BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Family of Sevenoaks schoolgirls missing in Thailand make plea for information

This story needs national TV coverage etc, I hope that the girls go home safely. and I hope that when they are found we get to hear about it on Thaivisa

The sad fact is, that with Thailand,s extremely porous borders, and the organised networks for human traffiking, these poor children could be anywhere in Asia by now.

I really hope there is a good ending to this story, especially for the poor innocent children.

Sadly, I suspect that they've been dead for quite some time, now. sad.png Medieval punishment for their abductors/murderers. vampire.gif

Why would you post such a stupid insensitive statement. You may very well have your suspicions. Keep them to yourself. Who is interested in a comment like that. Certainly not the father. Sometimes it wise to think befor you air rubbish like that.

• Like 1

I was hoping they would have been found by now.

Has this story been covered by the Thai language national press and TV?

I doubt by now they are very much 'missing in Thailand'.

Edit: Also, they were not abducted; they were handed to mother by father for a visit. If she absconded with them, then that by definition is not abducting.

The article needs to get its facts right before pouring out, as yet, still unknowns.

Would it be out of the question to post this on social media to help find the girls? Or is there some sort of ethical problem with doing that? If i shared it with my wife could share it between her thai friends surly this would help?

If you abscond with children who are not in your parental custody surely that is abduction.

He shall have been awarded 'custody' for sure, but in Thailand parental responsibility is 50/50 and never intended to be devisive. If the children are in Thailand, then legally (and unfortunately, in this case), and in law, she has as much right to that parental responsibility. Thus, it is not abduction. As soon as he handed them into the 'parental care of mother', on a formal, even if ad hoc, basis, he handed parental responsibility for the time they are with her. If that time was not agreed on paper, in a contractual form, then the mother has done nothing wrong. (again, I re-iterate, unfortunately). Such issues are delicate matters where children are involved, and anybody should read this forum with severity at mind. Sort out the law, before you assume it works the way it does in your home country.

Well Dr Lom what is your view or Thai Law knowledge you seem or think you have in answer to the arrest warrant issued for his ex wife. Love to hear your response to that.

Quite happy to issue an answer on this Q you posed without it being a Q.

Issuing an arrest warrant is simply and act of goodwill here... it doesn't mean time is spent on carrying it through. It is a 'face saving' issuance, and in Thailand, well... you should know. Arrest warrants are out for people at the very top who go about their daily jobs succinctly and in broad daylight... are they arrested?

I was hoping they would have been found by now.

Has this story been covered by the Thai language national press and TV?

I doubt by now they are very much 'missing in Thailand'.

Edit: Also, they were not abducted; they were handed to mother by father for a visit. If she absconded with them, then that by definition is not abducting.

The article needs to get its facts right before pouring out, as yet, still unknowns.

It is abduction if the mother took them across an international border, legally or illegally.

Sadly, I suspect that they've been dead for quite some time, now. sad.png Medieval punishment for their abductors/murderers. vampire.gif

Wow how can you say this!!! The mother was asking for money to return them so surely they are still alive. Really I dont know how you can say something like this.
  • Like 1

Mr Day was granted full custody(Not sure where), therefore if his ex wife absconds with their children, then surely she has ABDUCTED them....... Typical, try to be nice, and low and behold the animal reverts to form...... I'd be waiting for the ransome note coming shortly...... How many times have you heard this story in Thailand ?

The abducted kids are being used as "bargaining chips" or emotional hostages to prise money out of the father. Doubtless Mummy has a Thai b/f with gambling /drug/ bank debts helping her along.

If the Father has sole custody of the kids, he should never have returned them to her even for a "visit". No good turn goes unpunished with people like that.

If it is believed that the new husband has anything to do with this he could find himself barred from Thailand.

Being barred from Thailand is not necessarily a bad thing.

It probably is if you have got a wife and family here.

The abducted kids are being used as "bargaining chips" or emotional hostages to prise money out of the father. Doubtless Mummy has a Thai b/f with gambling /drug/ bank debts helping her along.

If the Father has sole custody of the kids, he should never have returned them to her even for a "visit". No good turn goes unpunished with people like that.

I think that you will find that the court order allowed the mother the right to have the children for short annual periods.

Jools I am sorry you raised this possibility, it does happen, fortunately not that often and the probability is they are still alive and well, but this is one reason why the mother should contact someone urgently, whether it be the police, the farther, or a third party to verify they are alive and well.

I think that you will find that the court order allowed the mother the right to have the children for short annual periods.

She could have come to England (on her expense) to exercise her right...

Big mistake from the father - leave the kids out of sight with the mother --- while doing his "Pattaya Temple Tour Holyday"; responsible father,(unemployed?), still living with his parents, my arse!

The Norwegian new husband? Would you give your vulnerable daughters in a setting like this?

I think this Norwegian guy is the sick mastermind behind all this.

I feel sorry for the girls...but all adults involved (incl. grand parents) deserve themselves.