Family of Sevenoaks schoolgirls missing in Thailand make plea for information

webfact

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The sad fact is, that with Thailand,s extremely porous borders, and the organised networks for human traffiking, these poor children could be anywhere in Asia by now.

I really hope there is a good ending to this story, especially for the poor innocent children.

Sadly, I suspect that they've been dead for quite some time, now. sad.png Medieval punishment for their abductors/murderers. vampire.gif

Why would you post such a stupid insensitive statement. You may very well have your suspicions. Keep them to yourself. Who is interested in a comment like that. Certainly not the father. Sometimes it wise to think befor you air rubbish like that.

• Like 1

I was hoping they would have been found by now.

Has this story been covered by the Thai language national press and TV?

I doubt by now they are very much 'missing in Thailand'.

Edit: Also, they were not abducted; they were handed to mother by father for a visit. If she absconded with them, then that by definition is not abducting.

The article needs to get its facts right before pouring out, as yet, still unknowns.

Would it be out of the question to post this on social media to help find the girls? Or is there some sort of ethical problem with doing that? If i shared it with my wife could share it between her thai friends surly this would help?

If you abscond with children who are not in your parental custody surely that is abduction.

He shall have been awarded 'custody' for sure, but in Thailand parental responsibility is 50/50 and never intended to be devisive. If the children are in Thailand, then legally (and unfortunately, in this case), and in law, she has as much right to that parental responsibility. Thus, it is not abduction. As soon as he handed them into the 'parental care of mother', on a formal, even if ad hoc, basis, he handed parental responsibility for the time they are with her. If that time was not agreed on paper, in a contractual form, then the mother has done nothing wrong. (again, I re-iterate, unfortunately). Such issues are delicate matters where children are involved, and anybody should read this forum with severity at mind. Sort out the law, before you assume it works the way it does in your home country.

Well Dr Lom what is your view or Thai Law knowledge you seem or think you have in answer to the arrest warrant issued for his ex wife. Love to hear your response to that.

Quite happy to issue an answer on this Q you posed without it being a Q.

Issuing an arrest warrant is simply and act of goodwill here... it doesn't mean time is spent on carrying it through. It is a 'face saving' issuance, and in Thailand, well... you should know. Arrest warrants are out for people at the very top who go about their daily jobs succinctly and in broad daylight... are they arrested?

Edit: Also, they were not abducted; they were handed to mother by father for a visit. If she absconded with them, then that by definition is not abducting.

The article needs to get its facts right before pouring out, as yet, still unknowns.

It is abduction if the mother took them across an international border, legally or illegally.

Sadly, I suspect that they've been dead for quite some time, now. sad.png Medieval punishment for their abductors/murderers. vampire.gif

Wow how can you say this!!! The mother was asking for money to return them so surely they are still alive. Really I dont know how you can say something like this.
  • Like 1

Mr Day was granted full custody(Not sure where), therefore if his ex wife absconds with their children, then surely she has ABDUCTED them....... Typical, try to be nice, and low and behold the animal reverts to form...... I'd be waiting for the ransome note coming shortly...... How many times have you heard this story in Thailand ?

The abducted kids are being used as "bargaining chips" or emotional hostages to prise money out of the father. Doubtless Mummy has a Thai b/f with gambling /drug/ bank debts helping her along.

If the Father has sole custody of the kids, he should never have returned them to her even for a "visit". No good turn goes unpunished with people like that.

If it is believed that the new husband has anything to do with this he could find himself barred from Thailand.

Being barred from Thailand is not necessarily a bad thing.

It probably is if you have got a wife and family here.

The abducted kids are being used as "bargaining chips" or emotional hostages to prise money out of the father. Doubtless Mummy has a Thai b/f with gambling /drug/ bank debts helping her along.

If the Father has sole custody of the kids, he should never have returned them to her even for a "visit". No good turn goes unpunished with people like that.

I think that you will find that the court order allowed the mother the right to have the children for short annual periods.

Jools I am sorry you raised this possibility, it does happen, fortunately not that often and the probability is they are still alive and well, but this is one reason why the mother should contact someone urgently, whether it be the police, the farther, or a third party to verify they are alive and well.

I think that you will find that the court order allowed the mother the right to have the children for short annual periods.

She could have come to England (on her expense) to exercise her right...

Big mistake from the father - leave the kids out of sight with the mother --- while doing his "Pattaya Temple Tour Holyday"; responsible father,(unemployed?), still living with his parents, my arse!

The Norwegian new husband? Would you give your vulnerable daughters in a setting like this?

I think this Norwegian guy is the sick mastermind behind all this.

I feel sorry for the girls...but all adults involved (incl. grand parents) deserve themselves.

Parental Abduction or Kidnapping is when one parent takes the children and refuses to return them or if one parent removes the child to an unknown location in an attempt to deny visitation or access of the other parent, even without a standing custody decision, it is considered Parental Abduction or Kidnapping. Virginia Code § 18.2-47

http://morsepi.com/investigation-services/virginia-child-custody/parental-abduction-kidnapping/

So many punters on here ripping off a punter and accusing him of not reading the full facts.

Pity none of them read the full thread before they posted their comment, which is often almost identical to a comment that appears several places on every page of the thread.

Not reading before sounding off is par for the course on Thai Visa

Big mistake from the father - leave the kids out of sight with the mother --- while doing his "Pattaya Temple Tour Holyday"; responsible father,(unemployed?), still living with his parents, my arse!

The Norwegian new husband? Would you give your vulnerable daughters in a setting like this?

I feel sorry for the girls...but all adults involved (incl. grand parents) deserve themselves.

So Rob (the father of the children) lives with his parents does he??

I don't know where you got that from but when I stayed down at HIS house in December his Mum and Dad for sure were not there ;)

@ Dr Lom I have never ever read so much nonsense from one man,please do your homework on this case before spouting your drivel...

Please everyone (who has threadf***) throughout this important thread let's get back to the original idea of the thread and maybe help instead of being the big "I know all things Thai"

Thank You :)

• Like 1

If you abscond with children who are not in your parental custody surely that is abduction.

He shall have been awarded 'custody' for sure, but in Thailand parental responsibility is 50/50 and never intended to be devisive. If the children are in Thailand, then legally (and unfortunately, in this case), and in law, she has as much right to that parental responsibility. Thus, it is not abduction. As soon as he handed them into the 'parental care of mother', on a formal, even if ad hoc, basis, he handed parental responsibility for the time they are with her. If that time was not agreed on paper, in a contractual form, then the mother has done nothing wrong. (again, I re-iterate, unfortunately). Such issues are delicate matters where children are involved, and anybody should read this forum with severity at mind. Sort out the law, before you assume it works the way it does in your home country.

A child court order in Thailand is very similar to the western world, and if the mother has the right to see the child a time will be written into the order that she is legally allowed to have that child in her custody

You will also find in the order she is required at all time to keep the father notified of the child's were about's

Additionally: there are court orders / custody arrangements as well in Thailand where the mother has visiting right ONLY under supervision of the male party, the father. So no shopping, driving around with the child. Only with and with permission of the dad. Talking from experience.

I am sure the last thing Mr. Day needs is the advice from another barstool lawyer, I would imagine by now he knows exactly what the laws are and what his rights are.

As for parental responsibility being 50/50, your correct it is, until a court order is issued otherwise: ie. FULL CUSTODY

IMO pseudo self delusional barstool lawyer. chatting a real lawyer on a barstool is a pleasantly enlightening experience. evan non lawyers can easily understand concepts like "court awarded full custody"

Another Westerner talking with a Western point of view. You never left home - did you Peter Pans?

If as you believe, there is nothing wrong under thai law, then the police/thai authorities would not be taking action. perhaps you should contact all the parties and tell them "mai mee pan ha" no problem.

If you have the identity card number of the mother you go to any amphur and pay someone to lookup all addresses she has lived and which is the current name.

That way you can also find the address of her parents and possible ex-husband (if she has one).

You can pay someone at immigration to lookup the address of the foreign husband and inform the immigration office he's reporting too.

You can take the identity card number to the social security office and if you pay them they can find the address of her current and last employer.

If you have her mobile phone number, you can pay her bills in a DTAC or AIS office and you also get a receipt which has an address.

The police can ask for a record of mobile phone locations. To which locations did she like to travel often before disappearing?

Other links are old friends from work.

I would focus on the areas around those addresses.

I am looking for somebody that did something terrible to us and there's an arrest warrant against him.

But we can't find him.

The police basically does nothing. Our case is less serious than this.

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This post should be closed now the mother was found in Bangkok with the kids and was arrested by Thai police. The 2 girls were reunited with thier dad who has sole custody of them. The will stay in Thailand one week then return to Britain, happy ending for the brit and his daughters.

link to story -------- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyZ53el2exs

Edited by Tony125
  • Like 2

You are seriously blaming the father?

The bloke who fought for custody and raised his daughters in a decent stable environment?

Jesus christ.....the bitterness

I don't know if the BiB could do this legally, and I am just spouting off after looking at my 2 kids and thinking about this.

What I would want to see if I was the father though is an appeal to the boyfriend, in all the newspapers, saying.

"We don't know if you have anything to do with it and if you don't and are on a beach somewhere fine, drop into the police station and let us know.

If on the other hand you do know something, you are an accessory to a very serious crime, if you help us recover the kids we will take you to the airport and put you on an airplane, best not to come back.

If you don't come forward, when we find you, when not if. We are going to inspect every millimeter of your large intestine everyday for the next 15 years!"

I bet that would get buddy thinking!

There is every chance that the boyfriend has absolutely no idea that the kids are being looked for. The newspapers and TV should start publishing his name and picture asap, and call him in.

'There is every chance that the boyfriend has absolutely no idea'

I am sorry, but I think it is the other way around, and he is not 'the new boyfriend' he is the new 'husband'.

You think your wife can just abduct 2 children under your nose and not know about it or even be suspicious?

No matter what this woman may have told her new husband, or even convinced him the real father no longer wants the girls and the girls will go along with this story?... against their father they have exclusively lived with all their cognitive life?

The kids must be going nuts for a dad who they almost certainly have a lot of love for. Their stronger bond will be with their father. That is nothing other than pure logic.

These kids are being held against their will, I can almost guarantee that, and I can almost guarantee that the 'new husband' knows everything he is in fact involved with.

Also, The mother is on the run, and obviously there are many places she can no longer go, surely that would ring alarm bells..... Could this woman fool YOU in this situation???.. I doubt that.

I have a very sneaky and niggling suspicion that the member DrLom who seems to be just about the only person on this thread taking the defensive stance for the mother in the face of huge criticism, and the way his defense seems to be constructed seems to be that of someone who is living in blind denial.

I have a very slight suspicion that DrLom could well be the 'new husband'... Just my own personal suspicion. I just can't see any other motivation for his rationale.

Anyway, the 'new husband' is also missing and not been seen for the same amount of time as these little girls. The police would have almost certainly checked out his registered address on his visa. By law he has obviously failed to inform the immigration service about his change of circumstances. Maybe I am wrong, but I assume if you no longer live at the address on your visa, then you have to declare it immediately.

Maybe his 90 days report is almost up, and you definitely have to do that... If he does not show at an immigration, then he is going down for a long time when the authorities get him.... The BiB apathy in most of these cases is one thing, but once the farang is here illegally and now part of the case, then if Thailand is true to its xenophobic attitude, I can see it being ramped up with police, army, immigration and a certain embassy getting involved.

You have absolutely no idea about how naive farangs can be.

If his missus told him that the ex husband has agreed for her to have the kids for 2 months on holiday. Who would he ask in order to get a different answer? As long as the kids are happy and he doesn't know they are being looked for, the entire family could be lying to him and he has no clue.