Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2014-2015

naboo

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May I predict that this season we will see a record number of managerial casualties due to the increasing numbers of owners who simply don't understand the game.

Mark Robbins, one,game, must set some sort of record... Of course there is a queue waiting to replace then with David Moyes probably at the head.

Total madness.

Tony Pulis, two days before Crystal Palace's first game of the season.

All about transfers apparently.

yeah maybe, but the more cynical side of me thinks pullis was asking for to much money, remember last year, given palace were without a manager palace signing him took an absolute age

why?, my palace mates reckon he was after the dollar, BIG TIME, so second time around don't suppose he would have wanted less money .

I do wonder whether he's be successful with a decent squad and a decent budget.

Looks like I shipped in my EPL predictions for this weekend too early. Manager of the year and Pulis can't get the owner to pony up a few extra quid for a footballer or two. Madness. Crystal deserve to be mucking around in the Championship.coffee1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hockaday gone at Dirty Leeds, days after their fruitcake owner acknowledged he was at fault himself.

Di Canio in would be interesting.. Haven't seen it anywhere, but I'd like to see the 2 mental Italians work together..

• 2 weeks later...

... and maybe riding off into the sunset or sunshine (my guess would be Florida)! By the time Roy is (next) found out and canned, Harry would be pushing 70

I'll miss his joviality though. "We had to get the team bus back down to London last night" he said "Returning home Manchester United fans had booked all the flights and trains". [not an exact quote - Daily Fail, but wanabee emperor squaddies wont let me see it]

Pardew has obviously got one life left but he should get a result against Hull at home. Can't see WBA getting anything at Spurs, so maybe Irvine will be first.

Nah far 2 soon for Irvine to go,, give him at least until november rolleyes.gif

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29309597

Leeds United appoint Darko Milanic as head coach

"We've been waiting for him about 15 days," he said. "I don't know [why I've chosen him]. Coaches are like watermelons. You find out about them when you open them."

Cellino added: "His particularly qualities? He's good looking, what can I tell you?"

Redfearn, the academy boss, was unbeaten in his four games in charge. I almost feel sorry for Dirty Leeds United supporters.

Russel Slade quits at L'Orient, expected to join Cardiff.

Somehow I don't think this will be as cut and dried as that. Orient refused Cardiff permission to speak to him, so he has tendered his resignation. I'd imagine Orient will be entitled to compensation, should they accept his resignation and he then joins Cardiff.

Archived