Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2014-2015

naboo

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Catch up, Lee Clark gone from Birmingham. how he lasted so long is beyond me. The man has come across like a wet fish, and his team have played like one for a year now, they should be in League One this year. He wasn't even liked at Huddersfield whilst he was getting promoted, spent loads of money and relied on the goals of Jordan Rhodes to make an average team promotion material.

Downside of this is Birmingham might now get a capable manager in and become promotion candidates this year.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29309597

Leeds United appoint Darko Milanic as head coach

"We've been waiting for him about 15 days," he said. "I don't know [why I've chosen him]. Coaches are like watermelons. You find out about them when you open them."

Cellino added: "His particularly qualities? He's good looking, what can I tell you?"

Sacked a month later.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29309597

Leeds United appoint Darko Milanic as head coach

"We've been waiting for him about 15 days," he said. "I don't know [why I've chosen him]. Coaches are like watermelons. You find out about them when you open them."

Cellino added: "His particularly qualities? He's good looking, what can I tell you?"

Sacked a month later.

Good job that Leeds one....paid holiday in the middle of the season?thumbsup.gif

B08sw1GCEAAGPWz.jpg

Gennaro Gattuso, the former Italian midfield hardman, has had a good start to his managerial career.

3 clubs managed in 18 months, first one (Sion) didn't get to 3 months before being sacked, second (Palermo) he was appointed mid-June, then sacked at the end of September with seven points from six games, and his most recent job (OFI Crete) he picked up on the 5th June this year, before quitting yesterday.

He's been in charge of about 25 games in that time.

Back in Blighty, Jose Riga of Blackpool is heading for the chop (not confirmed yet) 4.5 months into his time there. After their summer with 27 players leaving and only 8 outfield players and no goalkeeper on the staff just two weeks before the season kicked off, I'm not sure what he could have done.

Apparently Blackpool want Lee Clark in as his replacement. That's one relegation spot filled then.

Leeds United are sunk without trace with their current boss. "Elland Road chairman Massimo Cellino, a man who once earned himself the nickname 'The Manager Eater' after disposing of no fewer than 36 managers during 22 years in charge of Italian side Cagliari .... Strewth!

• 2 weeks later...

Uwe Rosler has gone at Wigan. Dave Whelan doesn't mess about. Getting beaten by Bolton finished him off. Paul Jewell? Karl Robinson? Gareth Ainsworth?

dave whelan is an appalling &*%£ by the way. dreadful human being.

those of you that are of a gambling persuasion might want to have a wee flutter on diego simeone to be the next manager of man city as it goes.

Greece sacked Claudio Ranieri.

I applaud the Greek Federation. Instead of coming out with the usual... "We wish him well" or "We have had bad luck with injuries" or "parted with mutual consent". The president of the federation said................................"Following the devastating result for the national team, I take full responsibility for the unfortunate choice of the manager.”

giggle.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Catch up....

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink in at Burton Albion (he wasn't much appreciated as a coach at my team Forest, see how this goes, he won his first game).

Uwe Rosler sacked by Wigan, who then hired Malky Mackay leading to some controversy as Mackay is still being investigated by the FA over those text messages at Cardiff. Wigan's owner then went on a bit of an unPC crusade, calling the Chinese 'chinks' and saying Jews are money chasers. Some now believe Mackay to be the perfect fit, after one of his messages was (alleged) to have said "Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers."

Third longest serving Football League manager Mark Yates has been sacked by Cheltenham today.

JFH won his second game too. Burton beat the top 2 in the division (Wycombe & Luton) and it's nice to see a smaller club getting on. There's some big spenders even in League 2. Harking back to a recent previous thread; it's also good to have another black manager in the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Still no manager gone in the Premier League during the season. I've got Alan Irvine down as first man out, but he pulls off a result just when things are looking very dodgy for him. Steve Bruce looks vulnerable, so too Nigel Pearson.

• 2 weeks later...

Pardew going to Palace looks like a done deal.

Sky says it is done.

Bet he'll feel more comfortable out of the Geordie cauldron. They were never really gonna take a Southerner anyway and 5 losses to Sunderland or however many it was was a no-no.

Can't see Palace going down. All prem managers other than Arsene have now been in the job for like a couple of weeks or thereaboutscheesy.gif *

*less than two full seasons I think without looking back at previous research

Sky says it is done.

Bet he'll feel more comfortable out of the Geordie cauldron. They were never really gonna take a Southerner anyway and 5 losses to Sunderland or however many it was was a no-no.

Can't see Palace going down. All prem managers other than Arsene have now been in the job for like a couple of weeks or thereaboutscheesy.gif *

*less than two full seasons I think without looking back at previous research

Off the top of my head, Fat Sam at West Ham is about 31/2 years and Steve Bruce at Hull 21/2 or thereabouts.

They were never really gonna take a Southerner

Yes the Newcastle fans never took to Andy Cole, Les Ferdinand, Rob Lee, Malcolm Macdonald etc... That really is copying the London based media and their boring clichés about deluded Geordies who heaven forbid think they should be slightly more ambitious than finishing mid-table at best, and possibly even buy a centre forward to replace Demba Ba who left 2 years ago.

Im sure Arsenal fans would be overjoyed to get Pardew as their next manager, Dennis Wise running recruitment and Joe Fkinnear as director of football and Tony Jiminez (Wiseys drinking buddy) as Vice President, Christ your lot whine like little glory hunters at a manager who has revolutionised Arsenal by turning them into a billion pound club with a fantastic stadium, getting them in the Champions League every year for 16 years and winning a hell of a lot of trophies.

One thing you can guarantee about Arsenal, Man U or Liverpool is they wouldn't be getting 50,000 fans every week if theyd won sweet FA for almost 50 years.

Yes the Newcastle fans never took to Andy Cole, Les Ferdinand, Rob Lee, Malcolm Macdonald etc... That really is copying the London based media and their boring clichés about deluded Geordies who heaven forbid think they should be slightly more ambitious than finishing mid-table at best, and possibly even buy a centre forward to replace Demba Ba who left 2 years ago.

Im sure Arsenal fans would be overjoyed to get Pardew as their next manager, Dennis Wise running recruitment and Joe Fkinnear as director of football and Tony Jiminez (Wiseys drinking buddy) as Vice President, Christ your lot whine like little glory hunters at a manager who has revolutionised Arsenal by turning them into a billion pound club with a fantastic stadium, getting them in the Champions League every year for 16 years and winning a hell of a lot of trophies.

One thing you can guarantee about Arsenal, Man U or Liverpool is they wouldn't be getting 50,000 fans every week if theyd won sweet FA for almost 50 years.

Fair point - but I think you've aslo stepped into the stereotyping trap, wrongly marking me down as some kind of effete southerner. Raised 50 miles away from St James in sheep $hagger territory, geordie boytongue.png . You ba$tards knicked my scarf when United (Carlisle) beat you in the FA Cup 47 years ago - I want it back

Fair point - but I think you've aslo stepped into the stereotyping trap, wrongly marking me down as some kind of effete southerner. Raised 50 miles away from St James in sheep $hagger territory, geordie boytongue.png . You ba$tards knicked my scarf when United (Carlisle) beat you in the FA Cup 47 years ago - I want it back

Apologies, never realised you're also from an area where they think all southerners are shandy drinking, vegetarian queers. tongue.png

Apologies, never realised you're also from an area where they think all southerners are shandy drinking, vegetarian queers. tongue.png

<waves a thousand baht note at both of you and laughs>

• 1 month later...

Archived