Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2014-2015

naboo

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pearce seems to be just a basically rubbish manager doesn't he?

A legend as a player but the results (after a magnificent start) suggest that you are right.

it happens. we had souness, united legend bryan robson was a laughable manager, roy keane seems pretty useless too. i always think fair play to them for giving it a go rather than sitting and taking easy money sniping from the sky studio but some of them simply aren't cut out for it.

pearce seems to be just a basically rubbish manager doesn't he?

A legend as a player but the results (after a magnificent start) suggest that you are right.

it happens. we had souness, united legend bryan robson was a laughable manager, roy keane seems pretty useless too. i always think fair play to them for giving it a go rather than sitting and taking easy money sniping from the sky studio but some of them simply aren't cut out for it.

Ossie Adiles springs to mind!

Don't know if this got posted in this thread or not, and I can't be ar$ed to look.

But it is getting rather ridiculous.

English football is on course for a record number of managerial sackings, a http://English football is on course for a record number of managerial sackings, a report by the League Managers Association (LMA) has revealed. The LMA has released its "quarterly manager statistics" for the current season, with the figures up to date until Dec. 31 2014. Total dismissals for England's top four divisions for the 2014-15 season stood at 27 at the turn of the year, with five months of the campaign still remaining. PREMIER LEAGUE LATEST - Team of the weekend - Macintosh: Heroes and Villains - Brewin: Arsenal were simply better - Jolly: Cazorla inspires Gunners' win - Delaney: Chelsea take title initiative - Brewin: Subs save Man United - The weekend in pictures - Highlights: All the weekend goals (U.S. only) The document states: "Twenty-seven dismissals to Dec. 31 is a record. Three more than the previous record of 24, set last season." In comparison, the report, which has figures since the 2005-06 term, shows the highest number of sackings in a campaign was in 2006-07 when 46 managers parted company with their clubs. The report adds: "The managers dismissed so far this season have been in post for an average of only 1.04 years."

i don't know if it's gotten dafter in recent times or not. have heard fans of united, liverpool and arsenal on radio phone-in nonsense this season all calling for their managers to go, which is frankly bananas. evertonians seem to be pretty down on martinez too, despite their excellent season last go round.

that said the LMA is a jolly boys club that can <deleted> right off anyway.

Redknapp was given the chance to resign to save face ,the knee bit is a smoke screen. Anyone who has played a lot of football has dodgy knees but they don't creep up on you overnight.

Tony Fernandes appears to be a nice guy.Nice guys shouldn't own football clubs unless they have a football background.

You look at their squad and you see what looks more like a place to retire Ferdinand can't even make the bench ,Shaun Wright Phillips, remember him, likewise, go through the squad half the team is past it or just there for the money.Small revenue income ground,no sponsorship appeal, what were they thinking ?

Today Fernandes and Les Ferdinand are talking about developing their own "hungry" young players well its never too late I guess but they will be doing it in the championship next year and they wont be paying the wages they are now.

Redknapp was given the chance to resign to save face ,the knee bit is a smoke screen. Anyone who has played a lot of football has dodgy knees but they don't creep up on you overnight.

Tony Fernandes appears to be a nice guy.Nice guys shouldn't own football clubs unless they have a football background.

You look at their squad and you see what looks more like a place to retire Ferdinand can't even make the bench ,Shaun Wright Phillips, remember him, likewise, go through the squad half the team is past it or just there for the money.Small revenue income ground,no sponsorship appeal, what were they thinking ?

Today Fernandes and Les Ferdinand are talking about developing their own "hungry" young players well its never too late I guess but they will be doing it in the championship next year and they wont be paying the wages they are now.

Due to FFP restrictions,it might be the Conference for them, if they get relegated and don't stump up 40 million quid, due to posting massive pre tax losses in 2013 and 2014.

Ari left imo for a number of reasons no striker signed in the window, he said he thought qpr would stay up if they signed one, they didnt , so it aint hard to figure out he reckons atm they are going.down and he doesnt want part of that, bung in the health bit plus talk on the new contract seemed be blowing hot and cold,, so what would you do? Wait for the chop? Yeah right Coarse u would. Sherwood's tailor made for them they've already got his team in place, just a matter of crossing the I's and dotting the t's. I reckon he'll be in place for the weekend.

O

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ari left imo for a number of reasons no striker signed in the window, he said he thought qpr would stay up if they signed one, they didnt , so it aint hard to figure out he reckons atm they are going.down and he doesnt want part of that, bung in the health bit plus talk on the new contract seemed be blowing hot and cold,, so what would you do? Wait for the chop? Yeah right Coarse u would. Sherwood's tailor made for them they've already got his team in place, just a matter of crossing the I's and dotting the t's. I reckon he'll be in place for the weekend.

O

From the frying pan to the fire.coffee1.gif

O

Not so sure about that. I think Sherwood is the right sort of appointment. He doesn't believe in spending your way out of trouble and Fernandes doesn't want to spend. They are already one of the favorites for relegation so Sherwood has little to lose and can focus on bringing through youth and moving on Redknapps mercenaries and geriatrics that have been performing so woefully. Its the sort of appointment that could really cement his credibility, something that he didn't really achieve, rightly or wrongly at Spurs.

O

Not so sure about that. I think Sherwood is the right sort of appointment. He doesn't believe in spending your way out of trouble and Fernandes doesn't want to spend. They are already one of the favorites for relegation so Sherwood has little to lose and can focus on bringing through youth and moving on Redknapps mercenaries and geriatrics that have been performing so woefully. Its the sort of appointment that could really cement his credibility, something that he didn't really achieve, rightly or wrongly at Spurs.

They way they play, he'd better get down to Millets and do a bulk buy.

O

More power to Sherwood if he can pull it off Carmine. He struck me has having a poor temperament to be a successful manager, as well as more instances of bad judgement than I can remember. Maybe a smaller club will be less stressful and his judgement will improve. OTOH, fighting off relegation, and QPR's possible lethal financial situation won't present a lessening of stress........Salute !tongue.png

Depends what you call credibilty, whether u like or agree with his tactical decisions his results and stats says he did, unfortunatly he wasnt so good with handling his gob with the media. As for not being a buying manager that'll be tested at qpr, at spurs he had plenty of yoof to bring through. at qpr,, seems.Not so. Atm the way they are talking about making their youth system work makes it sound as though its pretty shit atm. And as someone said b4 if they do go down it could be totally catostropic as i'm sure the fl are just waiting to hammer them 4 the way they blatently ignored the ffp rules.

O

They way they play, he'd better get down to Millets and do a bulk buy.

Nah, he'll be in his element there with all his mates. You couldn't have got a more spivvy,'Roll out the Barra' collection of jack-the-lads at one club if you tried. "Sorry we got beat today Boss, but that last round you got in at the Nag's last night did us all up."

It should never be forgotten that QPR are part owned by someone with enough money to compete with City & Chelsea - if he chooses to. He hasn't yet. QPR could still turn out to be a force in the game. It seems unlikely at the moment, but tomorrow is another day. A new stadium is in the offing and it will be Premier League standard. Just needs a team to match.

It should never be forgotten that QPR are part owned by someone with enough money to compete with City & Chelsea - if he chooses to. He hasn't yet. QPR could still turn out to be a force in the game. It seems unlikely at the moment, but tomorrow is another day. A new stadium is in the offing and it will be Premier League standard. Just needs a team to match.

No way Champers. FFP restrictions mean they would not be able to invest in the same way. Unless they were happy not to play in Europe of course but then what would be the point. FFP is there to keep the smaller teams away from sitting at the big table.

No way Champers. FFP restrictions mean they would not be able to invest in the same way. Unless they were happy not to play in Europe of course but then what would be the point. FFP is there to keep the smaller teams away from sitting at the big table.

I take your point but I don't agree with "no way". Nothing lasts forever, including FFP, and I always contend that money talks. The more there is the louder it talks. Big money sponsors have turned their back on the sport (mainly a FIFA problem, I know) but anyone bringing new money into the sport will be treated generously, IMO. I've always thought that FFP was just plain daft and possibly illegal to boot.

I take your point but I don't agree with "no way". Nothing lasts forever, including FFP, and I always contend that money talks. The more there is the louder it talks. Big money sponsors have turned their back on the sport (mainly a FIFA problem, I know) but anyone bringing new money into the sport will be treated generously, IMO. I've always thought that FFP was just plain daft and possibly illegal to boot.

I agree, if FFP gets the boot. The court case is coming soon and the result will be interesting.

Archived