Russian tourist found dead in Phuket hotel with 7 stab wounds

webfact

Russian tourist found dead in Phuket hotel with 7 stab wounds
Darawan Naknakhon

1407909269_1-org.jpg
Police examine the room where the Russian was found dead.

PHUKET: -- Patong police were called to a hotel in Patong this morning (August 13) after staff found a guest dead on the bed in his room, with a bloody knife next to him and blood spattered all over the bed.

Examining the body - identified as that of a 32-year-old Russian from the Siberian city of Yakutsk - Pol Lt Col Teerasak Boonsang and forensics officers found the victim had deep gashes on both arms and seven stab wounds in the chest.

Police concluded that he committed suicide.

Friends of the victim said he checked into the hotel on July 19 and was due to check out today to fly back to Russia.

“We gathered in front of the hotel this morning to take the shuttle bus and when he didn’t show up, we asked hotel staff to check his room,” one said.

A member of the hotel staff said, “The last time we saw him was at breakfast on Monday (August 11) and there has been a ‘Do not disturb’ sign on the door since yesterday.”

Police are still collecting evidence, and have been in touch with the Russian Embassy to discuss the case. The dead man is not being named until there has been a chance for his family to be informed.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-tourist-found-dead-in-phuket-hotel-with-7-stab-wounds-47830.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-08-13

• Like 1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PG makes a bit more sense.

“When we entered the room, we found him dead on the bed with a long, deep cut running from his wrist up his forearm, as well as seven stab wounds to his chest.”

At the scene, police also found a bloody knife, as well as three pages of handwritten notes in Russian, which were discarded in a bin in the bathroom.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Police-search-Phuket-ladyboy-Russian-tourist-slashed/32531#ad-image-1

To match the very amateur police force we also have very amateur journalism so nothing that is reported can be trusted as 'the truth'.

Agree, when I see "Phuket News" I tend to be skeptical.

They brought up so much confusion with some of their "from the immigration/visa" stories in the past.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I actually read the headline and first paragraph and thought I would jokingly write 'police decide likely suicide' I actually snorted and spat on the computer keyboard when I read it.

It is not a funny story in any shape or form and I feel sorry for the deceased and there family / friends (and the poor hotel staff that found him) but his police force is just comical.

At least they now seem to be looking at the possibility some one else may have done them harm

Not sure how you can blame the Phuket News if that is what they are told by the police. I am pretty sure the police would let us know if the Phuket News repeatedly reported things that was not told to them by the police which was a)wrong and b)made the police look bad.

G

Appalling but not as dubious as Gareth Williams the ex-MI6 employee found dead in sports bags which was zipped and padlocked, police said there's nothing suspicious. Seems plod are pretty lazy across the globe when they're not motivated by the bosses who are as unmotivated as the plod it seems!

so, if we can assume the following 3 things are correct.....

1. dead russian

2. knife

3. ladyboy

then suicide can be the only conclusion, right?

he was heartbroken to be leaving his ladyboy friend so he stabbed himself......7 times cos the first 6 were a bit off target, happens to us longsighted people all the time.

........or maybe she was shortsighted?

........ill put the kettle on.........

• Like 1

Seems to me this has been set up to appear as a suicide to cover the tracks of murder. I can't see this long cut and 7 stab wounds as a suicide.

As we are getting conflicting reports on the actual wounds, defensive, suicidal or homicidal - it may be a bit premature to start dismissing the police, and any statement attributed to them is also probably misreported.

Just a notation- long wounds on the inside forearms are classic suicide wounds and are far more effective than slicing the wrists perpendicular to the arm.

• Like 1