Thinking Of Selling My Vigo

sinkorswim

I live in Chiang Mai and have a black 3.0 4x4 Auto Vigo with bullbars, window tints, and a top-up back cover (cost 20000 baht) that I may sell if the price is right.

I am not to sure of the second hand value it is just over 1 year old and has 19500km on the clock.

Any advice on selling would be grately appreciated. If interested also feel free to send me a PM.

You could try the 2nd-hand dealers towards TESCO Kamtieng. They won't give you a fair price but what dealer would.

Or, put a pic and advert together and ask bar/restaurant owners to allow you to put on their walls.

Or, advertise in the classifieds of CityLife magazine

Or, torch it and get the insurance - joke!

You could try the 2nd-hand dealers towards TESCO Kamtieng. They won't give you a fair price but what dealer would.

Or, put a pic and advert together and ask bar/restaurant owners to allow you to put on their walls.

you can also post it at bahtsold.com and yello.co.th ...for free.

Or ask at expatmotors.co.th to sell it for you...

the guy who runs chiangmaicar.com is reputable. his family runs two long-established "tents" by talad kamtieng. the usually carry only late model japanese sedans, but would probably be able to give you a fair appraisal of your vigo.

you can also post it at bahtsold.com and yello.co.th ...for free.

Or ask at expatmotors.co.th to sell it for you...

Hey RCM

Hadn't noticed your avatar.... different..... sort of reminds me of the back room at the sex change clinic

:o:D

Depending on which model you purchased.....

Vigo Cab, 3.0G, diesel, manual, 4WD, 731,000 Baht

Vigo, 3.0L, 4WD, 4 door, automatic, 861,000 Baht

Vigo, 3.0L, 4WD, 4 door, manual, 821,000 Baht

you can knock off 100,000 baht.... but your best bet is to contact expat motors and get a realistic price from them...

Depending on which model you purchased.....

Vigo Cab, 3.0G, diesel, manual, 4WD, 731,000 Baht

Vigo, 3.0L, 4WD, 4 door, automatic, 861,000 Baht

Vigo, 3.0L, 4WD, 4 door, manual, 821,000 Baht

you can knock off 100,000 baht.... but your best bet is to contact expat motors and get a realistic price from them...

Thanks for that. I purchased the Vigo, 3.0L, 4WD, 4 door, automatic, 861,000 Baht but I also got 40000bahts worth of extras.

I was thinking along the lines of 780000 to 800000 baht for resale but still not sure I will contact expat motors and see what they say.

Thanks for the input

Still looking for offers if interested.

Getting impatient after only one week? If you're going to price it like a Thai then you must also be prepared to wait like a Thai for the "right" buyer. Hang in there!

After seeking advice and searching the internet for similar cars I have decided to sell at 760000 baht including the extras.

Anyone who may be interested PM me with your email and I will send some pictures.

Knock 25 % off that price and you may have a deal.. Be realistic. Anywhere else in the world 10-15 % get knocked off as soon as she leaves the showroom..

Yess... At 100K off for a one year old car, you might as well buy new and reduce risk.

Don't think you need to knock off 25% from new though. Obviously in one year a car doesn't lose a quarter of its value. I guess 695K would be a sweet spot.

And as for extras, they lose all their value the second you bolt them on. When I bought my car second hand I actually had a lot of that crap removed. Most of the rest just fell off a year later: quality of after-market bling is not quite the same as quality of the main Toyota parts.

When buying new cars I only add stuff that actually adds something functional that I actually use.

Cheers,

Chanchao

It is actually 150000baht cheaper......."anywhere else in the world" We are not anywhere else in the world we are in Thailand. I have been told by expat motors that is what it is worth, he knows more than most "experts" on here. Also there is no risk it still has 2 years free servicing and warranty but you save 150000 baht. Also the extras are the extras that nearly every vigo has, unless you want sun burn and dont want tinted window? except for the top-up back cover as they are not in Chiang Mai I had to go to BKK to get it fitted. If the buyer can pay me in the UK I would accept £10000 which is 690000baht at todays rates........now that is a cheap motor.

Not in any real hurry to sell so I can wait if need be.