Top Charoen Optical, stay away...

Ciocco

i use beautiful optic opposite the hilton. about a month back i took my glasses in for repair and they did the job for free even though the glasses were two years old, i had no receipt and they were purchased from their samui branch. the girl said she recognized the brand as one theirs and didnt need anything else. fixed and returned next day.

who says cant get great service in thailand :)
  • Like 2

Dont see the problem , why should they fix them ?

There a retailer not a repair shop.

They didnt sell them so its up to them.

Guess theyve lost you as a customer but then again they didnt have you as one anyway as you chose to buy your glasses elsewhere anyway before

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 1

Actually I barely heard a positive story about Top Charoen. There is a big source for Thai People who are searching for opinion of help called "Pantip.com" I was disappointed with Top Charoen before. I read on discussion board and barely find a positive threads.

It may depends on location, I assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i use beautiful optic opposite the hilton. about a month back i took my glasses in for repair and they did the job for free even though the glasses were two years old, i had no receipt and they were purchased from their samui branch. the girl said she recognized the brand as one theirs and didnt need anything else. fixed and returned next day.

who says cant get great service in thailand smile.png

This branch has just rebranded to a Top Charoen, but only last week, received good service there too.

In fact, in almost every Top Charoen I've visited the service has always been good. They always seem to have a small army of staff, often wearing short skirts, who can't seem to do enough for you. What's not to like?

I got told that Top Charoen and Beautiful Optical are owned by the same company? No idea if this true or not.

Guess theyve lost you as a customer but then again they didnt have you as one anyway as you chose to buy your glasses elsewhere anyway before

No problem for me also...

in my behaviour a serious optical shop does not just sell glasses, but also make repair.

Why, for me,  they are not serious i already evalued from my previous experience with them, wasting my money for a pair of glasses they was not able to do in the right way (after a few minutes you wear it you start to loose your visual, checked in europe they told me they used junky lenses and wrong focal calculation...).

THIS is why they do not have me as a customer wink.png

It's just to advise people out there that it's possible to find better shops, as i done.

Happy also to know if someone was happy with them of course.

wai2.gif

I always wait until I return to Australia to get new glasses. Once had a pair made up in Bangkok and was unable to read the newspaper. The girl told me I should really give them a try because they looked so nice on me!

• Like 2

I had single vision lenses put in frames I already had here at an optical shop and they turned out ok.  Then at the same shop I tried to get a pair of expensive no line bifocals that transition between clear and sunglasses when you go outside and the really cocked them up and after going back twice were never able to get them right.  The lens grinding and coloring for this type (and maybe all lenses) is done in Bangkok, probably at the same place for all optical shops in the country, so I wouldn't trust any of them for anything except simple single vision lenses.

• Like 1

Went to top charoen for new pair of varifocals, girl who did eye test really didn't have much idea  about testing eyes, but did have a short skirt and a lot of chat, when i asked how much would they cost i was quoted 34000 bht almost 700gbp, what a joke went to specsavers in the UK really exelent eye test and an extea pair of varifocal sun glasses all for 250 gbp, have to agree with the OP Top Charoen not a serious outfit. 

• Like 2

that transition between clear and sunglasses when you go outside ...

I have two pairs of glasses, both made in Hua hin ( one in Time optic , one in KT optic ) ; both have the same caracteristics

progressive lens ( Essilor ) , dark in the sun and normal when come back inside a room  ( sorry, I don't know the technical word  in English ), and also special to work on computers

both pairs are fine , I paid 11-12000 bahts each , so for me, buying complicate glasses in Thailand is very good ( but not in Charoen ), small shop is better than a big chain

Edited by Aforek
  • Like 1

Agree leave these bandits alone . I took some glasses in I purchased from then in Pranburi because the fitting was a bit loose, they took my glasses and when they gave them back to me the lens was cracked, I went ballistic the sales girls did a runner and the shop wanted 14000 to fix glasses that originally cost me 12000 in the same shop. These people are to be left alone , cute chicks in tight fitting pants good to look at but not to deal with,
  • Like 1

Can anyone recommend a good optician in Bangkok please? 

I need to get my eyes tested.  Things are getting a bit blurry.  But i don't fancy visiting Top Charoen, so if anyone can recommend another place that would be great!

Thanks

The OP was not asking for the glasses to be fixed for free

If they offered him good service and reasonable price he might become a customer

How do you think you a business gets new customers and builds their business?

Obvious  you don't run your own business

Edited by frollywolly
  • Like 1

Can anyone recommend a good optician in Bangkok please? 

I need to get my eyes tested.  Things are getting a bit blurry.  But i don't fancy visiting Top Charoen, so if anyone can recommend another place that would be great!

Thanks

You can also have your eyes tested at Bangkok hospital or others and let any shop in MBk do it for you, that is much cheaper than the glasses from hospital.

The OP was not asking for the glasses to be fixed for free

If they offered him good service and reasonable price he might become a customer

How do you think you a business gets new customers and builds their business?

Obvious  you don't run your own business

And shows how much of a judge you are.

I own and have run a successfull buisiness here for 11 years my friend.

And I stand by my quote , they are perfectly wirhin their right to refuse to carry out the repair.

Would you take a Rolex to Hublot and expect them to fix it because you might become one of their customers , there both watches right?

A buisiness succeeds by taking care of their customers and not running around helping out other companies problems.

Try Dr Pairat just south of Market village (one block).  He only opens at 5 or 6 in the evening because he works at Bangkok Hospital during the day, but he is a renowned eye surgeon in Hua Hin and also does testing, sales, and repairs of glasses (although repairs may need to be sent to Bangkok).  He just replaced the lenses in both my mother in law's eyes because of cataracts and she is amazed at the fact that she hasn't seen this good since she was a child.  Great work at a reasonable price for anything related to vision.

And I stand by my quote , they are perfectly wirhin their right to refuse to carry out the repair.

Would you take a Rolex to Hublot and expect them to fix it because you might become one of their customers , there both watches right?

A buisiness succeeds by taking care of their customers and not running around helping out other companies problems.

I think you have a very singolar idea of what "business" it mean... but i respect you.

A'm sure you are running your own as well as possible, but we are talking about something different...

I walked inside there (TCO) to ask for repair my glasses, of course not for free, of course thinking they do theyr job (don't be surprised if i say i was quiet expecting they say no, just because my previous experience with them ok?).

But simply they don't do... because they just look for to sell, nothing more. Not any assistance tho those who are not "customers", and not any assistance to the customers with "expired" warrant (singolar not?), not even payng.

And this talk very clearly about wich kind of serious company they are...

I will never buy something more there, because they do not deserve and because they are overpriced also offering bad products.

To stay on the market, running a business, for me it mean something different, it talk about caring about the Customer (where Customer is also the one who enter looking for assistance, not just for to buy), looking for him coming back, not running away. Expecially on those days...

We are not talking about Ferrari vendors, or Rolex as well... just an optical shop (this show the label),

And if an optical shop doesn't offert this kind of service it worth to close.

wai2.gif

• Like 2

And shows how much of a judge you are.

What?????   Rolex and Hublot???  Huh???

We are talking about top Charoen Optical.  They sell frames and lenses.

The OP will never be a customer of them now.  If they had done a simple repair and charged him for it, they would have a chance of him becoming a customer.

How do you think businesses get customers in the first place??

• Like 1