massive programme to which I doubt sufficient resources have been allocated by central govt). You could understand if there was a cover up.

If there have been a cluster of deaths from an unknown virus,where no-one is going to be blamed, why restrict the knowledge to one or two farangs.

kai luat ok (kailuetchoch

is dengue fever (fever (kai) blood (luat) out (ok)) i.e. hemoragge fever = dengue

kai luat ok (kailuetchoch

is dengue fever (fever (kai) blood (luat) out (ok)) i.e. hemoragge fever = dengue

Kai Luat owk is hemorrhagic dengue a more serious form of dengue, often fatal.

This is what puzzles me. There have been a high number of deaths from Dengue this season and it is public knowledge. Potentially heads could roll because the government has committed the health ministry and local officials to start programmes to control it (a massive programme to which I doubt sufficient resources have been allocated by central govt). You could understand if there was a cover up.

If there have been a cluster of deaths from an unknown virus,where no-one is going to be blamed, why restrict the knowledge to one or two farangs.

Its not one or two farangs, quite a few of us have heard the same information from separated sources. I was talking to a group of Thais last night, all of whom are shop owners around the Yamo site. They too had heard about it and one who has a young child was advice not to take her child to nursery.

This information was posted here part to warn parents who had young children and part to see if others had received similar information. It was not posted to impress people or to scare them.

Edited by mpdkorat

It all suggested that you know as much as your login name suggests!!

If a paediatrician I trust and respect confirms there is a virral outbreak and they are treating it as an Enterovirus then that is good enough for me.

I could not care less whether you believe what I say or not.

Dereklev,

You are correct. I do know diddlyquat about this matter. So help me.

Did your sons Doctor say there had been a number of deaths from an unknkonown virus in Korat city hospitals.

If YES, can you give his name and location so I can speak to the school my relatives attend so if they don't believe me I can refer them to the doctor?

Put yourself in my shoes. Do I go to a school privincipal and say a farang on a web forum says his pediatrician says such and such and I want you to act now. I wonder what reaction I would get.

Diddlysquat,

I have thought long and hard about your post.....

I am sorry but the Doctor spoke to me in confidence and to give out a name would be betrayal of confidence, something I am not willing to do. They are, IMHO, the best paediatrician in Korat and it is in my son's best interest to be cared for by this Doctor.

As mpdkorat has posted this information has come from many sources and is fast becoming common knowledge with Thais as well.

I have been told I am hysterical, irresponsible and that I am posting to raise a scare...all complete cr*p!!

I am just a concerned father who wants to do the best for my 18 month old son!!

Its not one or two farangs, quite a few of us have heard the same information from separated sources. I was talking to a group of Thais last night, all of whom are shop owners around the Yamo site. They too had heard about it and one who has a young child was advice not to take her child to nursery.

This information was posted here part to warn parents who had young children and part to see if others had received similar information. It was not posted to impress people or to scare them.

Well it looks like the one or two farangs were right after all, and spot on as well. Just look at todays Thai Raith newpaper headlines.

Lets look if you are just as quick to say sorry??

Well it looks like the one or two farangs were right after all, and spot on as well. Just look at todays Thai Raith newpaper headlines.

Lets look if you are just as quick to say sorry??

Translation anyone ?

Diddlysquat

Aha dengue fever had a friend whos mother got it in Koh Lanta 4+5 yrs ago wasnt nice at all she survived but is all beyond contact.

Sorry for the coffin ill save it for a rainy day :D

Shopping was nice and the new Big C was ok, Makro has aswell fixed up their shop.

I think ill go down to Bamboo Bar and slip down some nice beer.

:o